Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:13 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:55 pm
At least there's some good news in football, Charlie Adam has retired today
Newcastle might still put a bid in for him..
Or Fray Bentos?
Derek27

Ukraine lucky not to be down to 10 men.
mrblue

sniffer66 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:02 pm
It's all fun and games in Brazil. Looks like one player was subbed on and red carded 2 mins later :D

Capture.JPG
Interesting screenshot, is that Betangel?
Derek27

I'm happily trading a Colombian OU market while the MO traders in the same marnet must be swearing and cursing the suspend monkey. :lol:
sniffer66

mrblue wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:45 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
It's all fun and games in Brazil. Looks like one player was subbed on and red carded 2 mins later :D

Capture.JPG
It's another product, whose name I won't post on here, that I use for straight betting, not trading.
Nowhere near BA's level of complexity for trading and automation but has some nice detail
greenmark

Just watched Belguim v Wales on S4C. I now understand where a big part of my merseyside accent comes from.
RiderJake

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:43 am
mrblue wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:45 pm
sniffer66 wrote:

Capture.JPG
It's another product, whose name I won't post on here, that I use for straight betting, not trading.
Nowhere near BA's level of complexity for trading and automation but has some nice detail
What is the product? If you don't want to advertise in this thread, would you mind telling me in a PM?
greenmark

Okay. I'm emotional so this may be OTT.
Maguire, Dier and Walker are a waste of space. Maquire kept punting the ball down the left wing into a complete cul-de-sac.
Dier screwed the off-side trap for the goal. But overall that back three are risible.
I feel for Saka. Left back? Really? Poor kid.

Southgate said he'd learned from the "internal compromises" he'd made in the previous games.
Well, not selecting that back 3 would have been a start.
Really do feel for Saka though.
Derek27

Two goals in Colombia but Bumfair, for a change, leave all o/u markets open! Suspend monkey asleep.

...He's woken up and now suspended everything.
Dublin_Flyer

Not a huge amount for England fans to feel positive about after tonights game. Southgate seems unsure of his best squad, or formation, or starting 11 so close to the WC.

The dead-rubber Germany game next could be a chance to go balls to the wall and give the fringe players the chance to impress against a usually formidable team and see who shines or who's the rabbit in the headlights. Same could be said for Germany though, there may be many rabbits looking at the headlights in that game!
Dallas

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:29 pm
Not a huge amount for England fans to feel positive about after tonights game. Southgate seems unsure of his best squad, or formation, or starting 11 so close to the WC.

The dead-rubber Germany game next could be a chance to go balls to the wall and give the fringe players the chance to impress against a usually formidable team and see who shines or who's the rabbit in the headlights. Same could be said for Germany though, there may be many rabbits looking at the headlights in that game!
I never saw tonight match (and glad after looking at the result) but agree about giving some of the fringe players a chance against Germany - could make for a interesting match if we do end up with rabbits staring at rabbits :)
greenmark

Just watching Liverpool v Everton at Anfield , women's football. Who'd have thunk it.
I have to own up, I didnt think the women's game could fill a stadium to make it viable.
It can only get more popular.
wearthefoxhat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:55 pm
Just watching Liverpool v Everton at Anfield , women's football. Who'd have thunk it.
I have to own up, I didnt think the women's game could fill a stadium to make it viable.

Just over 100 years ago, womens football was very popular. As it peaked, it got banned because it was deemed unsuitable for women. The ban got lifted 50 years later in 1971.

crowd.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:41 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:55 pm

Just over 100 years ago, womens football was very popular. As it peaked, it got banned because it was deemed unsuitable for women. The ban got lifted 50 years later in 1971.

crowd.png
It was banned because 53,000 perverts turned up to watch them. ;)
Kai

I'm not worried about England, I have full faith in them to score a non-penalty goal in this year's Nations League before San Marino does 👍

Return to “Football trading”