inusurance for either under 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 or fh 1.f

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
LegendHowes

Hi, being trying to find an insurance for markets listed above if there is any. Thanks for any help
Derek27

LegendHowes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:40 pm
Hi, being trying to find an insurance for markets listed above if there is any. Thanks for any help
You'll need to elaborate. What exactly do you want to insure yourself against?
LegendHowes

early goal in the 1st 10 mins
Derek27

LegendHowes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:34 pm
early goal in the 1st 10 mins
Are you backing or laying? What is your objective? Are you letting the bet run or intend to trade out?
jimibt

i think the insurance bet conundrum has been going on for some time and has been dismissed along the way due to extra commissions, bad value and above all, poor selection in the 1st place. i'm no football trader, but given that the markets are so efficient, i can't see an insurance bet paying off long term. i appreciate that it may be only the odd time, but i think you just take that as a business expense and move on.
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:47 am
i think the insurance bet conundrum has been going on for some time and has been dismissed along the way due to extra commissions, bad value and above all, poor selection in the 1st place. i'm no football trader, but given that the markets are so efficient, i can't see an insurance bet paying off long term. i appreciate that it may be only the odd time, but i think you just take that as a business expense and move on.
The OP's very vague about what he wants. I'm not entirely sure what is meant by 'insurance bet'. Is it a bet that lets you win in all or certain circumstances, gives you a profit, wins back your losses or cushions your losses?

I used to be dismissive of insurance bets, but after a frustrating run of 0-0 draws when the under 0.5 market was 20+, sometimes 40+, I couldn't help experimenting with a small bet on under 0.5 or 1.5. For me, the purpose of an insurance bet is to open up extra options. I sometimes lay under 2.5 and scalp to reduce the liability, but I still have a liability if the goals don't come in. Barring a goal 5-10 minutes from the finish, my insurance pot that I can close or cash out at least reduces and sometimes wipes out my losses.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:45 pm
jimibt wrote:
I sometimes lay under 2.5 and scalp to reduce the liability, but I still have a liability if the goals don't come in.
i'd say that that isn't insurance, that is trading in the purest sense and definitely an approach i support..
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:
jimibt wrote:
I sometimes lay under 2.5 and scalp to reduce the liability, but I still have a liability if the goals don't come in.
i'd say that that isn't insurance, that is trading in the purest sense and definitely an approach i support..
The bet that I called an insurance bet was the under 0.5 bet or free bet, that gets more valuable as the under 2.5 lay loses value.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:09 pm
jimibt wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:

The bet that I called an insurance bet was the under 0.5 bet or free bet, that gets more valuable as the under 2.5 lay loses value.
gotcha... skim read and missed that... so both are placed at the same time then, rather than as a rescue package later in the piece

Return to “Football trading”