Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
MemphisFlash

Aston Villa v Man City over 1.5 goals market still open score is 1-1
greenmark

That tackle could end Stones' Man city career. So clumsy.
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:09 pm
That tackle could end Stones' Man city career. So clumsy.

Yeah he can be a bit clumsy and its this that has held back his progression. Although a few pros have said it wasn't a straight red. At 26 and having been under Guardiola for a few seasons you would expect better so this is probably the pinnacle of what he will be in his career now.

On a side issue, it always makes me laugh when I hear ex-pros lambast referee decisions because "they have never played the game and don't understand". Well of course they have never played the game to that level, its why they are referees lol

To solve the problem of a lack of understanding it would help if some of these ex-pros got themselves away from their cosy studios and well paid punditry jobs and passed their local referees courses with their respective FA's and worked their way up the levels.....fat chance of that.
isobelo

Thanks for heads up Ganinu
Kai

isobelo wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:54 pm
Thanks for heads up Ganinu
For his opening post trade??? :?

Might be 5 years late on that one pal :D
Kai

That Newcastle goal should have stood the first time really.
Archery1969

Kai wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:25 pm
+ 1
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Be interesting to see the stats of what the total profit/loss would be this season opposing the top six when they played at home
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:

Like it or not the rules are the rules, next season that will be a goal though.

I can't watch anymore of Liverpool this season, its too nerve racking. Top 4 most likely gone now, I thought if they could beat Newcastle today and even get a point at Utd next week they'd be in a strong position but to have a chance now they HAVE to beat Utd and then probably win three of the remaining four, can't see either scenario happening.

Klopp saying after the game we'll finish in the top 4 if we deserve it. What sort of defeatist BS is that? Klopp more and more resembling a broken man who's out of ideas. Ging to be a long long summer for Liverpool fans and I wouldnt be surprised if Klopp is gone by Christmas and we're back to being a team fighting just to get into the Top 4
Kai

They really have to stop butchering these football rules. And be more competent if they're going to reinvent the game, if you can't celebrate goals properly the game is gone period, everyone is on the same page here including the players and managers.

As for this massive top 4 match coming up later, at this point not even sure I'd want Liverpool to get into top 4, don't know anymore how low the bar is supposed to be but they don't look deserving of the spot nor the luck to get in there.

Just give it to West Ham and Leicester instead and send these sorry mentality monsters of Liverpool down to Europa to experience a cold rainy night in Bucharest. Might even be fun to have a romp through Europa.
Trader Pat

At this rate we'll be lucky to get into the Europa League, could be the new fangled Conference League, imagine the ignominy of that :(

Away days in Malta and Iceland here we come!
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:32 pm
Klopp saying after the game we'll finish in the top 4 if we deserve it. What sort of defeatist BS is that?
He's basically saying if the boys step up to the challenge then they'll get into top 4 and deservedly so, otherwise they don't deserve it, as it should be.

I'm with Klopp on that one, they're not desperately hungry for success and validation anymore, now it's more about sustaining this level.

If it looks like this group can't do that then he'll rebuild in the summer.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:53 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:32 pm
Klopp saying after the game we'll finish in the top 4 if we deserve it. What sort of defeatist BS is that?
He's basically saying if the boys step up to the challenge then they'll get into top 4 and deservedly so, otherwise they don't deserve it, as it should be. Not seen the post match interview yet but he said it a few times already.

I'm with Klopp on that one, they're not desperately hungry for success and validation anymore, now it's more about sustaining this level.

If it looks like this group can't do that then he'll rebuild in the summer.

All the blame can't be laid at the feet of the players Klopp has to take some responsibility. He's insisted on playing with a very high line even though the CB's aren't fast enough to be able to deal with it. How many times were we caught out over the top today?

According to reports today Konate is a done deal but a proper striker to play alongside Salah is needed but I'm not even sure Klopp is the right man to oversee a rebuild anymore. I'm not at the stage of #KloppOut but he needs a lightning start next season especially if we miss out on the Top 4.
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:42 pm
At this rate we'll be lucky to get into the Europa League, could be the new fangled Conference League, imagine the ignominy of that :(

Away days in Malta and Iceland here we come!
Bring back the Intertoto Cup?...
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:35 pm
I'm not at the stage of #KloppOut but he needs a lightning start next season especially if we miss out on the Top 4.
Need to reshuffle the squad for sure, most of these games feel like groundhog day.

Current mood : https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/co ... day_again/

Return to “Football trading”