Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 pm
Morbius wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:02 pm
The markets also over react to short term results when all that is most of the time is short term variance
Long may it continue :)
Morbius wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:07 pm
I've a lot to learn about sports trading Pat but I look for other ways to get the job done if I can. I should have laid the draw in City vs Chelsea late on and didn't as the game flow screamed goal.... Still pissed about it
Can't win them all but you seem to be approaching it from a logical point of view so should be up over the long run

Ive done alright out of it Pat but poker was always my main income but want a new direction. I've learnt some painful lessons down the years. Like the time I was going to back Amir Khan when he fought Barrera for the world title in 2009. I was convinced Khan wouldn't lose this fight and MAB was long in the tooth and ring rusty and wouldn't cope with Khan's style.

That same day I was at my dentists and was reading Barry Mcguigans column in one of the rags and he went into a long description of how Khan couldn't win this fight. So not only didn't I back him I lumped on Barrera and I mean LUMPED.

Mcguigan was doing the commentary as well and after round 2 he said the thought Barrera was ring rusty and struggling to cope with Khans style. I won't repeat what came out of my mouth. Never trusted an experts opinion pre event since but they are good for in play.... You live and learn don't you
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:24 pm
Mcguigan was doing the commentary as well and after round 2 he said the thought Barrera was ring rusty and struggling to cope with Khans style. I won't repeat what came out of my mouth. Never trusted an experts opinion pre event since but they are good for in play.... You live and learn don't you
:lol:

Always ignore the 'experts'
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:28 pm
Morbius wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:24 pm
:lol:

Always ignore the 'experts'

I became a miserable bastard that very same day :D

Catch you later fella
Morbius

So Chelsea beat City twice in a week without even being at home and are clearly at City's level and yet a best priced 9/5 is on offer for Chelsea to win the CL... 9/5 for an Even Money chance at worst and possible 4/5
Morbius

Morbius wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:27 pm
Why risk looking stupid like that. Keepers expect takers to go down the middle these days. Any top class player should be able to hit the corner with pace and precision. A keeper has little chance against pace and precision and 300k per week footballers should be able to do that

Just been reading Micah Richards comments on the pen and he's said Aguero was always trying panenkas in training and never scored them. Not that it matters for the title but it sure as hell matters for the CL final. Guardiola was always going to defend him but that was a shocker and now Chelsea have the psychological edge
Trader Pat

Strong line up by Utd today so expect everyone to be rested for Tuesday.

Leicester's price already on the move... wonder how low it will get
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morbius

Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:34 pm
Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 pm
Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:38 pm

I hate to quote myself but here I was on April 16th :D
Actually might as well give me a name for the next Spurs manager and I'll have a look at the market :)

It has been a while since I played around with those, but I remember them fondly!

It's hard to call because their new "status" in their new stadium and ESL contenders could see them land a big name. Allegri has been out of work for a while and may fancy a crack at the Prem or they could go for a young gun like OGS/Arteta/Lampard type. Who knows with them.... Remember jacques santini 🙄

Why don't I indulge in next manager markets... Allegri now favourite for the Arsenal job.... Too fricking late now Carl :x
Archery1969

Wish me luck. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:46 pm
Hmmmm, do I get a sense of back-fitting?! :o
Archery1969

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:15 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:46 pm
Hmmmm, do I get a sense of back-fitting?! :o
Backfitting ?

I just took the average number of goals for each leage and best time to enter the market.
wearthefoxhat

eufa.png

It crossed my mind too....
LeTiss

To be honest, the destinations for these finals are a little farcical anyway

Why don't UEFA shortlist 3-5 stadiums for the final, then choose the most appropriate one, once they know who the 2 teams are

We've had a few finals in recent years between 2 teams from the same country. Plus, we also had Bayern vs Chelsea in Allianz Arena (even though Bayern lost)

Arsenal v Chelsea in Baku 2 years ago was a crazy choice
Morbius

LeTiss wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Why don't UEFA shortlist 3-5 stadiums for the final, then choose the most appropriate one, once they know who the 2 teams are

We've had a few finals in recent years between 2 teams from the same country. Plus, we also had Bayern vs Chelsea in Allianz Arena (even though Bayern lost)

I've been saying this for years ever since Liverpool played Roma in 1984 in the Olympic Stadium in Rome.
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:

UEFA and sensible decisions is not often something you can combine in the same sentence
Archery1969

Dallas wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:56 pm
LeTiss wrote:

UEFA and sensible decisions is not often something you can combine in the same sentence
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football trading”