Is someone cheating?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dallas

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:52 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:49 pm

Just checking when it was and it was at the start of the 2019 season and was tested on a few dozen of the UK matches, not really sure what happened but knowing the speed BF work at when covid halted all football matches 7mths later that probably scuppered it and they since forgot about it
If you remember 10 years ago ,when I first started trading, there were matches in the lower English leagues without suspension. And they were illiquid even then.
I was referring to increased liquidity in the top tier fixtures, matches in lower and obscure leagues have low liquidity because no one is really that interested in them and that would be the same no matter what BF done with their rules - they need to offer crazy incentives like free bets in another market for all losing bets, or if the away team scores first etc
Dallas

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:59 pm
Without a suspension of the market, 98% of the players will lose money and the fastest 2% will win constantly. BF will never do this
If that were the case it would be logical that the same would apply to Tennis markets as well - even more so due to there needing to be a set number of points, games and sets won, whereas a football match can end 0-0 or as in the case of most matches with less than 2 goals in total, but tennis markets function even better than football markets imo and the fastest 2% aren't hovering up all the money
numberzero

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:06 pm

If that were the case it would be logical that the same would apply to Tennis markets as well - even more so due to there needing to be a set number of points, games and sets won, whereas a football match can end 0-0 or as in the case of most matches with less than 2 goals in total, but tennis markets function even better than football markets imo and the fastest 2% aren't hovering up all the money
I think you understand that one point does not decide the match in tennis , but in football one goal decide
Dallas

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:10 pm
Dallas wrote:

I think you understand that one point does not decide the match in tennis , but in football one goal decide
May decide, if neither teams scores before it or again after it
Derek27

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:10 pm
Dallas wrote:

It doesn't need to "decide" the match when you're trading. One set point that falls by the wayside can lose the game, then you can trade out for a decent profit.
Anbell

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:20 pm

Could there be an agreement that a goal will be scored or is it my paranoia? :mrgreen:
I think this is about the fifth time you've started a new post claiming that someone is stealing your money, so probably paranoia
Tuco

numberzero wrote:
Without a suspension of the market, 98% of the players will lose money and the fastest 2% will win constantly. BF will never do this
Hi Zilch - I wish they would!
ShaunWhite

Tuco wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:32 am
numberzero wrote:
Hi Zilch - I wish they would!
"Zilch"?...what does he mean "Zilch"?...ahhhh.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That penny dropped very very slowly but made a big splash ;)
BFDon

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:37 pm
BFDon wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:28 pm
Unless you can prove the exact time of the goal and the time your bet was matched what do you expect betfair to do? Perhaps it was a misclick, you say they matched your lay bet on both teams?

It's the risk you take trading these markets. Presumably if you're laying at 8 about something that is 18+ you're hoping someone makes a mistake so your bet gets matched?

How can I compare all this? I know the time of the goal based on the broadcast, the time of the matching of the bet is not indicated on the exchange, the time of the suspension is also unknown to me second by second. And even if everything was known, I would not prove anything to them because they answered me that everything is OK
But it is clear that the bet was smart.
With difficulty but under 'Betting Activity....Betting History.....Settled bets' you can see when you placed the bet. Get the ID of the bet and ask betfair the for exact time the bet was submitted and the time is was matched, without more info no-one can help you

The bet wasn't that 'smart' if they also backed the team and matched your lay bet on the team that conceded the goal
Kai

A few points to note
numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:57 pm
we have been talking here for half a day and you still do not understand
1. You said this at page 3, it's now approaching page 7....... If you used all that time for trading instead of complaining to Derek you would probably already get your money back (maybe more)

2. If you had that Cuban feed yourself you would sweep leftover stakes yourself (then probably complain to Derek and BF when someone is faster)

3. Yes, market making strategies are honest work and "cheating" or shoddy BF service can be upsetting when you're not fairly compensated for your services. Yes, speed merchants are the bane of your existence as an inplay market maker. Yes, when market making in dodgy markets the BF service itself is the bane of your existence.

4. Opening 3 big negative conspiracy threads suggests a negative outlook overall, I would personally find that very concerning
Kai

numberzero wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:38 pm
Do you think that the support did not want to find out my case because the market was illiquid and no one except me was deceived ?
No, I suspect if BF ever found the person that bought the plane ticket to Cuba to trade this match they would probably congratulate him

And honestly maybe that would be my reaction as well, if it happened to me

sionascaig

Was able to back the new leader of the snp 90 secs after result announced on BBC.

There was new back money still appearing in the market after the official announcement. I think it took BF at least 3 mins to suspend market.

You really cant rely on someone else suspending a market for you, its a best endeavours basis.
Bubace

Dallas wrote:
numberzero wrote:
in fairness when the actual points are inplay in tennis the ladders are pretty empty with most of the money matched inbetween points and games etc, so doesnt give a massive advantage to the fastest
Anbell

sionascaig wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:01 am
Was able to back the new leader of the snp 90 secs after result announced on BBC.
Thief. Vagabond. Scoundrel. May your account be confiscated and the proceeds distributed to others in a fair, just, and equitable manner.
Kai

Speaking of actual thieves... someone just msged me off forum to say their BF account was hacked. The thieving hacker backed some 1.01 stuff and then cleaned out their account, now they're waiting on support to retrieve the acc, not sure about the money. They did not use 2 step auth or know about it.

Maybe should do a new thread PSA but for all those that still don't have 2 step auth, please get it asap : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x76Zet62Is

Return to “Football trading”