Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kafkaesque

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:36 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:35 pm
If anyone's got football automations running, heads up. Whoever's got the finger on the trigger at BF has been drinking. Parma-Atalanta just started and has been suspended. Inter-Napoli due to start in about two hours has been put inplay instead :roll:
I wondered why the Parma game was suspended and not in play, Betfair seem to be run by clowns these days. 7 minutes in and the Inter game still left in play :roll:
Drinkring AND doing drugs it would seem :roll: Big chance in Parma - Atalanta. The Inter match was duely suspended, and then put back inplay :shock:
deestar

Kafkaesque wrote:
If anyone's got football automations running, heads up. Whoever's got the finger on the trigger at BF has been drinking. Parma-Atalanta just started and has been suspended. Inter-Napoli due to start in about two hours has been put inplay instead :roll:
The incompetence is staggering.
ShaunWhite

deestar wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:46 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Would be interesting to know what % of customers this affected, probably very low. It won't bother straight punters much, it won't bother traders who don't do football, or those who trade football but don't do games like this. Even here I don't suppose it's affect that many. Staggering incompetence really only applies to things that were staggeringly important to start with.

I'm not defending it, just working out of it's incompetence or just that it's not a big priority in the first place. Maybe the staff involved were averting a bigger problem that kept more clients happy, that would be staggering competence? And not enough staff on call for simultaneous problems would be just how most places are, even banks. It's not good but it's never really possible to know what's happened and why.
deestar

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:36 am
deestar wrote:
Kafkaesque wrote:
Would be interesting to know what % of customers this affected, probably very low. It won't bother straight punters much, it won't bother traders who don't do football, or those who trade football but don't do games like this. Even here I don't suppose it's affect that many. Staggering incompetence really only applies to things that were staggeringly important to start with.

I'm not defending it, just working out of it's incompetence or just that it's not a big priority in the first place. Maybe the staff involved were averting a bigger problem that kept more clients happy, that would be staggering competence? And not enough staff on call for simultaneous problems would be just how most places are, even banks. It's not good but it's never really possible to know what's happened and why.
I don't agree with your premise that for something to be staggeringly incompetent it needs to be important to lots of people. Although I also think you under estimate the number of players in these markets (Italian Serie A). I'd hazard a guess that at that time of day it was in the top 3 of vol traded markets in play. Regardless of the numbers, it strikes me as staggering incompetence that they can completely mix up the two games. The key issue here is that there seems to be no fail safe in their processes regardless of major or minor market. I would have thought that was pretty fundamental to their business model of, you know, offering markets!

In this case they were literally managing the Inter game when there were close chances in the Parma game. And it lasted for a good 15-20 minutes. Anyone with a passing interest in the matches could see the error, it took the exchange c.20 minutes to wake up and correct the problem (at least suspend the Inter match). If I was in charge i'd be pretty embarrassed.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote:
deestar wrote:
Kafkaesque wrote:

What else was going on at the time of the Parma v Atalanta?
It was the market with the highest volume on yesterday's events at the time of kicking off

To suggest it wasn't incompetent because BF had more important things to do is total shite
spreadbetting

ShaunWhite wrote:
[
Turning the wrong market in play to avert a bigger problem! :D I know you want to defend Betfair and keep those freebies coming but you need to give your tongue a break sometimes, Shaun.
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sorry Shaun but I cannot agree that staggering incompetence is dependant upon staggering importance. If I sat an A level exam for VBA Coding I would be shown up as "staggeringly incompetent" but in no way would knowledge of VBA Coding be considered "staggeringly important"! The two are mutually exclusive. To mix the management of two events is clearly a show of incompetence the only question is is it staggeringly so? I believe it is. I was in the financial industry and had to conform initially with FSA 1986 and the evolution of compliance within that industry. If a stockbroker or other provided a service to the low standard Betfair does the Regulators would be down on them like a ton of bricks with a very heavy fine and they would have to quickly implement better systems/markets or be out of business.
Dallas

Scottish football fans allowed back in stadiums from 14th Sept at reduced capacity
LeTiss

:lol: Reduced capacity?

Apart from Celtic and Rangers, that won't make any difference to the rest of the league
LeTiss

Arsenal look good value to me. Chelsea have been nowhere near consistent enough to back at 2.22
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:49 am
Arsenal look good value to me. Chelsea have been nowhere near consistent enough to back at 2.22
I'd be interested to see how much gets matched today.
spreadbetting

Apparently football turnover was up around 20%
wearthefoxhat

Just trying to absorb the betting for next years' Premier League.

PremierLeague20.21.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crazyskier

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:49 am
My thoughts precisely Le Tiss. I was frankly astounded to see I could get on Arsenal at 4s! Their history in the Cup is second to none and even versus Chelsea, so it was really poorly priced IMO. I must confess a little doubt crept in after the poor start and subsequent Chelsea goal, but I didn't panic and managed to get a profit locked in after the wonderful Aubameyang penalty. I guessed he'd score after his double in the semi and also 2.5+ and BTTS. The only disappointment was that Giroud didn't score, costing me £25, but nonetheless a greatpayout for small stakes overall.

CS
Footy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

I'm on Chinese Super League - Henan v Guangzhou

84 mins 1-1, there's a yellow card

All the bookies reopen their markets, BF exchange is suspended for 3 mins until 87th minute

Who's responsible for these ongoing issues. The quality of service is so poor at times

Return to “Football trading”