Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
greenmark

Thats about as good as it gets vs Real. I missed some of it, but it looked pretty competent from Chelsea. And Werner scoring again with Mount/Perisic rounding it off. No wonder the bench went potty at the end. Oh and Kante zipping around like he does. All good stuff.
Morbius

Euler wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:50 pm
Chelsea have really done a great job against RM. Final looks tasty now!

And no Spanish team in the final for three years running. Chelsea have done better than I expected but that's got to be down to Tuchel. He's done an amazing job in such a short time span. I always rated him but just felt this campaign would be a season too soon but Pat was right as this RM do lack legs. Nacho was finished with 10m to go.
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:01 pm
Thats about as good as it gets vs Real. I missed some of it, but it looked pretty competent from Chelsea. And Werner scoring again with Mount/Perisic rounding it off. No wonder the bench went potty at the end. Oh and Kante zipping around like he does. All good stuff.

When Kantes on his game then he's almost like two players in one. It was his dynamism that drove Leicester to the title
Trader Pat

Tuchel is obviously a really good coach and a great fit for Chelsea, a team with no prima donnas.

Spare a thought for Courtios and Hazard who left Chelsea to win the Champions League!
Kai

Nicked this image of Madrid's midfield tonight from Twitter, very eerie but very accurate :D Well played Chelski.

footysystems

Poor teams this year imo
greenmark

....and Don Hutchinson on 5 live gave Kai Havertz Man of the Match. Well done Kai!! :-)
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:30 pm
....and Don Hutchinson on 5 live gave Kai Havertz Man of the Match. Well done Kai!! :-)
Thanks! Couldn't have done it without my teammates Werner, Kante and Hazard ;)

jamesedwards

Been trading quite of bit of South American football recently and the amount of diving, injury playacting, and time wasting makes the game almost unwatchable. We are so lucky that our domestic football has managed to keep this predominantly out of our game.
wearthefoxhat

Morbius wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:58 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:43 pm
ELO rankings for the top 16.

It does seem destiny for Man City this year to win this year, although a one off game could even things out a little, whoever they end up against. (Probably Real Madrid)

Europe.png

How are those elo ratings calculated does anyone know???

http://clubelo.com/Data

elo.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:12 pm
Nicked this image of Madrid's midfield tonight from Twitter, very eerie but very accurate :D Well played Chelski.

Very unfair that image. Modric may be 35 but Casemiro and Kroos are only around 30. That was posted in hindsight after the result I'm betting. What Modric lacks in legs he makes up for in footballing intelligence. Zidane still rates him and they could still win La Liga
Morbius

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:13 am
Morbius wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:58 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:43 pm
ELO rankings for the top 16.

It does seem destiny for Man City this year to win this year, although a one off game could even things out a little, whoever they end up against. (Probably Real Madrid)

Europe.png

How are those elo ratings calculated does anyone know???

http://clubelo.com/Data

elo.png

Thanks fella I will take a look at that today. I didn't agree with some of those rankings and that's putting it mildly lol
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:30 pm

Here's a tip that a lot of younger football traders may have missed who watch matches. IMO the pro Co commentators on five live are very good if you wanted a very experienced second opinion if you were trading in play without your own opinion getting in the way. Because its radio they have to talk more. People like Clinton Morrison, Pat Nevin, Neil Lennon, Dion Dublin etc may not be as sexy or bigger names than sky pundits but the difference is you get their comments during the first half and in greater quantity. They are excellent game readers which is what you'd expect and that's what you want and not pre game tips

I laid Roma last week at 1-1 and again at 1-2 against United and backed the over markets purely on the game reading and analysis of Clinton Morrison. Sometimes listening is better than seeing
Kai

I bring tidings!

Jurgen Klopp's agent Marc Kosicke on whether Klopp will still be in charge of Liverpool FC next season: “Absolutely! No discussion.”
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:03 pm
Chelsea have done better than I expected but that's got to be down to Tuchel. He's done an amazing job in such a short time span.
"In four months at Chelsea, Thomas Tuchel has now beaten Zinedine Zidane, Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Diego Simeone (X2), José Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti. And without conceding a single goal either in those seven matches."

He also becomes the first manager in Champions League history to make it to the final in consecutive seasons with different clubs.

Not bad! Credit where due. Hope he beats Pep in the final, like he did in that league game.

Btw saw this somewhere, about their sacking policies.

They are apparently very good at sacking their manager mid-season and then reaching a European final.
1998 Cup Winners' Cup Gullit/Vialli
2008 Champions League Mourinho/Grant
2012 Champions League AVB/Di Matteo
2013 Europa League Di Matteo/Benitez
2021 Champions League Lampard/Tuchel

Return to “Football trading”