Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

Dallas wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:03 am
I missed it live myself, literally walked out the room in injury time because of the stress! :x

I tried to cheer myself up afterwards by telling myself its not even 0.01% on the scale of how that those Man City fans must of felt who left the ground in the final minutes of the 11/12 season :D
At least I missed out on the stress then! But try not be an Amy next time Dallas :D

Morbius

Kai wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:03 am
Morbius wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:06 pm
Where's Kai.... Is he hungover????
OMFG I missed the 2nd half because I was looking after my nephews and then I went and spoiled the result for myself, took a moment to process the last goalscorer :lol: :o
Morbius wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:37 pm
I almost cried. I laid the draw going into stoppage time. At last I've got one right. But football.... Bloody hell :D
If you almost cried there then don't watch this version of the goal :D : https://streamable.com/k61aof

You missed the second half :shock:

That's more of a shock than Alisson scoring. Somebody mentioned goal difference what seemed like ages ago and I recall saying how an awful lot has to happen but look at it now :o

The domino's keep falling. You can forget the Barce comeback and Istanbul or even Dortmund. If Liverpool pull this off it will be their greatest ever comeback by miles. It's the combined probabilities of everything that's happened in the other games with Leicester and Chelsea as well. The arsenal goal vs Chelsea and the 4-2 Leicester loss at home to Newcastle and even west ham losing to Everton and then their draw with Brighton.

And now THIS....when you and Pat were "keeping the faith" I must admit I was secretly chuckling but not anymore. That's before you even mention decisions going their way. It's an amazing sequence that I haven't seen since Leicester survived the year before they won the title
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:37 am

That's more of a shock than Alisson scoring. Somebody mentioned goal difference what seemed like ages ago and I recall saying how an awful lot has to happen but look at it now :o

The domino's keep falling. You can forget the Barce comeback and Istanbul or even Dortmund. If Liverpool pull this off it will be their greatest ever comeback by miles. It's the combined probabilities of everything that's happened in the other games with Leicester and Chelsea as well. The arsenal goal vs Chelsea and the 4-2 Leicester loss at home to Newcastle and even west ham losing to Everton and then their draw with Brighton.

And now THIS....when you and Pat were "keeping the faith" I must admit I was secretly chuckling but not anymore. That's before you even mention decisions going their way. It's an amazing sequence that I haven't seen since Leicester survived the year before they won the title
Never boring as a Liverpool fan :D

Yep, of all the games it had to be the one where a goalie scores a hugely important last second winner for the first time in club's history :evil:

How every male supporter feels right now about that beautiful bastard : https://streamable.com/6nd9zj

Not gonna lie, I may be developing a bit of a mancrush meself :mrgreen:

This definitely makes up for all of his goalie blunders this season!
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:01 am
Morbius wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:37 am

Yep, of all the games it had to be the one where a goalie scores a hugely important last second winner for the first time in club's history :evil:

How every male supporter feels right now about that beautiful bastard : https://streamable.com/6nd9zj

Not gonna lie, I may be developing a bit of a mancrush meself :mrgreen:

This definitely makes up for all of his goalie blunders this season!

Apologies for forgetting to tell the forum Lille were great value to lay for the match and the title yesterday. I knew they'd wobble.

As for the man crush... It takes a lot to stir my loins. Remember I was around betting on football in November 1991 when if you'd have gone into a bookies and asked for odds for Denmark to win Euro 92 they would have laughed at you seeing as they hadn't even qualified....and then offered you 16s on the assumption you knew something :lol:
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Not sure I can take much more of it to be honest :D

Will be cheering on any result but Chelsea tomorrow
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:27 pm
Kai wrote:

For me now if Liverpool beat Burnley and Palace they get top 4. Their worst case scenario is if Chelsea beat Leicester but Liverpool would go ahead of Leicester on GD even then with what looks on paper an easier final fixture. But can you predict anything when they came so close to dropping points yesterday against a relegated side. It's amazing what hidden motivators can come from teams that have "nothing" to play for
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:56 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Kai wrote:

For me now if Liverpool beat Burnley and Palace they get top 4. Their worst case scenario is if Chelsea beat Leicester but Liverpool would go ahead of Leicester on GD even then with what looks on paper an easier final fixture. But can you predict anything when they came so close to dropping points yesterday against a relegated side. It's amazing what hidden motivators can come from teams that have "nothing" to play for

Not sure my nerves could take a final day goal difference shoot out!

I only buy in that nothing to play for nonsense if you're up against a team who has literally being playing for nothing most of the season like Crystal Palace. I never expected West Brom to be easy, they were fighting to stay up but now that they're relegated so they could play with a bit more freedom, add to that Allardyce who loves getting one over the big boys. Burnley will have fans back so that's another layer of difficulty, especially for the young centre backs.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:24 pm
Morbius wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:56 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Not sure my nerves could take a final day goal difference shoot out!

I only buy in that nothing to play for nonsense if you're up against a team who has literally being playing for nothing most of the season like Crystal Palace. I never expected West Brom to be easy, they were fighting to stay up but now that they're relegated so they could play with a bit more freedom, add to that Allardyce who loves getting one over the big boys. Burnley will have fans back so that's another layer of difficulty, especially for the young centre backs.

For me Pat there's a big difference between the motivation of say Inter at Juve and say Palace vs Liverpool. When a team accomplishes something big like a league title like Inter, there can be (not always) a psychological comedown and release that's hard to get back up from.

But Palace have been safe for weeks and I once spoke to an ex pro some years ago when he said that even after they'd got to safety that they loved beating a team that was trying to qualify for Europe just to see them squirm and because of how they'd celebrated against them earlier in the season. Liverpool will still have to sweat this even if they make it but your comment on Allardyce Pat.... Its tough to make 11 players do something that they don't buy into for 90m especially when he's probably going anyway
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Kai wrote:
Hang in there Pat :lol: We're halfway there... : https://streamable.com/lj6hag

TRUER LYRICS WERE NEVER WRITTEN :o

Can't stop listening to this on repeat. Please send help!
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:21 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Kai wrote:

I'm trying but I'm having waking nightmares that if the honey monster doesn't grind out a 1-0 at Turf Moor then Roy Hodgson will mastermind a goalless draw at Anfield in his last act as a coach!

Prefer this one by the way :D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1394002266043125764
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:40 pm
Kai wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

I'm trying but I'm having waking nightmares that if the honey monster doesn't grind out a 1-0 at Turf Moor then Roy Hodgson will mastermind a goalless draw at Anfield in his last act as a coach!

Nonsense, This Is The Way : https://streamable.com/ytjrmt

Whoever made this is a flipping wizard, I wish I had his talent!

Btw if we get banned for shitposting it's going to be your fault.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:46 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:40 pm
Kai wrote:

Whoever made this is a flipping wizard, I wish I had his talent!

Mmmmm I'm not sure. I have this horrible image in my head that I won't repeat... Oh sod it I will and it went like this.

"THAT WAS UNSTOPPABLE FROM ZAHA... LIVERPOOL NOW HAVE THREE MINUTES TO FIND A GOAL FROM SOMEWHERE"
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
:lol:

Kai wrote:

You have more posts than me so you really should know better! :D
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:10 pm
Mmmmm I'm not sure. I have this horrible image in my head that I won't repeat... Oh sod it I will and it went like this.

"THAT WAS UNSTOPPABLE FROM ZAHA... LIVERPOOL NOW HAVE THREE MINUTES TO FIND A GOAL FROM SOMEWHERE"

That's the problem, there's so many ways it could go wrong!

Suppose its too much to hope for a couple of 4-0 wins :?:

Return to “Football trading”