Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:33 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:27 pm
Likewise!

We Liverpool fans must be really annoying for the rest of the forum! :lol:
Well, we are "The Unbearables" Pat.

But I thought that was always the plan? :? For everyone else to unsubscribe from the thread so that you, me, Dallas and others could have a little Liverpool corner! Dallas even has the powers to change the thread title when the time comes, I've thought of everything!

Game is well and truly afoot :ugeek:
That is a cunning plan worthy of Modrick!

Rumours of another protest at Old Trafford tonight by Utd fans. I hope it happens and that they wreck the place! :D Game gets called off, 3-0 win awarded :)

If Liverpool hadn't have been part of the dirty half dozen they would have been calling for that after the original game was postponed.
Kai

Was lowkey hoping for something like that but did not want to jinx it :twisted: Until you did :|

Now I'm not saying that Klopp should be instructing the team bus driver to drive around Manchester looking for pockets of angry United fans, and if I were, good luck proving that!!!

We'll probably have to rely on more conventional tactics then, I just hope they don't include Bobby Firmino.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 am
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 am
Ever since Wyckoff revealed his methods
I think you misspelt Psychoff there Carl, but luckily I know what you meant! :)
No Wyckoff as in Richard Wyckoff who was one of the first stock market investors to discuss the theory of order flow which connected to what you said in the oasis thread Kai.
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:26 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 am
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 am
Ever since Wyckoff revealed his methods
I think you misspelt Psychoff there Carl, but luckily I know what you meant! :)
No Wyckoff as in Richard Wyckoff who was one of the first stock market investors to discuss the theory of order flow which connected to what you said in the oasis thread Kai.
Just messing with you there :) Yep, Googled him, I see he had a lot to say.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 pm
Was lowkey hoping for something like that but did not want to jinx it :twisted: Until you did :|

Now I'm not saying that Klopp should be instructing the team bus driver to drive around Manchester looking for pockets of angry United fans, and if I were, good luck proving that!!!

I have an idea!

https://youtu.be/4gHTls_r_Mg
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:38 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 pm

I have an idea!

https://youtu.be/4gHTls_r_Mg
Iconic scene :lol:

Godspeed Pat, we're counting on you 👍

(Btw, Samuel L. Jackson became a fan after doing that movie, his social media was hilarious last few years when the team was winning everything)
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 pm
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 am
I've been betting on football for 30 years
Also, that's exactly why I called dibs if and when you open a football trading course :)
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 am
Carl's done alright this past dozen years :D
Welp, you've probably done better than me with the value betting, or most for that matter! Prior to Betfair, I could do wonders with a tenner on a lucky day back in high school days :D

You don't need a course or a book on logical thinking because that's all it is. That and pure observation which you are exceptional at. Years ago I just started looking at old league tables from completed seasons. Then one thing jumped out at me. If you construct a separate table of goals scored to goals conceded for every team that their actual league position was with 1-2 places of that.

For example if Leeds were 10th on goals scored and 14th on goals conceded that this averaged 12. Their actual league position was 11-13 a very high proportion of the time and very often 12th. It rarely came outside of 10-14.

Take Spurs at the moment.... Goals scored they are 4th. Goals conceded they are 6th equal with 2 other teams so that's 8. Add those two together and divide by 2 and you get 6. Their actual position is 7th. So what does this mean?? Well it means a lot of things when you dig especially the very delicate correlation between attacking and defending and transitional play. I built a simple odds compilation system from basic footballing principles.

It's really all in the data just like for example league position and how it warps market prices. Leeds for example have 50pts which is 1.42 pts per game. Burnley at 40pts are 1.14pts per game. A difference of 0.28pts per game is nothing when you factor in how much variance is in a typical football season. Leeds would be liable to be overpriced in a game like this but this is akin to looking at a historical betfair chart in horseracing.. Its only showing history.

Just like it's silly to have Chelsea at 9/5 for the CL final. It was only when I actually started betting on football that I knew how innacurate prices were after I started keeping records. Very easy to pay the market too much respect if you don't. Then when you link it with trading then in theory it should help you although it's often difficult to always know when to trade out because that can harm the EV of taking a permanent position. If I know what the implied inefficiency is then this gives me a guide for how much profit to aim for in a trade.

Although I have come unstuck with value betting in other sports and only stick to football now.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:20 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 pm

Best of luck tonite!
Likewise!

Feel free to talk as much football as you like... You wait until the Euros start :lol:

Oh yeah and best of luck for tonight and staying alive but be careful what you wish for. A European free season didnt harm Leicester in 2015-16 did it ;)
Dallas

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:52 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:33 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Likewise!

Well, we are "The Unbearables" Pat.

But I thought that was always the plan? :? For everyone else to unsubscribe from the thread so that you, me, Dallas and others could have a little Liverpool corner! Dallas even has the powers to change the thread title when the time comes, I've thought of everything!

Game is well and truly afoot :ugeek:
That is a cunning plan worthy of Modrick!

Rumours of another protest at Old Trafford tonight by Utd fans. I hope it happens and that they wreck the place! :D Game gets called off, 3-0 win awarded :)

If Liverpool hadn't have been part of the dirty half dozen they would have been calling for that after the original game was postponed.
That is a cunning idea :twisted:

Thinking about it why have none of started a Liverpool supports thread?
Probably a year to late to start it now though!
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:32 pm
That is a cunning idea :twisted:

Thinking about it why have none of started a Liverpool supports thread?
Probably a year to late to start it now though!

Let's see how this season ends first :D
Euler

Liverpool look short at 2.50 favourites to win this evening.
Trader Pat

Yeah I expected Utd's price to come in when the teams were announced but didn't move.
Euler

Good first half
Kai

Impressive first half! Liverpool scoring 3 goals and had a penalty cancelled :o So far so good!
Morbius

And it's Modrick on the scoreboard for Real....too old my ass 😊

Class finish from the "pensioner" Kai
Last edited by Morbius on Thu May 13, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football trading”