Qatar 🇶🇦 World 🌍 Cup 2022

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dublin_Flyer

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:37 pm

FIFA has threatened sanctions to anyone wearing the armband but refused to say what or to what severity, so an after-match yellow card would be a real risk that most teams won't want to take. But I agree, smart move my the Germans and the German minister. That FIFA president must feel a right tit. :lol:
After match interviews with Managers or players wearing rainbow bucket-hats and armbands would be a nice FUCK YOU to FIFA I think.

If FIFA can turn the tables so close to kick off, then ergo so can the BBC or ITV and other TV rights companies if they had the balls. Get Eddie Izzard or David Walliams and Matt Lucas out interviewing the players while dressed as Victorian gents. Sure as fuck it'd be more entertaining than listening to Shearer and Lineker sit on the fence before they even got asked for an opinion.
Dublin_Flyer

Gonna make my added time time-out and leave this route for a few days. The 2022 WC started in the worst way imaginable for me:
https://rip.ie/death-notice/niamh-bolge ... lin/515092
I lost my eldest sister on the opening day.

Niamh is pronounced Neeve btw, and she was Niamh Hall in her published books and editorials of books, which range between 18 written to mentions in 40+ covering all ranges of copyright, trademark, and intellectual property. If there's a book on it, she wrote it, edited it, or double checked it before it went to the printers!

Apologies for the obituary in a WC thread, this time is how I'll always remember this WC though.
Derek27

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:47 am
Gonna make my added time time-out and leave this route for a few days. The 2022 WC started in the worst way imaginable for me:

Niamh is pronounced Neeve btw, and she was Niamh Hall in her published books and editorials of books, which range between 18 written to mentions in 40+ covering all ranges of copyright, trademark, and intellectual property. If there's a book on it, she wrote it, edited it, or double checked it before it went to the printers!

Apologies for the obituary in a WC thread, this time is how I'll always remember this WC though.
Really sorry to hear that Dublin_Flyer.
sniffer66

Dublin_Flyer wrote:

Sad news DF, condolences from me.
Archangel

Dublin_Flyer wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I grew up in Ranelagh myself
greenmark

Dublin_Flyer wrote:

I don't think you need to apologise for that chief.
Anyone that has lost someone they're close to will understand completely.
I lost my Mum 2 weeks before Englands 5-1 win over Germany and watched it in a pub surrounded by fans going nuts and though I didn't resent their joy, it all felt really quite trivial by comparison.

Sincere condolences.
Euler

Dublin_Flyer wrote:

Sorry to hear that
Euler

ESPN wrote:FIFA recorded ZERO shots on target during Uruguay vs. South Korea.

The first time that's happened in a World Cup game this century
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:38 pm
ESPN wrote:FIFA recorded ZERO shots on target during Uruguay vs. South Korea.

The first time that's happened in a World Cup game this century
That match will be some relief to Costa Rica :)
Derek27

That Brazilian forward should have kicked the goalie's hand before he could touch the ball, and then hit the deck. :)
Derek27

Southgate says the team won't be doing anything else to protest against Qatar. What Germany did should be surpassed. FIFA and Qatar need to be utterly embarrassed and humiliated on a match-by-match basis. Especially with Saudi Arabia expressing an interest in both, Manchester United and hosting a World Cup!
sionascaig

Reports that the FIFA sanction for wearing an armband was unspecified.. Could have been a booking (before they even get to the pitch) so you wouldn't see the protest , or a complete ban for x days.
Archangel

I am sure teams could find creative ways to protest if they really wanted to.
Germany was one example. I don't believe they got sanctioned for it ?
Euler

No interest in the Wales match less than £2.5m matched.
Derek27

Is the VAR ref a woman?

Return to “Football trading”