Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
footysystems

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:03 pm
footysystems wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:02 pm
Then an OG :shock:
VAR!!!! :shock:
That was a very close Dallas
Dallas

5 minutes of 'fun' or 'hell' - depending who you are :lol:
Trader Pat

Got to wonder what effect this will have on the Chelsea players ahead of the Champions League final.

From a LFC point of view I was kinda hoping for a Chelsea win, Leicester have a cloud to come down from now before Tuesday.
Last edited by Trader Pat on Sat May 15, 2021 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai

Delighted for Leicester and Brendao!

Trader Pat

:lol:
rhysc

Kai wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:14 pm
Delighted for Leicester and Brendao!

:lol:
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:21 pm
Morbius wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:07 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:55 pm
Inter available at 3.40 away to Juve :shock: Ridiculous odds.

Market seemed to think Conte was going to go easy on his old club but even after naming a full strength line up the odds have barely moved.

Forza Inter!

That's off but not by much Pat. I had them circa 9/4. Juve are playing for a CL place and lines have to be adjusted if a team has already secured the league. Mentally they are on a comedown. Pirlo has gone and the players wanted him out so you would expect a bounce. Look at Newcastle 3 City 4 last night. Would that result have happened several weeks ago. I left the Inter price alone as a value bet because the margin was too thin. But still tradable in play
Normally I'd agree with that logic but there's a couple of caveats to this game. I'd have them both around 2.62, Conte hasn't let them let up yet and the chance to effectively dump Juve and Ronaldo into the Europa League next season should have them motivated. Pirlo will get the bullet at the end of the season but he's still there for now.

Interesting game that. As a rule Pat there's usually a bounce when a team knows their manager is going even when he's still there. Ronaldo will be running that dressing room. Pirlo is just a lame duck now waiting to go. The motivation you mentioned for inter just wasn't strong enough after a season is effectively over.

Managers are like jockeys, only so much they can do. I thought the market priced it decently and my 9/4 price just wasn't wide enough to get me involved value wise. But the motivation for Juve was obvious so it was the goals markets I was interested in and laying the draw which I did at the start and at one all.

I was tempted to back the over 2.5 but didn't and for the life of me I don't know why. But I did use some profit to lay Leicester close to the finish so you can imagine what I'm feeling right now.

Fucxxxc VAR is world class for spotting when someone is 1mm offside but give it a decision that requires footballing knowledge and its as lame as the referrees are. I'm really pissed.... As in mad not sozzled
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:39 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:21 pm
Morbius wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:07 pm

That's off but not by much Pat. I had them circa 9/4. Juve are playing for a CL place and lines have to be adjusted if a team has already secured the league. Mentally they are on a comedown. Pirlo has gone and the players wanted him out so you would expect a bounce. Look at Newcastle 3 City 4 last night. Would that result have happened several weeks ago. I left the Inter price alone as a value bet because the margin was too thin. But still tradable in play
Normally I'd agree with that logic but there's a couple of caveats to this game. I'd have them both around 2.62, Conte hasn't let them let up yet and the chance to effectively dump Juve and Ronaldo into the Europa League next season should have them motivated. Pirlo will get the bullet at the end of the season but he's still there for now.

Interesting game that. As a rule Pat there's usually a bounce when a team knows their manager is going even when he's still there. Ronaldo will be running that dressing room. Pirlo is just a lame duck now waiting to go. The motivation you mentioned for inter just wasn't strong enough after a season is effectively over.

Managers are like jockeys, only so much they can do. I thought the market priced it decently and my 9/4 price just wasn't wide enough to get me involved value wise. But the motivation for Juve was obvious so it was the goals markets I was interested in and laying the draw which I did at the start and at one all.

I was tempted to back the over 2.5 but didn't and for the life of me I don't know why. But I did use some profit to lay Leicester close to the finish so you can imagine what I'm feeling right now.

Fucxxxc VAR is world class for spotting when someone is 1mm offside but give it a decision that requires footballing knowledge and its as lame as the referrees are. I'm really pissed.... As in mad not sozzled

Juve were of course motivated but so were inter, was a great game to watch. VAR heavily involved but the moment of the game for me was Pirlo taking Ronaldo off with 20 minutes to go. Probably only did it because he's a dead man walking but still its always nice to see an unhappy Ronaldo who in fairness didn't seem to sulk too much. Might hear later that he was carrying an injury or something but it didn't look like it.

I was switching back and forth between the 2 games and didn't have much riding on the FA cup final but was great to hear fans properly cheer again.
rhysc

Besiktas won Super Lig today. They won the title by 1 goal over Galatasaray.

Besiktas 26 wins, 8 draws and 6 defeats. Goal difference +45

Galatasaray 26 wins, 8 draws and 6 defeats. Goal difference +44.
Trader Pat

rhysc wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:13 pm
Besiktas won Super Lig today. They won the title by 1 goal over Galatasaray.

Besiktas 26 wins, 8 draws and 6 defeats. Goal difference +45

Galatasaray 26 wins, 8 draws and 6 defeats. Goal difference +44.
Ouch!
Derek27

That goal was painful for West Ham!
jamesg46

Nice video this week, thank you Pat for posting out the opportunity & congrats to whoever it was that had that trade!
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 7:05 pm
5 minutes of 'fun' or 'hell' - depending who you are :lol:
Well I 'fess up. I had a fair few pennies on Chelsea to win. Also backed penalty taken, Mount to score and first half goal.

Yup, couldn't have been more wrong!

CS
MemphisFlash

trying something today that i picked up from Peter's last video about Time in Play columns for horse racing
but adapting it for footy markets.
Will let you know the outcomes when i get some data.

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Realrocknrolla

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:48 am
trying something today that i picked up from Peter's last video about Time in Play columns for horse racing
but adapting it for footy markets.
Will let you know the outcomes when i get some data.

Capture.JPG
Decent

Return to “Football trading”