Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
wearthefoxhat

eufa.png

It crossed my mind too....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

To be honest, the destinations for these finals are a little farcical anyway

Why don't UEFA shortlist 3-5 stadiums for the final, then choose the most appropriate one, once they know who the 2 teams are

We've had a few finals in recent years between 2 teams from the same country. Plus, we also had Bayern vs Chelsea in Allianz Arena (even though Bayern lost)

Arsenal v Chelsea in Baku 2 years ago was a crazy choice
Morbius

LeTiss wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Why don't UEFA shortlist 3-5 stadiums for the final, then choose the most appropriate one, once they know who the 2 teams are

We've had a few finals in recent years between 2 teams from the same country. Plus, we also had Bayern vs Chelsea in Allianz Arena (even though Bayern lost)

I've been saying this for years ever since Liverpool played Roma in 1984 in the Olympic Stadium in Rome.
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:

UEFA and sensible decisions is not often something you can combine in the same sentence
Archery1969

Dallas wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:56 pm
LeTiss wrote:

UEFA and sensible decisions is not often something you can combine in the same sentence
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morbius

Fulham are way too short tonight. They can't be under 2/1 home to Burnley
Trader Pat

I'm steering clear of commenting on football odds for a while...

I still can't get my head around how Liverpool are as short as 2.12 to finish in the Top 4! I know people have different ways of evaluating 'value' but that's got to be a value lay however you do it
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:37 pm

I still can't get my head around how Liverpool are as short as 2.12 to finish in the Top 4! I know people have different ways of evaluating 'value' but that's got to be a value lay however you do it
Agree on that one.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:

Well you just HAVE commented on it :lol:

It is too short.... Way too short. That is factoring in certain variables that should bev diluted like last years league position for example. The fact of the matter is this.. The market en masse simply cannot accept Liverpool going from champions to outside of the top four so rapidly the same as it couldn't accept Leicester as champions until it was obvious in 2015-16.

Look at logically. They can't catch city and united. They are rapidly running out road to catch Chelsea whose range of finishing totals is outside of Liverpools maximum. Spurs and Everton are out of it as the odds of them finishing 4th are very remote given their projections and those of the other teams. So that leaves Liverpool.. West Ham and Leicester for 4th.

Granted the Leicester vs Newcastle and West ham vs Everton results were massive for Liverpool but given what West ham and Leicester are expected to end up as then it is still an uphill task for Liverpool. Its a value lay and an even better trade
Morbius

Forgot to mention Brighton... WBA and Southampton for West Ham. The United game this week is HUGE for Pool.... Get chinned in that and they can forget it
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

So I have! :D (Note to self, must try harder!)

The prices seem to be factoring in a Leicester collapse like last year and every journalist and pundit seems to be banging on about Leicester's tough run in but if you break it down It's probably not as tough as everyone's making out.

Utd are pretty much guaranteed to field a bunch of reserves and youngsters tomorrow (and as we all know you don't win anything with kids, especially that lot!). Then Leicester are away to Chelsea, three days after playing them in the FA cup final. You'd have to fancy Chelsea at Wembley and might still be hungover a few days later and will also have one eye on the Champions League final. Where it could get interesting would be if Chelsea drop points against Arsenal on Wednesday, that could drag them right back into the fight.

But all of the above is predicated on Liverpool winning all four of their games and I just don't see that happening. Liverpool are third in the form table but just not convincing in games and are giving away too many chances that somebody will surely take in these remaining fixtures. There is a scenario that Liverpool could win 3/4 and still get into the Top 4 but that's really hoping for results to go our way.

I can see us beating Utd on Thursday but then getting beaten by either West Brom or Burnley, or both!

But have to stay positive and all that! :D
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:49 pm
Morbius wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

So I have! :D (Note to self, must try harder!)

The prices seem to be factoring in a Leicester collapse like last year and every journalist and pundit seems to be banging on about Leicester's tough run in but if you break it down It's probably not as tough as everyone's making out.

Utd are pretty much guaranteed to field a bunch of reserves and youngsters tomorrow (and as we all know you don't win anything with kids, especially that lot!). Then Leicester are away to Chelsea, three days after playing them in the FA cup final. You'd have to fancy Chelsea at Wembley and might still be hungover a few days later and will also have one eye on the Champions League final. Where it could get interesting would be if Chelsea drop points against Arsenal on Wednesday, that could drag them right back into the fight.

But all of the above is predicated on Liverpool winning all four of their games and I just don't see that happening. Liverpool are third in the form table but just not convincing in games and are giving away too many chances that somebody will surely take in these remaining fixtures. There is a scenario that Liverpool could win 3/4 and still get into the Top 4 but that's really hoping for results to go our way.

I can see us beating Utd on Thursday but then getting beaten by either West Brom or Burnley, or both!

But have to stay positive and all that! :D

You don't think like an odds compiler Pat :D

But you're a trader so all you have to worry about is will Liverpools odds for this market be greater than 11/10 at some stage... All it would take is united taking the lead this thursday or Leicester winning or even leading at OT and your in profit. Old Bruno stepping up to convert a penalty against your lot on Thursday early on and you'd be chanting BRUNO BRUNO 🤣🤣

As I said the other day... I like to have a feeling that the odds are wrong for a trade and Liverpool can't be shorter than 6/4 for this market so if its a value bet then its a mega trade in my book. You already know I'm right from what you've said lol
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:27 pm
As I said the other day... I like to have a feeling that the odds are wrong for a trade and Liverpool can't be shorter than 6/4 for this market so if its a value bet then its a mega trade in my book. You already know I'm right from what you've said lol

I'm with you the odds should be at least 2.50 for me.

When the Utd team is announced tomorrow don't be surprised if they start heading that way :D
Dallas

Next Tuesday is going to be a good night with up to 10'000 fans finally allowed back in English stadiums
wearthefoxhat

Further evidence why the ESL was popular for some...

Juventus.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Football trading”