Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

Glad the Premiership's back, no glitches in the exchange so far. :D
greenmark

Looks like Erik ten Hag has a massive job. I still don't see anything compelling about United. Passing is too slow, the movement isn't urgent/dynamic.

Jeez as a write this it's now 2-0 Brighton.
Trader Pat

Ten Hag is a very good coach but you can't polish a turd.

That starting eleven is a bang average mid table team. Apart from De Gea, Fernandes and Ronaldo (when he plays) the rest of them aren't good enough to be United players. Shaw, Maguire & Dalot aren't good enough, Same goes for Fred and McTominay, Sancho hasn't done anything since moving to Utd and what's happened to Rashford? He's becoming the next Dele Alli.

The bench isn't much better. Ten Hag might be able to get a tune out of van de Beek, Wan-Bissaka isn't good enough and Varane looks lost without Sergio Ramos alongside him.

All set up now for Ronaldo to come on and score a hattrick!
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:58 pm
Ten Hag is a very good coach but you can't polish a turd.

That starting eleven is a bang average mid table team. Apart from De Gea, Fernandes and Ronaldo (when he plays) the rest of them aren't good enough to be United players. Shaw, Maguire & Dalot aren't good enough, Same goes for Fred and McTominay, Sancho hasn't done anything since moving to Utd and what's happened to Rashford? He's becoming the next Dele Alli.

The bench isn't much better. Ten Hag might be able to get a tune out of van de Beek, Wan-Bissaka isn't good enough and Varane looks lost without Sergio Ramos alongside him.

All set up now for Ronaldo to come on and score a hattrick!
It's quite weird really. One of the biggest clubs in the world can't find a solution to this malaise.
I disagree that they don't have the (potential) quality. But it hasn't been a dynamic team for yonks. Probably Ole injected some dynamism. But they look like a lazy bunch of overpaid players that don't give two hoots about the people that pay their wages.
But, yes, it will be fascinating to see what difference Ronaldo will make.
greenmark

Defender barges into the back of an attacker in control of the ball in the penalty area knocking the attacker off his feet. Stonewall penalty - WTF are VAR looking at?
Trader Pat

Handball surely?
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:26 pm
Handball surely?
Perhaps explained by this from the Premier league.
"If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out."
I'd like to see both that and the clumsy barge by Utd in their penalty area again.
Utd playing with greater urgency and I think Brighton's strategy of going 5 at the back and defending is a big mistake.
Trader Pat

The Premier League seem intent of making the rules more confusing every season.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:46 pm
Oopsadaisy. Utd 1 Birghton 2. Oh hang on. We drew with Fulham yesterday. :-(
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:55 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
I'd rather be a Liverpool fan than a Utd one right now. That's some rebuilding job Ten Hag has on his hands.

Having said that Thiago looks like he might be out for a while, talk of a swap deal involving Brozivic from Inter for Firmino or Keita. Keita would make sense, the man is made of glass. I'd love the club to make a playy for Barella but don't think Inter would let him go and it would probably end in a bidding war but Brozivic is a good option. Improvement on Henderson imo. I'm surprised he's still the captain to be honest, thought Klopp might have given the armband to Van Dijk during the offseason.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:26 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:55 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
I'd rather be a Liverpool fan than a Utd one right now. That's some rebuilding job Ten Hag has on his hands.

Having said that Thiago looks like he might be out for a while, talk of a swap deal involving Brozivic from Inter for Firmino or Keita. Keita would make sense, the man is made of glass. I'd love the club to make a playy for Barella but don't think Inter would let him go and it would probably end in a bidding war but Brozivic is a good option. Improvement on Henderson imo. I'm surprised he's still the captain to be honest, thought Klopp might have given the armband to Van Dijk during the offseason.
Would be sad to see Robbie go. But I guess everyone has to go sometime. A joyfully unselfish No.9, hope he is lauded if and when he goes.
I'm not actually sure VVD is captain material. He's the epitome of laid back Dutchman. He turns up, does a great job (usually, Mitrovic allowing) and expects the same from everyone else. Hendo and most captains are far more in your face the whole time. But perhaps VVD is the only other option as skipper, although maybe Andy Robertson might be a shout. But its hard captaining a team from left back.
I don't see any need to spend any more in this window, but that's probably why I'm here and not trekking the Grand Canyon, riding a bike across the USA etc etc.
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:48 pm
Trying to find an in-play match on your smartphone on a Saturday is a nightmare!
It's a great shame the Betfair app doesn't allow you to connect with 'favourite' markets you've bookmarked on your PC, so you can find them easily on your phone.
greenmark

Just watching Sheff W v Sunderland.
For me as a partially colour blind person, in wide shot, its just 20 players in the same kit running around.
Why are Sunderland not in their away kit. Why are the EFL so flipping thick about this issue? Just impose a contrasting kit, its not flipping rocket science!
Trader Pat

I'm really happy that proper football is back on tv but I haven't missed the pundits :| Year on year they seem to get worse.

I'm strongly considering learning Italian so I can understand the likes of Capello and Sacchi
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:55 am
I'm really happy that proper football is back on tv but I haven't missed the pundits :| Year on year they seem to get worse.

I'm strongly considering learning Italian so I can understand the likes of Capello and Sacchi
I speak Italian.

Ciao 😂🤷‍♂️😂

Return to “Football trading”