Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Gotta feel for Solskjaer, he went through the full gamut of emotions!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 pm
He might have to go back into the transfer market again...I think Paulo Futre might be a target...

nicknames.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morbius

One thing he can't buy is managerial experience along with managerial talent. There's no transfer market to solve that problem.

Why do I have this image in my head of Unai Emery smiling as he's realising this is the moment of history for Villarreal as they've never won a European trophy and United at 1/2 are a joke price for that final. How can they be that price with that defence. 5 goals against in a semi final and you're lucky to get through. Roma could have easily overturned that in the second leg.

And I still think if Liverpool get top 4 then it's more improbable than the Barce and Milan comebacks by miles but in years to come it won't get remembered. Motivation is a huge element in odds compilation hence why Liverpool were short yesterday. I didn't touch the price as I had them at 13/8 which isnt big enough for me but the play was to lay united when they went ahead after 10m.

With stoppage time added we basically still had a full game left but the reasons for Liverpools pre game short odds remained so they became a great trade to lay to back.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Pat I thought that was very disrespectful towards the substitute PE teacher that is Ole Gunnar Solskjær. It almost warrants 100 push-ups as punishment, please try and be more respectful the next time we batter them at their own ground.
Kai

The Guardian wrote : "There was a decoy Liverpool bus. That was the one that ended up getting its tyres slashed by Manchester United fans on a side street near Old Trafford. The real Liverpool bus, unmarked and unheralded, sneaked around the back entrance to avoid the hundreds of protesters out front. United also operated a couple of dummy buses to shuttle between the hotel and the stadium. The players themselves travelled in their own cars and arrived six hours in advance. On the concourse, riot vans and police horses jostled to keep the crowds at bay."

So their fans clearly knew they were in for a battering and again wanted to prevent the match from being played :shock:

But hopefully this sort of behavior is not the immediate future of English football.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:43 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Pat I thought that was very disrespectful towards the substitute PE teacher that is Ole Gunnar Solskjær. It almost warrants 100 push-ups as punishment, please try and be more respectful the next time we batter them at their own ground.
Quite right Kai, shame on me!

I'll endeavor not to sink so low next season :)
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:54 pm
Kai wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:43 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Quite right Kai, shame on me!

I'll endeavor not to sink so low next season :)
Glad to hear it Pat, sometimes we all need a stern telling off 👍
rhysc

Wonder if we’ll see abit of rotation tonight with City.
jamesg46

How many goals in this game?

I'm going 2-7.
rhysc

Well it’s certainly good for the neutral!
Morbius

Just been active on the Burnley vs Leeds game.

We will probably never see a season like this again. The home win percentage is down a staggering 10% on what it usually is just highlighting how important home crowds are for motivational drivers that affect prices.

This was well known back in the 80s when one or two chairmen were paying for supporters to attend away matches. Be sorry to see this season end
Trader Pat

Inter available at 3.40 away to Juve :shock: Ridiculous odds.

Market seemed to think Conte was going to go easy on his old club but even after naming a full strength line up the odds have barely moved.

Forza Inter!
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Market seemed to think Conte was going to go easy on his old club but even after naming a full strength line up the odds have barely moved.

Forza Inter!

That's off but not by much Pat. I had them circa 9/4. Juve are playing for a CL place and lines have to be adjusted if a team has already secured the league. Mentally they are on a comedown. Pirlo has gone and the players wanted him out so you would expect a bounce. Look at Newcastle 3 City 4 last night. Would that result have happened several weeks ago. I left the Inter price alone as a value bet because the margin was too thin. But still tradable in play
Dublin_Flyer

Good to see some real life crowd noise in Wembley instead of the canned, off by 1/2 second crap that we've had to put up with for what seems like ever.
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:07 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Forza Inter!

That's off but not by much Pat. I had them circa 9/4. Juve are playing for a CL place and lines have to be adjusted if a team has already secured the league. Mentally they are on a comedown. Pirlo has gone and the players wanted him out so you would expect a bounce. Look at Newcastle 3 City 4 last night. Would that result have happened several weeks ago. I left the Inter price alone as a value bet because the margin was too thin. But still tradable in play
Normally I'd agree with that logic but there's a couple of caveats to this game. I'd have them both around 2.62, Conte hasn't let them let up yet and the chance to effectively dump Juve and Ronaldo into the Europa League next season should have them motivated. Pirlo will get the bullet at the end of the season but he's still there for now.

Return to “Football trading”