Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Michael5482

Unchartered territory for the Premier league charging a club for 10 years of breaching fair play rules.

Expect it to end up like when City were banned from Europe for 2 years they rocked up at the appeal with the best lawyers money can buy and ended up with a token fine.

No doubt other clubs will be foaming at the mouth when in reality there probably all at it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... cial-rules
Korattt

Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:38 pm
when in reality they’re probably all at it.
disappointing, but actually it was the first thing I thought of, but the thought of the berties being severely penalised kind of gives me a warm glow
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:50 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
disappointing, but actually it was the first thing I thought of, but the thought of the berties being severely penalised kind of gives me a warm glow
If City are to become the Lance Armstrong of the PL then they should strip them of all there title wins and award them to the second place team ;)
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:48 pm
Korattt wrote:
Michael5482 wrote:
If City are to become the Lance Armstrong of the PL then they should strip them of all there title wins and award them to the second place team ;)
I'm not sure if the guys who finished second to Armstrong are official winners. Perhaps they should just place an asterisk next to Man City*.

* Cheating gits :)

Screenshot 2023-02-06 160233.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael5482

Korattt wrote:
Michael5482 wrote:
Yes I think most club's won't be squeaky clean, City obviously draw attention to themselves with their recent success and mega rich owners. A high probability City will have exploited financial fair play loop holes but again they won't be alone in doing this.

Be interesting to see how it plays out especially with Pep indicating if there' any financial wrong doings he'll be off.
greenmark

Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:05 pm
Korattt wrote:
Michael5482 wrote:
Yes I think most club's won't be squeaky clean, City obviously draw attention to themselves with their recent success and mega rich owners. A high probability City will have exploited financial fair play loop holes but again they won't be alone in doing this.

Be interesting to see how it plays out especially with Pep indicating if there' any financial wrong doings he'll be off.
I haven't explored the detail but if you've put £2billion into a football club, how can that be fair play for their competitors? It's really a bit bizarre. The Premier League is indeed the Premier League in the world, but that attracts some really naff owners. And the EPL are scared of shooting that Golden Goose. If they sanction City I'll eat my hat.
Kai

RIP City, we hardly knew ye
wearthefoxhat

marsch.png

Reckon it was too harsh. Some of the new signings need to establish themselves and then the results would look after themselves.

Relegation is certainly likely this season. Southampton should survive and then Leeds are dependant on someone else filling the void.... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:59 pm
RIP City, we hardly knew ye

Even if they deduct 30 points and fine them a few £million, they'll still survive relegation. Mind you the 2500/1 with Paddy Power might be worth a speculative £1.

relegation.png
wearthefoxhat

Some unusual names on the list. Corberan has done wonders for WBA and was Bielsa's assistant coach a while back.

nextmgr.png
Kai

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:11 pm
Some unusual names on the list. Corberan has done wonders for WBA and was Bielsa's assistant coach a while back.

nextmgr.png
Oh, Poch the standout candidate there for sure
Derek27

Two quick goals at Burnley.
greenmark

Wrexham cannt give Sharp a chance like that. He's not Premier League but give him space like that and you're toast.
Kai

City are seriously lawyering up, they called everyone including Saul and the Partygate lawyer :o

Probably guilty AF then, might even need a dedicated thread for the upcoming shitstorm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... arges.html
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:08 pm
City are seriously lawyering up, they called everyone including Saul and the Partygate lawyer :o

Probably guilty AF then, might even need a dedicated thread for the upcoming shitstorm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... arges.html
Man(ufactured) City seem to realise that relegation is a real possibility, as a penalty. Pep has said that that he will resign if the board lied to him, whatever that means. One thing it does mean it gives him options to jump ship and not have to manage a championship side.

By employing all these lawyers, they will hope for it to drag on for as long as possible with appeals and high court appeals...etc

Just give them a 70 point deduction this season, 5 pts for each year from 2009...simples... (that'll be one of the three spots used. Bournemouth take one and then there''ll be a right old scrap to avoid the last relegation spot)... :?

Return to “Football trading”