Is someone cheating?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
numberzero

Greetings

Yesterday I got into trouble. Didn't lose much , nearly 150£ but the situation was interesting.Sometimes I place orders on small markets in the hope that someone will buy a lower price.And I was punished in one of those markets.

It was a CONCACAF league match Cuba-Guadeloupe .The market was " Half time" .I set prices towards the end of the half , 20£ laying home and guest teams and 30£ back on a draw. The lay was 8 and the back was 1.23 . It was very unprofitable for those who matched these bets because it was 44-45 minutes of the time.And someone matched all the bets in the 46th minute and at the beginning of the 47th minute home team scored .Even a losing bet on the guests, probably in a hurry to catch up before the suspension of the market

Support response was "" The bet was placed before the goal was scored. He placed the bet in the 45th minute of the match and the goal was scored in the 45+2 minute." My opinion is that they didn't understand the situation, because it is obvious that he could not bet in the 45 minute, since the last bet was placed by me in the 46 minute.

Do you think it was a bet after the goal or not?Have you been in such a situation? It's obvious to me that someone knew about the goal that's why he matched bets.Because such non-valuable prices are almost never taken in full. But I can't prove it to bf.
ShaunWhite

"the last bet was placed by me at 46 minute."
"And someone matched all the bets on the 46th minute and at the beginning of the 47th minute home team scored "

"It was very unprofitable for those who matched these bets because it was 44-45 minutes of the time"

Whoever took your offers didn't think it was poor value, or it was just someone having a small punt and getting lucky. I can't see much wrong, you made an offer, people took it, and then there was a goal?

What's the delay on your video feed of the game?
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
numberzero

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:09 am
"the last bet was placed by me at 46 minute."
"And someone matched all the bets on the 46th minute and at the beginning of the 47th minute home team scored "

"It was very unprofitable for those who matched these bets because it was 44-45 minutes of the time"

Whoever took your offers didn't think it was poor value, or it was just someone having a small punt and getting lucky. I can't see much wrong, you made an offer, someone took it, and then there was a goal?

What's the delay on your video feed of the game?
I trade a lot of markets and do not watch matches. I hope for a reliable suspension of the markets, but apparently it is impossible to hope for this .

I don't think it's the opponent's luck as 95% of these bets just don't match, and the rest only partially match. Here someone bet an absolutely unprofitable price 2 minutes before the end of the added time and took it all.

Do you really think that he is lucky winner?)) The real price to win in a half at that moment was higher than 20, but not the 8 that I offered.
ShaunWhite

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:16 am
I don't think it's the opponent's luck
Sound like they were lucky this time, maybe they were watching the match or at the match and could see a goal was likely. You say yourself you don't watch them so don't know what's happening.

Derek trades the Latino footy with pics, I'm sure he'll have some advice especially about your "I hope for a reliable suspension of the markets"
ShaunWhite

numberzero wrote:
Do you really think that he is lucky winner?)) The real price to win in a half at that moment was higher than 20, but not the 8 that I offered.
There's lots of punters who don't know what they're doing, which is good. As long as the bet was matched before the goal, and you say it is, then it's not cheating. It does sound like they knew what you were doing though, they've got your money.
numberzero

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:23 am
numberzero wrote:
I don't think it's the opponent's luck
Sound like they were lucky this time, maybe they were watching the match or at the match and could see a goal was likely. You say yourself you don't watch them so don't know what's happening.

Derek trades the Latino fooy with pics, I'm sure he'll have some advice especially about your "I hope for a reliable suspension of the markets"
Agree that it is strange that the amounts matched completely that almost never happens on such a small market, and at the same time they scored a goal in the first half for the remaining 2! minutes , and scored immediately as the bets were settled.

I checked the recording of the game, the goal was scored from a cross,. I was hoping that there would be a dangerous free kick or a 3 in 1 counterattack, then it would not be so offensive)) , but it was just a cross a nd it is impossible to predict that there will be a goal, so i think there was a slight delay in the suspension of the market
numberzero

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:30 am
numberzero wrote:
There's lots of punters who don't know what they're doing, which is good. As long as the bet was matched before the goal, and you say it is, then it's not cheating. It does sound like they knew what you were doing though, they've got your money.
Yes, but not in such a small market where the bets always partially match and matched rarely. 3 outcomes never match at once.I trade these markets for more than 1 day and I know what I'm talking about ;) And immediately scored a goal, do you believe in such coincidences?

I think that there was a delay in broadcastin including the video provider, and someone took advantage of this.The match was in Cuba, this is a country with poor development and this is possible
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:36 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
numberzero wrote:
Yes, but not in such a small market where the bets always partially match and matched rarely. 3 outcomes never match at once.I trade these markets for more than 1 day and I know what I'm talking about ;) And immediately scored a goal, do you believe in such coincidences?

I think that there was a delay in broadcastin including the video provider, and someone took advantage of this.The match was in Cuba, this is a country with poor development and this is possible
If somebody's watching the match and you're not, obviously they've got an advantage. It shouldn't be surprising that they've got your money, and there's nothing stopping you from watching a match if you want. When you placed your bet you're basically saying to everybody in the market, "come and take my money if you think there will be a goal". And now you're complaining a goal was scored - that's betting!

Do you use fill or kill? It's quite risky placing a bet in a live match and leaving it, it's a sitting duck if a goal's scored. You can't rely totally on the match getting suspended in time, sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.

Do you really think it's a coincidence when a goal's scored immediately after placing a bet? Happens all the time. I'm constantly placing bets, sometimes I've backed under just before a goal's scored, sometimes I've laid, it works both ways.

You really need to drop the idea that you're being cheated every time you lose money, it's totally the wrong attitude for betting or trading.
numberzero

To be honest I have a conspiracy point of view
In recent days I have been making good money by winning a little on many markets and the exchange itself decided that I need to return something . The point here is not the amount of loss, but the fact that now I can’t be sure that I won’t be deceived like that again.
I think so because in the first place they took 3 outcomes with one keystroke on such a small market that never happened before, it was necessary to have a blank in order to match the bets so fast. Secondly there was a goal right away and I could not get out without a loss.
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:00 am
In recent days I have been making good money by winning a little on many markets and the exchange itself decided that I need to return something . The point here is not the amount of loss, but the fact that now I can’t be sure that I won’t be deceived like that again.
I think so because in the first place they took 3 outcomes with one keystroke on such a small market that never happened before, it was necessary to have a blank in order to match the bets so fast. Secondly there was a goal right away and I could not get out without a loss.
I'm not sure you've got the mental attitude for trading, and you're not likely to learn much as you ignore good advice.

You weren't deceived, you placed a bet and lost. You seem to think only you're allowed to win and if others win they're cheating.

The three bets could have been cross-matching or it could have been a bot that saw value. It could even have been a bot that detected a goal from bets being cancelled or WOM collapsing.

You said in your OP the goal was scored in the following minute, not right away. I'm sorry, but if it shocks you when a goal is scored in a football match I'd suggest you give up trading and stop watching football!
numberzero

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:57 am
numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:36 am
ShaunWhite wrote:

If somebody's watching the match and you're not, obviously they've got an advantage. It shouldn't be surprising that they've got your money, and there's nothing stopping you from watching a match if you want. When you placed your bet you're basically saying to everybody in the market, "come and take my money if you think there will be a goal". And now you're complaining a goal was scored - that's betting!

Do you use fill or kill? It's quite risky placing a bet in a live match and leaving it, it's a sitting duck if a goal's scored. You can't rely totally on the match getting suspended in time, sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.

Do you really think it's a coincidence when a goal's scored immediately after placing a bet? Happens all the time. I'm constantly placing bets, sometimes I've backed under just before a goal's scored, sometimes I've laid, it works both ways.

You really need to drop the idea that you're being cheated every time you lose money, it's totally the wrong attitude for betting or trading.
You are right in general. I don't think that anyone is cheating when I lose honestly. But it is immediately obvious that the market is very unpopular, it is almost unbelievable that someone will wait for a goal in the Half Time market of the unpopular match 3 minutes before the end of stoppage time. Since it is very unlikely that a goal will be scored and it is unlikely that it will be possible to bet in time before the suspense knowing about the goal
My opinion is that they simply did not want to deal with such a trifle, probably this is not an unique case but this happens quite often
numberzero

The goal was probably scored immediately, I didn't see it as I was trading several markets but it was scored very quickly .I don't see this as a problem if the market suspends in time as I am putting in very large values to my advantage.
The real price to win was over 20 at the time, my lay Cuba And lay Guadelupe was 8 each .If you're trading football then you know thats big value for me. And you know that it is almost never matched al 20 pounds at such small market, and both outcomes.Someone took it all ,and even 1.23 back on a draw. And immediately score a goal. If it's not obvious to you that this is a cheater then I don't understand

You say that you can't hope for a suspension .But according to the rules if there is no suspension then bets after the goal are void

I think this situation is not the first time in matches taking place in third world countries and support always answers as a standard that bets are made correctly. Because it takes a very long time to find out everything and it’s not a fact that it will be possible to accurately compare the time of bets, the exact time of the goal and the time of suspension.
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:10 am
You are right in general. I don't think that anyone is cheating when I lose honestly. But it is immediately obvious that the market is very unpopular, it is almost unbelievable that someone will wait for a goal in the Half Time market of the unpopular match 3 minutes before the end of stoppage time. Since it is very unlikely that a goal will be scored and it is unlikely that it will be possible to bet in time before the suspense knowing about the goal
My opinion is that they simply did not want to deal with such a trifle, probably this is not an unique case but this happens quite often
I don't see anything unlikely about a goal being scored in a football match at any minute. I've been trading long enough to realise anything can happen in sport. Someone may not have placed the bet, it could have been a bot. And it wasn't waiting for a goal, it just saw your price and took it. That's exactly what you do when you place a bet. Think of the times you've won, the other guy might think "how likely was that" or feel that you're cheating him and knew what was going to happen!
ShaunWhite

If you don't like the look of something then just don't do it. You'd made you're mind up about it being a fix when you created the post because after lots of reasonable explainations you're still saying things like "the exchange itself decided that I need to return something" instead of trying to learn from it.

Or maybe the South American cartels who cheat and fix and run the game are tired of you taking their money and decided that as you put it "need to return something"? :shock: I'd be worried if I was you.
napshnap

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:00 am
I'm in a "foil hats'" club myself, but big NO, bf doesnt cheat on you or anybody, bf just takes pc and pc2 8-) .

Return to “Football trading”