Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:47 pm
lol... Well you've gone from the last rites to intensive care :lol:
Its the hope that kills ya!
Morbius wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:47 pm
Now they are 5/2 to get top four. But here's the thing... It looks very much like Liverpool will need to hit 67pts as a minimum. They are STILL a significant lay at 5/2 and are overwhelming favs to trade significantly higher than that at some stage. The longer these markets are the easier they are to pick off.

Its still a tall order but its sort of back in our own hands now if we win the 4 games. Probably get stuffed tomorrow night after saying that! :D
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 12:35 pm
Morbius wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:36 am
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:53 pm

I know he had to rest players but if Liverpool was the middle game of 3 in 5 days he wouldn't have rested that many.

4 wins a must now and then hope Leicester lose one of their remaining two, or less likely Chelsea don't get the 6 points they need from their remaining three games. Goal difference could still play a part to.

Keep the faith Kai!

All part of why they weren't 2.12 Pat to make top 4...just hope you took my advice 😉
I take it you're enjoying yourself then Carl, working out various pre-off footy angles, since it probably feels very familiar :D

Granted it can be fun finding daft prices in the earlier stages of markets and it can feel a bit satisfying feeling like you're one or two steps in front of the market, but it's a shame that besides fixture-congested periods and cup matches etc there aren't too many huge opportunities on a regular basis. Some relatively small margins mostly, altho teamnews potential can be pretty efficient.

But can quickly get tiring too and needs some proper effort, working out your positions at the right times and covering all the liabilities plus some babysitting of prices and positions etc and far too much time to potentially over-think your positions/angles as well :lol: ... and I guess it's a cool way of participating in the market and ideally it should be "set and forget" if you can manage that but ye it's hard to compare all the effort with just showing up at a market and having markets line up in an orderly fashion lmao, which would be actual day trading :)

Ye, maybe would be nice to follow other leagues and stuff and things but very hard if you have zero interest in it.

Yeah sometimes the football "futures market" as I call it can be devoid of opportunities but there are a fair few situations in the markets where the prices are just wrong but they always have been. However I am looking at other leagues as it stands and have been analysing the Serbian League this week. I always knew Crvena Zvezda (Red Star) dominated that league but never realised how few games they've lost in the past 5 years :o
Kai

That's nice, except in those cases where market is wrong but it doesn't care :lol:

But I'm not one to discuss "future markets", or present ones either, ideally I only want to maybe discuss the markets that I don't trade anymore :lol:

As should everyone else! It's probably best to not even mention the sport you're trading, unless you're actively looking to mislead others. Speaking of which, lately I've been getting into trading badminton, it's been surprisingly liquid!
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 2:01 am
That's nice, except in those cases where market is wrong but it doesn't care :lol:

But I'm not one to discuss "future markets", or present ones either, ideally I only want to maybe discuss the markets that I don't trade anymore :lol:

As should everyone else! It's probably best to not even mention the sport you're trading, unless you're actively looking to mislead others. Speaking of which, lately I've been getting into trading badminton, it's been surprisingly liquid!

I don't think mentioning the sport you're trading should be an issue Kai unless I'm missing something here. Surely that would help the liquidity as no two traders would trade it identically anyway unless you were using bots or taking liquidity in a market that didn't have much.

Ever since Wyckoff revealed his methods people have been thinking that too much data in the market would be harmful but it never really has been
Morbius

I forgot to mention Kai that I've been betting on football for 30 years but it's just the trading side of it that's new to me. I just picked the one sport I knew the most about which isn't always a good thing I know. But Carl's done alright this past dozen years :D
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 am
Ever since Wyckoff revealed his methods
I think you misspelt Psychoff there Carl, but luckily I know what you meant! :)
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 am
I've been betting on football for 30 years
Also, that's exactly why I called dibs if and when you open a football trading course :)
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 am
Carl's done alright this past dozen years :D
Welp, you've probably done better than me with the value betting, or most for that matter! Prior to Betfair, I could do wonders with a tenner on a lucky day back in high school days :D
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 pm

Best of luck tonite!
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:20 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 pm

Best of luck tonite!
Likewise!

We Liverpool fans must be really annoying for the rest of the forum! :lol:
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:27 pm
Likewise!

Well, we are "The Unbearables" Pat.

But I thought that was always the plan? :? For everyone else to unsubscribe from the thread so that you, me, Dallas and others could have a little Liverpool corner! Dallas even has the powers to change the thread title when the time comes, I've thought of everything!

Game is well and truly afoot :ugeek:
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:33 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:27 pm
Likewise!

Well, we are "The Unbearables" Pat.

But I thought that was always the plan? :? For everyone else to unsubscribe from the thread so that you, me, Dallas and others could have a little Liverpool corner! Dallas even has the powers to change the thread title when the time comes, I've thought of everything!

Game is well and truly afoot :ugeek:
That is a cunning plan worthy of Modrick!

Rumours of another protest at Old Trafford tonight by Utd fans. I hope it happens and that they wreck the place! :D Game gets called off, 3-0 win awarded :)

If Liverpool hadn't have been part of the dirty half dozen they would have been calling for that after the original game was postponed.
Kai

Was lowkey hoping for something like that but did not want to jinx it :twisted: Until you did :|

Now I'm not saying that Klopp should be instructing the team bus driver to drive around Manchester looking for pockets of angry United fans, and if I were, good luck proving that!!!

We'll probably have to rely on more conventional tactics then, I just hope they don't include Bobby Firmino.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 am
Morbius wrote:
No Wyckoff as in Richard Wyckoff who was one of the first stock market investors to discuss the theory of order flow which connected to what you said in the oasis thread Kai.
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:26 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 am
Morbius wrote:
No Wyckoff as in Richard Wyckoff who was one of the first stock market investors to discuss the theory of order flow which connected to what you said in the oasis thread Kai.
Just messing with you there :) Yep, Googled him, I see he had a lot to say.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 pm
Was lowkey hoping for something like that but did not want to jinx it :twisted: Until you did :|

Now I'm not saying that Klopp should be instructing the team bus driver to drive around Manchester looking for pockets of angry United fans, and if I were, good luck proving that!!!

I have an idea!

https://youtu.be/4gHTls_r_Mg

Return to “Football trading”