Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:30 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:14 pm
MOTD will be worth watching tonight just to see Newcastle's first 2 goals! Comedy gold! :D

Nobody seems to want to grab those 3rd and 4th places by the scruff of the neck. I wouldn't be shocked to see Leicester drop out again like last year although Chelsea have some serious momentum so its City/United/Chelsea and one other for me
Yeah it will be tough to finish ahead of Chelsea unless their involvement in other comps catches up with them.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:36 pm
Morbius wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:30 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
MOTD will be worth watching tonight just to see Newcastle's first 2 goals! Comedy gold! :D

Nobody seems to want to grab those 3rd and 4th places by the scruff of the neck. I wouldn't be shocked to see Leicester drop out again like last year although Chelsea have some serious momentum so its City/United/Chelsea and one other for me
Yeah it will be tough to finish ahead of Chelsea unless their involvement in other comps catches up with them.

I hope your right because I would love to see an English team in the CL final from that half of the draw but I feel Real will have too much for them over two legs at this stage in their progression.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
About time Newbcastle woke up 👍
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:49 pm
OMG Kai you nailed your explanation of that third paragraph, I thought you were a club rep when I read that lol

Unfortunately I consume a lot of things and am a real N&A (Nerd and Anorak) :-)
That's fine, most things should be safe enough to consume 👍 As long as they don't consume you instead :)
Trader Pat

Ah crap! I thought today was the test event for fans not tomorrow :D
greenmark

I assume Wolves will relegate the Blades today. And it's really sad. It's kind of weird.
Sheff U won promotion, roar to the top. Next season complete flop. It's that difficult second album. Or from a player point of view "I've made it, so sod off".
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:13 pm
I assume Wolves will relegate the Blades today. And it's really sad. It's kind of weird.
Sheff U won promotion, roar to the top. Next season complete flop. It's that difficult second album. Or from a player point of view "I've made it, so sod off".

United have been treading water for over a year greenmark. The second half of last season wasn't good. Teams adjusted to their style and one dimensional game plan. Wilder had to step up and he couldn't cut it and when his championship players were asked to produce something different, they couldn't. One season in the Prem doesn't mean you are good enough. They had a very good half season last year and that kept them up. But a combination of better opposing managers, better opposing players and no money to spend and season 2 is always going to be a struggle. After losing their first four and then a lame draw with Fulham iirc it was clear they were in trouble. Be interesting to see how Leeds do next year but Bielsa may make the difference
greenmark

Morbius wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:25 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:13 pm

United have been treading water for over a year greenmark. The second half of last season wasn't good. Teams adjusted to their style and one dimensional game plan. Wilder had to step up and he couldn't cut it and when his championship players were asked to produce something different, they couldn't. One season in the Prem doesn't mean you are good enough. They had a very good half season last year and that kept them up. But a combination of better opposing managers, better opposing players and no money to spend and season 2 is always going to be a struggle. After losing their first four and then a lame draw with Fulham iirc it was clear they were in trouble. Be interesting to see how Leeds do next year but Bielsa may make the difference
Can't disagree with any of that. Sad though that the Blades have gone.
As it is when any team is relegated. Just come back stronger! :-)
Kai

Harry Kane has just submitted a transfer request : https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56789329
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:15 pm
Harry Kane has just submitted a transfer request : https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56789329

Maybe Levy told him Jose was staying at the end of the season :lol:

edit....well that serves me right for posting before watching the video lol
Trader Pat

Rory Bremner has a lot to answer for
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:38 pm
Kai wrote:

Well, somebody had to walk into that one 👍
Trader Pat

Really disappointed with the fans at Wembley, they sound exactly like the fake crowd noise!

Was really hoping to hear something different, thought somebody would have started a chorus of "The referee's a wanker" by now!
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:21 pm
Morbius wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:38 pm
Kai wrote:

Well, somebody had to walk into that one 👍
Kai you did me like a kipper, I wouldn't be shocked if your devious Dr Evil type mind planned the whole thing based on the Harry Kane rumours just to catch some poor sod who was too impatient to click the link :-)

I'm glad Villarreal did Dinamo now :-)
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:47 pm

Kai you did me like a kipper, I wouldn't be shocked if your devious Dr Evil type mind planned the whole thing based on the Harry Kane rumours just to catch some poor sod who was too impatient to click the link :-)

I'm glad Villarreal did Dinamo now :-)

Oomph that's below the belt! :D

Return to “Football trading”