Is someone cheating?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Michael5482

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:51 am
Greetings

Yesterday I got into trouble. Didn't lose much , nearly 150£ but the situation was interesting.Sometimes I place orders on small markets in the hope that someone will buy a lower price.And I was punished in one of those markets.

It was a CONCACAF league match Cuba-Guadeloupe .The market was " Half time" .I set prices towards the end of the half , 20£ laying home and guest teams and 30£ back on a draw. The lay was 8 and the back was 1.23 . It was very unprofitable for those who matched these bets because it was 44-45 minutes of the time.And someone matched all the bets in the 46th minute and at the beginning of the 47th minute home team scored .Even a losing bet on the guests, probably in a hurry to catch up before the suspension of the market

Support response was "" The bet was placed before the goal was scored. He placed the bet in the 45th minute of the match and the goal was scored in the 45+2 minute." My opinion is that they didn't understand the situation, because it is obvious that he could not bet in the 45 minute, since the last bet was placed by me in the 46 minute.

Do you think it was a bet after the goal or not?Have you been in such a situation? It's obvious to me that someone knew about the goal that's why he matched bets.Because such non-valuable prices are almost never taken in full. But I can't prove it to bf.
It depends on what you deem after the goal, how long was the delay of your source for watching the game? It also depends on how fast the market suspends in real time sometimes there a bit slow to suspend by a second or two, your bets could have been taken by someone at the ground who's just simply anticipated the goal.
numberzero

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:59 am

I don't see anything unlikely about a goal being scored in a football match at any minute. I've been trading long enough to realise anything can happen in sport. Someone may not have placed the bet, it could have been a bot. And it wasn't waiting for a goal, it just saw your price and took it. That's exactly what you do when you place a bet. Think of the times you've won, the other guy might think "how likely was that" or feel that you're cheating him and knew what was going to happen!
Are you understand one thing?

The real price on the market half time in the moment was 18- 18- 1.07 (w1 -w2 -draw) My price was 8-8-1.23
Answer the question how often will someone match such non-valueble bets on all outcomes at the same time? Make such requests on 2-5-10-100-1000 small markets. I am almost sure that they will never fully matched in one monent, one of the outcomes is perhaps but not for the full amount. Only can be fully matched if someone knows that the goal was scored.
If you trade football (as the person above said), then it should be obvious to you that something is not clean here. And you don’t need to say general phrases about the psychology of trading, we are considering a specific case.
Last edited by numberzero on Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

The 'live' feeds from most minor league matches around the world a relayed by a poorly paid scout at a match. They sit there and manually report the activity via a phone to a third party that sends that information to Betfair for a fee. So there is no way to know what happened and when other than that scout.

This is why I don't trade minor leagues.
numberzero

Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:20 am

sometimes there a bit slow to suspend by a second or two, your bets could have been taken by someone at the ground who's just simply anticipated the goal.
Yes I think you are right. But in this case there should be a refund of the bet. And the support simply does not want to understand and standardly answers that the goal was scored correctly. There were also dubious cases with the after-goal and the answer was the same. But then it was not as obvious as now when all bets were matched on the small market a couple of seconds before the goal
II concluded that the one who made the bet knew about the goal but did everything very well, matched the bets second by second before goal and the exchange did not void them.
numberzero

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:11 am
The 'live' feeds from most minor league matches around the world a relayed by a poorly paid scout at a match. They sit there and manually report the activity via a phone to a third party that sends that information to Betfair for a fee. So there is no way to know what happened and when other than that scout.

This is why I don't trade minor leagues.
I think the same. It's possible that even the poorly paid scout bets himself (or his people) before the goal

Question is how to force BF to look into this issue. As I understand it in such cases they do not want to understand because it is difficult to find out,to compare the exact time of the goal and the exact time of suspension. . And they usually report, for example, that the bet was matched at 45:05 and the goal was scored at 45:15 and you cannot prove the opposite.

I think you are adequate and understand that most likely there was a bet after the goal ;)
Euler

They won't look into it. Terms and conditions assume you take the risk and acknowledge the risks.

They will just throw this at you and won't take it any futher.
numberzero

Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:37 am
They won't look into it. Terms and conditions assume you take the risk and acknowledge the risks.

Clear. Bf itself is to blame for the fact that the markets have become illiquid, since for example, I will no longer trade such small markets like "Half Time" There is a very liitle income from one such market but a chance to loose a lot at once cause of a bet after goal.
Bubace

I've lost count the amount of times I've seen Betfair slow to suspend markets and whole ladders get wiped out by snipers after a goal, was very prevalent during Covid when there were empty stadia, and small markets in South American football are always dodgy, even with the fastest streams that you can buy, you can still get caught, but to not be watching and just leaving your money sitting there no matter what value you think you're getting is extremely foolish
numberzero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMkwKrAez2U
I watched youtube video of the match again and noticed that the last minute before the goal the guests played strangely (45+ min).
First, the defender with dreadlocks gave a pass to the opponent, then the guests took the ball away and again the defender knocked down on the opponent, and when the home team shoot no one held the attacker. Although it was still necessary to shoot like that ..
Could there be an agreement that a goal will be scored or is it my paranoia? :mrgreen:
Last edited by numberzero on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bubace

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:06 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:37 am

Clear. Bf itself is to blame for the fact that the markets have become illiquid, since for example, I will no longer trade such small markets like "Half Time" There is a very liitle income from one such market but a chance to loose a lot at once cause of a bet after goal.
now what betfair do do which is Dodgy and breaks their own terms and conditions is they suspend large markets like Bundesliga when there is a dangerous attack which they shouldn't do, to protect their own traders and bots and stop you cancelling bets
numberzero

Bubace wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:23 pm

now what betfair do do which is Dodgy and breaks their own terms and conditions is they suspend large markets like Bundesliga when there is a dangerous attack which they shouldn't do, to protect their own traders and bots and stop you cancelling bets
This can be understood because when there is a 3-in-1 counterattack at the end of the match, then people who watch the fast feed can get an advantage and essentially bet on a sure goal. I consider such suspensions justified.

But when someone obviously matches the entire amount and teams immediately score a goal, at least such bets must be carefully checked for sure this player who matched the bet did this before. But BF is too lazy
Michael5482

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:19 am
Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:20 am

sometimes there a bit slow to suspend by a second or two, your bets could have been taken by someone at the ground who's just simply anticipated the goal.
Yes I think you are right. But in this case there should be a refund of the bet. And the support simply does not want to understand and standardly answers that the goal was scored correctly. There were also dubious cases with the after-goal and the answer was the same. But then it was not as obvious as now when all bets were matched on the small market a couple of seconds before the goal
II concluded that the one who made the bet knew about the goal but did everything very well, matched the bets second by second before goal and the exchange did not void them.
I can't see a case for Betfair to refund anything tbh I think your reading far to much into it, you've offered bets to the market and someone has took them. You've lost to someone with faster information, take it on the chin and move on.
numberzero

napshnap wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:32 am

I'm in a "foil hats'" club myself, but big NO, bf doesnt cheat on you or anybody, bf just takes pc and pc2 8-) .

Why do I think so? We know that betfar likes to confiscate money, to close accounts for various violations. It would seem they can carefully check this player who made a bet and confiscate the balance. Everything is simple and the cheater will not have the desire to register again. But no. Or maybe because BF bets himself and thats why does not want to check the bets?
numberzero

Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:34 pm

I can't see a case for Betfair to refund anything tbh I think your reading far to much into it, you've offered bets to the market and someone has took them. You've lost to someone with faster information, take it on the chin and move on.

You must understand that this is a road to nowhere. Fast feed bettors or match scouts themselves will constantly bet and win money from those who simply trade prices. In the end the latter will leave the exchange realizing the futility of the situation.You probably understand that the one who bet knew about the goal and you think that it's fair
Fortunately, such bets are still rare but even 1-2 such cases can seriously hit the bettor's bank
numberzero

And also for Derek and people like that. I win thanks to the work making a lot of bets and spending personal time. I trade honestly. Here some creature won because he had information about the goal before the rest and cheated.

Will you be pleased if fo example at the Manchester United-Liverpool match someone will also bet after the goal at the prices that were before the goal?
I think not or maybe there are those who bet themselves in the hope of catching a goal in a second, then it’s understandable

Return to “Football trading”