Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

Liverpool look short at 2.50 favourites to win this evening.
Trader Pat

Yeah I expected Utd's price to come in when the teams were announced but didn't move.
Euler

Good first half
Kai

Impressive first half! Liverpool scoring 3 goals and had a penalty cancelled :o So far so good!
Morbius

And it's Modrick on the scoreboard for Real....too old my ass 😊

Class finish from the "pensioner" Kai
Last edited by Morbius on Thu May 13, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:17 pm
Impressive first half! Liverpool scoring 3 goals and had a penalty cancelled :o So far so good!
Tell you what... This will be a motivator for Leicester and Chelsea for their last two games but them playing each other means one of them will get to 67 or 69 if its a result
Morbius

Euler wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:21 pm
Liverpool look short at 2.50 favourites to win this evening.
I thought that but not by much. The two big factors here are no crowd and the motivational factor which always takes the edge off and theres always players who don't want to miss a final through injury. I had them circa 13/8 which is not enough for me on value alone but the value was huge when united scored so early.
Trader Pat

As much as I dearly love LFC if there's one team in Europe right now that I wouldn't want to be defending a 1 goal lead with ten minutes to go its us.

All toes, fingers and extremities are crossed!
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:56 pm
As much as I dearly love LFC if there's one team in Europe right now that I wouldn't want to be defending a 1 goal lead with ten minutes to go its us.

If Liverpool worm their way out of this and get top 4 from here I'm just thinking if this is more improbable than the Barce/Milan comebacks... I think it is by some margin. Chelsea losing vs Arsenal and Leicester to Newcastle :shock:
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:14 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:56 pm

If Liverpool worm their way out of this and get top 4 from here I'm just thinking if this is more improbable than the Barce/Milan comebacks... I think it is by some margin. Chelsea losing vs Arsenal and Leicester to Newcastle :shock:

Gotta love football! :D

For the last 5 minutes I didn't know whether to stand up, sit down, lie on the floor or hang from the ceiling!

Hopefully another 3 games like that to come!
Trader Pat

Gotta feel for Solskjaer, he went through the full gamut of emotions!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 pm
He might have to go back into the transfer market again...I think Paulo Futre might be a target...

nicknames.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morbius

One thing he can't buy is managerial experience along with managerial talent. There's no transfer market to solve that problem.

Why do I have this image in my head of Unai Emery smiling as he's realising this is the moment of history for Villarreal as they've never won a European trophy and United at 1/2 are a joke price for that final. How can they be that price with that defence. 5 goals against in a semi final and you're lucky to get through. Roma could have easily overturned that in the second leg.

And I still think if Liverpool get top 4 then it's more improbable than the Barce and Milan comebacks by miles but in years to come it won't get remembered. Motivation is a huge element in odds compilation hence why Liverpool were short yesterday. I didn't touch the price as I had them at 13/8 which isnt big enough for me but the play was to lay united when they went ahead after 10m.

With stoppage time added we basically still had a full game left but the reasons for Liverpools pre game short odds remained so they became a great trade to lay to back.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 pm
Pat I thought that was very disrespectful towards the substitute PE teacher that is Ole Gunnar Solskjær. It almost warrants 100 push-ups as punishment, please try and be more respectful the next time we batter them at their own ground.
Kai

The Guardian wrote : "There was a decoy Liverpool bus. That was the one that ended up getting its tyres slashed by Manchester United fans on a side street near Old Trafford. The real Liverpool bus, unmarked and unheralded, sneaked around the back entrance to avoid the hundreds of protesters out front. United also operated a couple of dummy buses to shuttle between the hotel and the stadium. The players themselves travelled in their own cars and arrived six hours in advance. On the concourse, riot vans and police horses jostled to keep the crowds at bay."

So their fans clearly knew they were in for a battering and again wanted to prevent the match from being played :shock:

But hopefully this sort of behavior is not the immediate future of English football.

Return to “Football trading”