Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

Perfect timing, I just got matched on Rafa for a tenner a moment ago. How this market doesn't have more than 1k matched is beyond me.
Realrocknrolla

Kai wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:41 pm
Perfect timing, I just got matched on Rafa for a tenner a moment ago. How this market doesn't have more than 1k matched is beyond me.
👊👊👊
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:23 pm
Rafa coming into the Liverpool dressing room after the match

Not up to your usual wry comic standards. That victory gives me no special joy. I stand alongsde my merseyside friends. I take no pleasure in Everton being where they are. I do think Rafa is in the same mould as Fergie, Mourinho, Pep, Klopp. They are all frankly a bit mental. But that's what it takes to manage all these cosseted super-egos
Kai

Eh, you can enjoy a big win Mark, we won't think any less of you ;) I think it's okay to poke fun at most things, including rival clubs or your own club, or the absurdity of the situation like today, football is nothing without banter/fans :D

I personally don't have a reason to dislike Everton, the two Merseyside clubs are two sides of the same coin if you ask me. The only club that I have a strong personal dislike is City, purely for sportswashing reasons, and to a lesser extent Chelsea.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:39 pm
Eh, you can enjoy a big win Mark, we won't think any less of you ;) I think it's okay to poke fun at most things, including rival clubs or your own club, or the absurdity of the situation like today, football is nothing without banter/fans :D

I personally don't have a reason to dislike Everton, the two Merseyside clubs are two sides of the same coin if you ask me. The only club that I have a strong personal dislike is City, purely for sportswashing reasons, and to a lesser extent Chelsea.
What about Utd?! :shock:

For a Liverpool fan Utd should always be top of that list. Lost all respect for you Kai :)
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:52 pm
Nah, I've been quite happy with United in recent years, I have no quarrel with mid-table teams :D

But seriously, we've had these discussions before in this thread. We all have a strong bias against United, but I'm sure mostly for valid sporting reasons :) The industrial rivalry between the two port cities has been there long before football, so as the only real arch-rival with similar history and tradition you have to respect them as well. City and Chelsea on the other hand... not so much ;)
Kai

Tough fixture list continues for Everton, fanbase looks split on Rafa as anger mostly directed towards the board, he may be gone before Xmas

Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:36 am
Trader Pat wrote:
The industrial rivalry between the two port cities has been there long before football, so as the only real arch-rival with similar history and tradition you have to respect them as well. City and Chelsea on the other hand... not so much ;)
Nah... :D

Top 5 teams I love to hate...

1. Manchester United
2. Utd
3. Man Utd
4. Chelsea
5. Everton

City would probably be #6 on the list but I have a grudging respect for them mostly because of how they play.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:07 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:36 am
Trader Pat wrote:
The industrial rivalry between the two port cities has been there long before football, so as the only real arch-rival with similar history and tradition you have to respect them as well. City and Chelsea on the other hand... not so much ;)
Nah... :D

Top 5 teams I love to hate...

1. Manchester United
2. Utd
3. Man Utd
4. Chelsea
5. Everton

City would probably be #6 on the list but I have a grudging respect for them mostly because of how they play.
Fine, I hate United and I think SAF is the incarnation of the devil himself, ya happy now Pat? :lol:

But hate and respect are not mutually exclusive :D If you care to rise above football tribalism. Imagine respecting City!
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:24 pm
Fine, I hate United and I think SAF is the incarnation of the devil himself, ya happy now Pat? :lol:
That's more like it :D
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:38 pm
Kai wrote:
I may have told this story before but years ago when I played Football Manager as Liverpool the club became so powerful and rich that many United players wanted to join. So I bought out THEIR WHOLE SQUAD except Rooney who didn't want to join since he had Liverpool maxed out as a disliked club, and I let them rot in my reserves until I could sell them off.

Obviously, United tried replacing all of their players in the transfer market but I BLOCKED all of their transfers by outbidding them and then pulling out of deals in the last minute, so they ended up getting NO players in and had to play with kids only. They got relegated and were convincingly the worst team in the league.

I kinda broke the game, it was fun AF :lol:
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:49 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:38 pm
Kai wrote:
I may have told this story before but years ago when I played Football Manager as Liverpool the club became so powerful and rich that many United players wanted to join. So I bought out THEIR WHOLE SQUAD except Rooney who didn't want to join since he had Liverpool maxed out as a disliked club, and I let them rot in my reserves until I could sell them off.

Obviously, United tried replacing all of their players in the transfer market but I BLOCKED all of their transfers by outbidding them and then pulling out of deals in the last minute, so they ended up getting NO players in and had to play with kids only. They got relegated and were convincingly the worst team in the league.

I kinda broke the game, it was fun AF :lol:
That's just cruel! But I like the way you think :D
Derek27

Man U v Arsenal, 59 seconds behind on Prime.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:18 pm
Hardly Prime is it?
I saw the odds change before the Man U goal.
TBF I couldn't tell you the delay on Sky but I usually make my decisions within that delay. From what I was watching I didn't see that Utd goal coming even when the odds changed.

Edit: But I would say Utd players look like they know what's coming with Rangnick and are trying to impress him. But you don''t go from loafing to gegepressen in a few weeks.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:19 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:18 pm
Hardly Prime is it?
I saw the odds change before the Man U goal.
TBF I couldn't tell you the delay on Sky but I usually make my decisions within that delay. From what I was watching I didn't see that Utd goal coming even when the odds changed.
I was wondering why the odds didn't change much but had to wait a minute to realise it was questionable whether the goal would stand. Goalkeeper injured by his own teammate and on the floor as the ball flew in. Bizarrely, footballers who claim every throw-in/corner belongs to them looked as if they weren't expecting the goal to stand.

Prime is flipping useless - not even fit to be called "live", it's highlights. Or as David Colman would say, it's recorded live, err, as it happened. :lol:

Return to “Football trading”