Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:03 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:12 am
greenmark wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:11 pm
Having seen the replays Nunez was naive and Anderson exploited that.
Had I been Nunez and been bullied like that I would have reacted too.
Sadly for us (LFC) that's 3 games without an important player. That's potentially a lot of glory and money dropped, right there!
Could even get a 5 match ban when it gets reviewed again.

Nunez will also be targetted all season now to get him to "lose his head" and get booked or sent off again.
Yep, certainly going to be a test of his character isn't it? And also Klopp's ability to set him straight and support him through it.
Yeah he needs to learn from it and hopefully it doesn't cost us too many points but in a strange kind of way I don't mind it too much. Nice to have a player with a bit of steel for a change. Liverpool and City are always at or near the top of the fair play table which is why Klopp and Guardiola moaned so much about the treatment from Atletico in the past few seasons but I think they should just man up (oh sorry we're not allowed say that anymore) and give it back to the opposition when its needed. Maybe not a loaf in the mush though! :D

Andersen receiving death threats online after last night. I know its online and these people would wet themselves if they had to confront their own shadow but makes you wonder what goes through somebody's head to even type that kind of stuff out.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:34 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:03 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:12 am

Could even get a 5 match ban when it gets reviewed again.

Nunez will also be targetted all season now to get him to "lose his head" and get booked or sent off again.
Yep, certainly going to be a test of his character isn't it? And also Klopp's ability to set him straight and support him through it.
Yeah he needs to learn from it and hopefully it doesn't cost us too many points but in a strange kind of way I don't mind it too much. Nice to have a player with a bit of steel for a change. Liverpool and City are always at or near the top of the fair play table which is why Klopp and Guardiola moaned so much about the treatment from Atletico in the past few seasons but I think they should just man up (oh sorry we're not allowed say that anymore) and give it back to the opposition when its needed. Maybe not a loaf in the mush though! :D

Andersen receiving death threats online after last night. I know its online and these people would wet themselves if they had to confront their own shadow but makes you wonder what goes through somebody's head to even type that kind of stuff out.
:lol: channeling your inner Souness I see. He does blurt stuff out, but I forgive him it all because of his enforcer role for LFC. If the opposition roughed an LFC up Souness would seek retribution more crudely than Keane or Viera but not as crudely as, say, Chopper Harris, Norman "Bite yer legs" Hunter and that other LFC hardman Tommy Smith (Shankly's ""Tommy Smith wasn't born, he was quarried" is one my favourite quotes).

And the death threat thing is feeble isn't it? The hope is that they are identified and informed of the law. I guess you can't have the pro's of the internet/social media without the con's. But it ain't going away so it should be policed exactly like the non-virtual world.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:18 pm

:lol: channeling your inner Souness I see. He does blurt stuff out, but I forgive him it all because of his enforcer role for LFC. If the opposition roughed an LFC up Souness would seek retribution more crudely than Keane or Viera but not as crudely as, say, Chopper Harris, Norman "Bite yer legs" Hunter and that other LFC hardman Tommy Smith (Shankly's ""Tommy Smith wasn't born, he was quarried" is one my favourite quotes).

And the death threat thing is feeble isn't it? The hope is that they are identified and informed of the law. I guess you can't have the pro's of the internet/social media without the con's. But it ain't going away so it should be policed exactly like the non-virtual world.
My take on Souness is that he's well past his sell by date as a pundit but to be criticised for saying what he did is ridiculous. Football is for everyone especially with the growth of womens football but there is obviously a difference between the mens and womens game, and he was talking about something specific to the mens game.

The only reason this made any headlines is because there was a female pundit beside him. If she wasn't there nobody would have batted an eyelid so it doesn't seem to be what he said that's the problem but who was around when he said it.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:04 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:18 pm

My take on Souness is that he's well past his sell by date as a pundit but to be criticised for saying what he did is ridiculous. Football is for everyone especially with the growth of womens football but there is obviously a difference between the mens and womens game, and he was talking about something specific to the mens game.

The only reason this made any headlines is because there was a female pundit beside him. If she wasn't there nobody would have batted an eyelid so it doesn't seem to be what he said that's the problem but who was around when he said it.
You may be right about Souness's dated opinions.
I remember there was a spate of bad injuries due to reckless tackling. Quite a few years ago now. Eg Shawcross and Ramsey, Taylor and Eduardo. I don't want to go back to that.
The game now is about technique and athleticism, to return to a "man's game" would be regression.
I may forgive Souness but I don't actually agree with him. It does seem that ref's are allowing the game to flow more. But this does mean teams will decide that they need to be more forceful to stop their opponent and that could escalate.
LeTiss

It's astonishing how many bots are playing the markets these days

I've been playing against them today......as soon as I drop a £1000 liability into the West Brom v Cardiff match odds......the market instantaneously reacts

It just shows.....if you're a manual trader with a decent bank, it's so easy to totally manipulate the market these days
Bots are very easily triggered by WOM and and the slightest indication of prices moving
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:48 pm

I've been playing against them today......as soon as I drop a £1000 liability into the West Brom v Cardiff match odds......the market instantaneously reacts

It just shows.....if you're a manual trader with a decent bank, it's so easy to totally manipulate the market these days
Bots are very easily triggered by WOM and and the slightest indication of prices moving
When I'm trading manually I have automation to pull all my back bets on the o/u if others do, and there are many false alarms for that very reason. I usually have to disable it for the lighter markets.
wearthefoxhat

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:48 pm

I've noticed it in some markets, mainly horse racing ones, when you fill a gap with an order manually, then a bot quickly adds to it.

I can see how easy that would be to manipulate. (if i so desired)
Trader Pat

I love it when football coaches call out crap pundits :lol:

https://t.co/L9pIpgBIjJ
greenmark

How things change.
MUFC contemplating paying £59m for a 30 year old Casemiro. They used to be retired or on the verge of it at that age. He must be some player.
Crumpets

I heard they were willing to double his wage too. United continuing to throw money a the problem...Great offer from the player's POV, though
greenmark

I think the Glazers should do the decent thing and sell to Ratcliffe. He's perfect. Has other sports interests, is loaded and is a MUFC fan. The Glazers have had their bonus using other people's money, have (by all accounts) let Old Trafford crumble and would stand to make a nice profit on the sale. Just sod off and wreck some other club. As an LFC fan I guess I should plead for them to stay, but it's been a sad episode in Utd's history.
But also Utd's recent history makes SAF look like an absolute genius.
He was under the Glazers for 8 years but won stuff.
He retires and (by his standards) it all goes tits up, with the exception of Mourhino (perhaps).
But he didn't play the MUFC way :roll: .
Derek27

Brazilian Ronaldo's watching the Spurs match. He looks almost as chubby as when he played in the world cup final against France. :lol:
wearthefoxhat

Where are you in the First Half?

WhereRU.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

There you go.. "Game of two halves"

2ndHalf.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I've traded bum matches with more liquidity than Leicester v Southampton!

Return to “Football trading”