Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:35 pm
Morbius wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:10 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:57 pm
I personally feel he'll go into punditry soon, just so he can stay relevant and regularly remind people what he's won in the past.

Either that or he'll have a crack with Portugal and go for the big trophies, their upcoming generation is pretty nuts.

He's getting tetchy now because his excuses are running out. He's been at Tottenham long enough now for excuses to end. His reaction to what OGS said about Son and not feeding his kids was nothing more than deflecting tactics. He and everybody else on the planet knew that Olly didn't mean it literally and wasn't actually saying he wouldn't feed his kids. He knows the English language well enough to understand that over exaggeration is a part of English humour. His deflecting tactics after a 3-1 defeat was just typical Mourinho and it looked exactly what it was when he ended the conference....pathetic.
Tell me to shut up if you wish. :-) But the use of the word "pathetic" annoys me. It's invariably used as a pejorative. For me it means "arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.". If you want to crtiticise Jose, call him a knobhead. It's much clearer! :-)

I would never tell you to shut up, reason being I'm too used to people telling me to :-)
Kai

Wouldn't want to trigger rival fans but yeah, Liverpool FC is a special institution indeed, very glad I lucked out into supporting the club :)

The club values align with my own and the rich history speaks for itself, the worldwide fanbase is pretty incredible and wholesome to say the least, the players and ex players must feel that connection too since they won't shut up about it for the rest of their life.

I don't consume much else from football, since in my subjective and objective opinion I already consume the very best of football, simply by consuming Liverpool FC. As cringe as that sounds :lol:

Can't even compare smaller leagues with that, too much corruption kills what little enjoyment there is. England is miles ahead in terms of football product, it's probably your biggest export, it has the right mix of everything, while most of Europe still has issues with hooliganism. Other big leagues all have a major flaw in them, hopefully VAR doesn't become one for England.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:16 pm
Wouldn't want to trigger rival fans but yeah, Liverpool FC is a special institution indeed, very glad I lucked out into supporting the club :)
I started off supporting Everton because I liked their strip, then I saw Arsenal's and liked theirs better so supported them, but then I saw the all red and that was it!

In my defense all those flip-flops were in a 5 minute period and I was 4 years old but I got there in the end!
Kai

Glad to hear you've come to your senses Pat, and much sooner than Carra too :D 👍
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:39 pm
Glad to hear you've come to your senses Pat, and much sooner than Carra too :D 👍
:lol:
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:30 pm
Kai wrote:
I started off supporting Everton because I liked their strip, then I saw Arsenal's and liked theirs better so supported them, but then I saw the all red and that was it!

In my defense all those flip-flops were in a 5 minute period and I was 4 years old but I got there in the end!
Thats amazing. I went through the exact same list. I wasn't pushed in any direction by family. So floated. I remember Charlie George and Ronnie Radford with great fondness. But, ultimately,, aged 9, Liverpool were it for me. And nothing ignites my passion and despair so much as their results/performances. Such is the fate of a fan.
Who to support between Everton and Spurs? Given the impact on LFC of their result. Tricky. A draw, of course. But to deny any fan success for their club is tough for me. Well impossible, actually. One pitch, 22 players, game on!
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:16 pm
Thats amazing. I went through the exact same list. I wasn't pushed in any direction by family. So floated. I remember Charlie George and Ronnie Radford with great fondness. But, ultimately,, aged 9, Liverpool were it for me. And nothing ignites my passion and despair so much as their results/performances. Such is the fate of a fan.
Who to support between Everton and Spurs? Given the impact on LFC of their result. Tricky. A draw, of course. But to deny any fan success for their club is tough for me. Well impossible, actually. One pitch, 22 players, game on!
Great minds!

I'd say a draw or Spurs because of Everton's game in hand which in handy because Spurs have just scored!
greenmark

Missed the 1st half Eve v Spurs. But Spurs look pretty lively up front, but pretty slack midfield and the defence is ....erm...not sure.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:16 pm
Missed the 1st half Eve v Spurs. But Spurs look pretty lively up front, but pretty slack midfield and the defence is ....erm...not sure.
Benny HIll defending by Everton for 2-2!

Head the ball onto your teammates arse and it falls perfectly for Harry Kane! :lol:
greenmark

Harry Kane is great. Like a cobra in this game. Romantically, I wouldn't want him to leave 'his' club. That loyalty is laudable. But you do wonder what honours he could achieve elsewhere.
Also can't believe the odds are favouring a draw. This is a bun-fight.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:37 pm
Harry Kane is great. Like a cobra in this game. Romantically, I wouldn't want him to leave 'his' club. That loyalty is laudable. But you do wonder what honours he could achieve elsewhere.
Shame to see him go off like that. The only real weakness in his game is his injury record.
Morbius

Kai wrote:

The club values align with my own and the rich history speaks for itself, the worldwide fanbase is pretty incredible and wholesome to say the least, the players and ex players must feel that connection too since they won't shut up about it for the rest of their life.

I don't consume much else from football, since in my subjective and objective opinion I already consume the very best of football, simply by consuming Liverpool FC. As cringe as that sounds :lol:

Can't even compare smaller leagues with that, too much corruption kills what little enjoyment there is. England is miles ahead in terms of football product, it's probably your biggest export, it has the right mix of everything, while most of Europe still has issues with hooliganism. Other big leagues all have a major flaw in them, hopefully VAR doesn't become one for England.

OMG Kai you nailed your explanation of that third paragraph, I thought you were a club rep when I read that lol

Unfortunately I consume a lot of things and am a real N&A (Nerd and Anorak) :-)
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:37 pm

I really like Harry Kane and he is my idealised version of what a striker should be. He is "cobra" like and scores the kinds of goals that require footballing intelligence unlike Jamie Vardy for example who relies a lot on raw pace and a cool finish. For the same reason I like Edinson Cavani and if he was a tad more consistent, Alexandre Lacazette. Did anyone see his second and Arsenal's fourth against Slavia, true class in a tight space, reminded me a bit of Lucas Mouras goal against Ajax in the 2019 CL semi
Trader Pat

MOTD will be worth watching tonight just to see Newcastle's first 2 goals! Comedy gold! :D
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:14 pm
MOTD will be worth watching tonight just to see Newcastle's first 2 goals! Comedy gold! :D

Nobody seems to want to grab those 3rd and 4th places by the scruff of the neck. I wouldn't be shocked to see Leicester drop out again like last year although Chelsea have some serious momentum so its City/United/Chelsea and one other for me

Return to “Football trading”