Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:01 pm
Morbius wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:56 pm
If it were possible I would love for every single person who was on that pitch to be investigated and to find out just how many of them are season ticket holders and how many united games they have been to in the past year prior to lockdown.
I'd say very very few if any. Most of those that turned up were probably pissheads with nothing better to do.

If fans want to get the owners attention then boycott the games when crowds are allowed to be back at stadiums. If there are no fans at games next season the owners would sit up and take notice. Regarding Utd specifically, even at the height of the green & gold protests fans still turned up to the games so it didn't affect the bottom line of the Glazers so they didn't care, just like they wont care about this.

+1

I've been saying this for years
greenmark

From what I saw, it was a mix of twits and genuine protesters. But it looked like they all left in an orderly fashion when confronted by the police.
Nonetheless, I think it was a stupid, futile action.
Archery1969

Won’t Man Utd get a points deduction for failing to control their fans ?
Archangel

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:28 pm

But to be honest both teams should have been kicked out of the Premier League two weeks ago for wanting to join the ESL.
As if the Premier League would kick out any of the top 6 for any reason. The Premier League is a product and a business at the end of the day. People seem to think greed and money only came into football two weeks ago ;)
greenmark

Archangel wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:52 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:28 pm

But to be honest both teams should have been kicked out of the Premier League two weeks ago for wanting to join the ESL.
As if the Premier League would kick out any of the top 6 for any reason. The Premier League is a product and a business at the end of the day. People seem to think greed and money only came into football two weeks ago ;)
Neville ws saying anyone that thinks the ESL is over is deluded. The last couple of weeks was just a rehearsal. They will come back again. If you look at the stats those involved are indeed the "top 6" in terms of financial clout. West Ham are next, Leicester are the interlopers. If the top 6 do break away and get excluded, Leicester and West Ham are in clover. A curious situation.
Still !00% against it though. And I think the various owners involved should be making more conciliatory noises.
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 5:51 pm
Roy Keane:
"Its a huge statement from the fans against the Glazers"
Dearie me!
It's feeble hooliganism.
+100

If Roy Keane actually said that then he has absolutely no idea what a football fan is or looks like. I've just seen the footage and it's just as I suspected and is what it always is in situations like these. These weren't fans. 90%+ of what I saw were 25 or less with most 20 or less. I'd be shocked if these morons even had a job let alone afford the cost of a united game on a regular basis. Its just organised hooliganism and believe me this was organised by anarchist groups. I used to know a football hooligan many moons ago and I was shocked at how planned and orchestrated it all was. It was almost military. Let's look for a reason and then pretend we're upset to start a riot.
Trader Pat

One police officer slashed across the face with a bottle according to Sky

Takes a special kind of scumbag to do that
Kai

Been a shit day overall with this nonsense, hope it doesn't escalate further. Such a great key match postponed 😒 The market ruined too ffs...

greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:05 pm
One police officer slashed across the face with a bottle according to Sky

Takes a special kind of scumbag to do that
Indeed. We've all seen the hostility towards frontline workers over the last year and it's not acceptable. But perhaps this highlights that a section of society are pretty much bonkers. But then perhaps they're bonkers for reasons that 'we' could do something about.
Be more fair.
Be more sharing.
Be more kind.
Doh! I'm so stupid!
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:50 pm
Been a shit day overall with this nonsense, hope it doesn't escalate further. Such a great key match postponed 😒 The market ruined too ffs...

But it presented you with a great opportunity to switch across to Selby vs Murphy and backing Selby when he was behind 😉
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:02 am
Kai wrote:
But it presented you with a great opportunity to switch across to Selby vs Murphy and backing Selby when he was behind 😉
Maybe, but I don't know anything about darts!!
Dublin_Flyer

Kai wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:20 am
Morbius wrote:
Kai wrote:
It's easy Kai, each guy gets 4 downs to throw his darts in 15 seconds. If he does then it's a touchdown, and if he doesn't then it's a break of serve. So then the other guy has 6 balls to throw at the other guys darts and try get a strike out. If he gets a strike out then it goes to VAR.
Seems pretty easy to understand to me :?
wearthefoxhat

Another reason the ESL was dead in the water?

ronaldo.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:20 am
Morbius wrote:
Kai wrote:
That explains it then
Dallas

In light of yesterdays drama the Premier league and Football clubs other sporting bodies, couldn't of timed there social media boycott and worse for this weekend

Return to “Football trading”