Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:08 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:58 pm
On the bright side if you're an England fan I suppose its better it happens here than in a game that matters. Losing 4-0 to Hungary in the Nations League isn't as bad as say losing 4-0 to the US in the World Cup!
We might lose 5-0 to the US. :lol:
Imagine!

People would be screaming for Big Sam! :D
Derek27

Ah, they did mention it on Sky News after all. It was just so brief I didn't notice it. :)
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:58 pm
On the bright side...
Jamaica's gone a goal up on Mexico in 3 minutes. :lol:
SteadySlobbin

Woke Gareth probably uses his training sessions to get them to practice taking the knee rather than practicing set pieces and tactics.
Euler

The problem England will have is that at the highest level sport is about confidence. Lose that and it's really hard to get it back.

So a managers job is easy when flying high, but you earn your money at moments like this. Let's see!
Derek27

SteadySlobbin wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:40 am
Woke Gareth probably uses his training sessions to get them to practice taking the knee rather than practicing set pieces and tactics.
I'd have to agree with him over WAGs. If they want to make football more inclusive to gay footballers they need to drop that term, or change it to WAGABs. :)

I'm not entirely sure how seriously people are taking the UEFA Nations League. Sky News very quiet about England's whopping defeat and there doesn't seem to be much discussion anywhere.
Derek27

Female referee at FC Dallas. :D
Korattt

not trading related but I’ve just learnt this morning I’ve played against an ex professional in a Sunday Morning League game that played against Maradona in an international many moons ago
Derek27

Does anyone know what "ball touch" means on the Betfair match view graphic?
Derek27

With a 9-second delay, by the time you bet hits the market the market's moved 10 ticks!
SpikeyBob

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:10 pm
Does anyone know what "ball touch" means on the Betfair match view graphic?
Not sure if I got it right, but it may mean this:
BallTouch.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I'll be seeing a bit more of Gareth Bale now he's crossing the Atlantic.
Crumpets

His stats are great. But he's in danger of becoming another Raheem Sterling in the final third; consistently making the wrong decision :D Looks great when something comes off... but he's too greedy generally.
Maybe all the talk about him being the world's best has caused a downturn. He tries too hard nowadays, always going for the spectacular when a pass would be more effective
Dublin_Flyer

Ah I don't agree with the greedy part, he had his most assists ever for Liverpool in the season just finished. He definitely lost some shine towards the end of the season after the AFCON defeat then the WC qualifier defeat, maybe some psychological thing about Mane beating him twice, maybe just exhausted, who knows.
Also have to take into account he was renowned for being on the right side of the box, faking towards the right, cutting back and curling it into the far left corner, he's done it so many times that defenders and keepers are wise to it now so he has less opportunities to do it.

That said I'm delighted he signed; Salah, Jota, Dias, Firminho, Nunez is some strength in depth even if 4 of them will never be on the pitch at the same time.

The big potential signing elsewhere that I'm watching is Frenkie de Jong to Man Utd. I've been at a few Barca games that he's played in, and he has been unnoticeable. I'm talking....literally didn't even know he was on the field, and that's not good for a midfielder brought in to try fill the Xavi/Iniesta gap at Barca! They seem to be holding out for a decent price as they're broke as a million piece jigsaw, but I think Man Utd could be buying a dud for top price. He'll fit in well with Maguire :lol:

Return to “Football trading”