Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:26 pm
Man(ufactured) City
I like that one, if Pep walks the whole project could easily fall apart
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:26 pm
Just give them a 70 point deduction this season
Not sure 70 points is enough, they would probably still finish above Liverpool

But I like what they did with Juventus years ago, strip them of the titles but leave those unassigned, wouldn't want those dodgy titles anyway and I'm pretty sure other clubs would feel similar
Michael5482

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... d-reichart

The European Super League has reared it's ugly head again, looks like it's being driven by Barca, Real & Juve. Can't see any English clubs being remotely involved this time round after the backlash from the first proposal.

However it is coincidental it's a few days after Man City charged with breaches of financial fair play :lol: :lol: :lol:
weemac

..... Football Supporters' Association chief executive Kevin Miles likened the European Super League to a twitching corpse on Thursday.

"The walking corpse that is the European Super League twitches again with all the self-awareness one associates with a zombie," Miles said.

:)
greenmark

Howe could gift his old club a win and not lose a place.

But The Toon have Liverpool, Man Utd and Man City on the bounce. 3 "easy" points would be very useful indeed.
Realrocknrolla

Southampton are absolute 🐶 💩
greenmark

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:49 pm
What is this way of communicating that requires deciphering. Just flipping say what you think. Jeez!!!
Call a shovel a shovel. What do those icons mean? Is that a turd? I despair of intelligent people choosing to use inept methods of communication.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:10 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
What is this way of communicating that requires deciphering. Just flipping say what you think. Jeez!!!
Call a shovel a shovel. What do those icons mean? Is that a turd? I despair of intelligent people choosing to use inept methods of communication.
Don't worry about it, he's getting s̶a̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ banned in the morning :D
Realrocknrolla

greenmark wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:
A shovel is a shovel! Southampton are dog shit! 👍😂

Pretty sure emoji was designed to add emotional clue to a message but you’re correct. Far too many. I’m guilty of being lazy with them!
greenmark

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:22 pm
greenmark wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:
A shovel is a shovel! Southampton are dog shit! 👍😂

Pretty sure emoji was designed to add emotional clue to a message but you’re correct. Far too many. I’m guilty of being lazy with them!
Thanks. But I disagree with your assesment of Southampton FC. The EPL is the top league. Surviving is very, very difficult. As an LFC fan I know Saints have been pillaged for yonks.
A more fair assesment may be they lost that magic touch that produced so many players that were attractive to clubs with bigger budgets.
Relegation is an ugly scenario for any fan. I see Everton down there and it will hurt me if they go down. But 3 teams have to.
Grange Hermit

greenmark wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:22 pm
Grange Hermit wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:23 am
greenmark wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:16 am
Just catching up and Klopp has maintained my admiration for this honest interview. As an LFC supporter I can feel his pain and exasperation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64525812

I'm just wondering now whether the ownership but also the spectre of Gerrard as the next manager is beginning to unravel it all.
Fellow Red here, can't see Gerrard coming in for a few years yet, after the Villa debacle. Rangers / Scotland was a bit of a flash in the pan for him. Needs to do a stint elswhere, lower division etc, to prove he has managerial talent. Klopp needs to use close season to fix / overhaul the team, particularly ageing midfield.
I was perhaps being a bit mischievous about Gerrard, but it could happen. He was virtually a one-man match winner for so long and I, for one, adored him. Perhaps Rangers was a flash in the pan, but don't underestimate the ferocity of the competition between Rangers and Celtic. It needs a dedicated and calm person to navigate that.
Although Villans see themselves as the premier club in the West Midlands they've been pretty wonky for ages so failing there is no shame really. Probably good experience. Gerrard is reckoned to be a very driven individual, so I'll be interested to see where he rocks up next.
No doubt he is very driven, he practically carried an average team entirely on his shoulders himself, had the surrounding players been up to his calibre, prob would have a few league titles himself. And who can forget him getting sent of within a minute as sub against MU. Plus Istanbul, FA Cup 2006, and lots of others...................
Realrocknrolla

Kai wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Were you on about the Manager of SFC? If so, what’s the euromillions for Tuesday? 😂😂
Kai

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:53 am
Kai wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:16 pm
greenmark wrote:

Were you on about the Manager of SFC? If so, what’s the euromillions for Tuesday? 😂😂
Oh crap, that's not what I meant, we're both getting banned now :lol:
Michael5482

Nathan Jones sacked at Southampton after only 3 months. Not sure who they can get in to try to save them, but they'll have a hell of a job on there hands.

Steve Gerrard 5/1 favorite with Sky Bet, not sure he's experienced enough for dire straits Southampton are in.
Euler

NJ had an easy set of matches and failed on nearly all of them, total disaster.

Not sure who picks things up from here. Not a bad team, but probably too late to save now.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:49 am
NJ had an easy set of matches and failed on nearly all of them, total disaster.

Not sure who picks things up from here. Not a bad team, but probably too late to save now.
Marcus Bielsa and his team @ £1miilion a month?

Return of Poch? (just past the 10 year anniversary when first appointed)

Return to “Football trading”