Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
Archery1969

Here we go.

Makesure you have:

- Read the opening post by Dallas several times until you are confident.

Very important
- Understand how to import and assign servants to key/mouse strokes. ie. no point in just left clicking the mouse on the ladder without first selectiong whichever key stroke you have assigned it to. ie. CTRL + Left Click etc. See screenshot attached.

I suggest you use minimum stakes as there is not much point is using in test mode. But thats upto yourself.

We dont want to see anyone selling this on ebay for £0.99p or $149.95 by that bald muppet from downunder.

You will need to manually greenup/spread profit/loss at the end before the market goes in-play.

Let me know if you spot any bugs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:27 pm
Here we go.

Makesure you have:

- Read the opening post by Dallas several times until you are confident.

Very important
- Understand how to import and assign servants to key/mouse strokes. ie. no point in just left clicking the mouse on the ladder without first selectiong whichever key stroke you have assigned it to. ie. CTRL + Left Click etc. See screenshot attached.

I suggest you use minimum stakes as there is not much point is using in test mode. But thats upto yourself.

We dont want to see anyone selling this on ebay for £0.99p or $149.95 by that bald muppet from downunder.

You will need to manually greenup/spread profit/loss at the end before the market goes in-play.

Let me know if you spot any bugs.
Thanks for posting this! I've downloaded it too. Can't wait to have a dig inside and see how you've gone about setting it up.
jghinge

Thanks very much for sharing that. However unfortunately when I try to put it into BA it says it was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not compatible and cannot be imported. I am using professional. Is there a way around this to get it installed please?
Thanks
Archery1969

jghinge wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:57 pm
Thanks very much for sharing that. However unfortunately when I try to put it into BA it says it was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not compatible and cannot be imported. I am using professional. Is there a way around this to get it installed please?
Thanks
You need v1.56.0 of BA to import and run.
jghinge

Hi, Thanks for that, have downloaded the latest version of BA and downloaded your version.

Still showing my ignorance, but I have it set your version on shortcut ctl left click but when I try to place a back trap it places a bet in the queue but immediately places an opposing trade at the current price. I clearly have this setup incorrectly, Any ideas what I have done wrong?
Is your version for back first or lay first please?
Why does it immediately place a lay bet at the current price not wait for the price to come to the trap trade please?

I was using the original ones ok so I know what to expect if things are working correctly.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.
jamesg46

jghinge wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:50 pm
Hi, Thanks for that, have downloaded the latest version of BA and downloaded your version.

Still showing my ignorance, but I have it set your version on shortcut ctl left click but when I try to place a back trap it places a bet in the queue but immediately places an opposing trade at the current price. I clearly have this setup incorrectly, Any ideas what I have done wrong?
Why does it immediately place a lay bet at the current price not wait for the price to come to the trap trade please?

I was using the original ones ok so I know what to expect if things are working correctly.

You don't have it set up incorrectly, the file doesn't work correctly, but on the plus side you can have some fun learning how to fix the problem... 99% of the hard work has been done. I had the exact same issue as you when I first used it, I just deleted either side of the rule (back one & lay one) and tested them seperately and they (on there own) work perfectly... the puzzle is how to get them to work in the same file.
Archery1969

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:54 pm
jghinge wrote:

You don't have it set up incorrectly, the file doesn't work correctly, but on the plus side you can have some fun learning how to fix the problem... 99% of the hard work has been done. I had the exact same issue as you when I first used it, I just deleted either side of the rule (back one & lay one) and tested them seperately and they (on there own) work perfectly... the puzzle is how to get them to work in the same file.
The problem must be using 'Servant Context Price' in the same file. Any ideas Dallas ? :roll:
jamesg46

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:10 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
jghinge wrote:

The problem must be using 'Servant Context Price' in the same file. Any ideas Dallas ? :roll:
I think what is happening is that when the Servant is triggered on the back side (placing the back bet first) guardian then goes onto cycle through the rules and the lay bet side then triggers but I haven't had time to delve into it too much so I could be very wrong. If that is the case then it'll just require a condition on both sides to check the opposing side has triggered... that is my initial thoughts but like I say I haven't really had chance to get into it too much and even when I do it may turn out that I've not got a scooby doo.
Dallas

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:24 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I think what is happening is that when the Servant is triggered on the back side (placing the back bet first) guardian then goes onto cycle through the rules and the lay bet side then triggers but I haven't had time to delve into it too much so I could be very wrong. If that is the case then it'll just require a condition on both sides to check the opposing side has triggered... that is my initial thoughts but like I say I haven't really had chance to get into it too much and even when I do it may turn out that I've not got a scooby doo.
Just having a quick catch up on this now, I'll try and look at the Servant in the morning but from memory I'm not sure you'll be able to configure it to back and lay with one servant/short cut key

I also think i'm right in thinking Archery1969 said there was other things added to in case of reversals etc?
If so I use a variation of these servants all the time and have them assigned to separate keys 'B' and 'Lay', I've always though that was much cleaner and certainly an easier way than trying to put them together and having both start with say 'A' key

But if people want it on one key I can take a look and see how/if it can be done
Archery1969

Hi,

I think I have sorted it now. But can someone test it as I rather busy.

We now have a condition on the opening Back and opening Lay rules.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jghinge

Hi,

Thanks again. I did try a couple of test trades and although I am not sure exactly what is going wrong, I placed £10 back and a £10 lay and ended up with bets much larger than that. it placed some much larger random trades than I put in. It seems it places multiple trades. I have run out of UK races now to try and find out more.

Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks again
Archery1969

jghinge wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:48 pm
Hi,

Thanks again. I did try a couple of test trades and although I am not sure exactly what is going wrong, I placed £10 back and a £10 lay and ended up with bets much larger than that. it placed some much larger random trades than I put in. It seems it places multiple trades. I have run out of UK races now to try and find out more.

Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks again
A couple of things:
- Stop using it.
- Only use minimum stakes. ie. £2 and not £10.
- Each rule is only designed to fire 1 time unless you are clicking multiple times on a selections ladder.

And finally, is your ladder reversed ?
Archery1969

Think I might have found the problem.

New version attached.

Use the minimum stakes. ie. £2

Cheers,
jghinge

Hi,

Thanks again. I will try the new version today.
In answer to your questions I am not clicking multiple times but yes my ladder is reversed which is how I manually trade. It seemed to work Okay with the original version when reversed. Should I put it back to normal mode to use this one please?

Thanks
jamesg46

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:05 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:24 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

Just having a quick catch up on this now, I'll try and look at the Servant in the morning but from memory I'm not sure you'll be able to configure it to back and lay with one servant/short cut key

I also think i'm right in thinking Archery1969 said there was other things added to in case of reversals etc?
If so I use a variation of these servants all the time and have them assigned to separate keys 'B' and 'Lay', I've always though that was much cleaner and certainly an easier way than trying to put them together and having both start with say 'A' key

But if people want it on one key I can take a look and see how/if it can be done
Once the framework is done to use both in the same file using servant context It'll literally be one step away from being able to convert it to a fully automated bot. Not bad, I love it.... it feels like you planted the seed (original servant) Peter watered it (videos) and out blossoms Archery :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”