Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Crumpets

I remember the USA women's national team lose to the Dallas U-15's lads.

Testosterone is one heck of a drug
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:46 pm
Can't ever see a woman in the Prem. An intriguing concept though.
How would it work? Women are (so far as my stupidity extends) are generally 10% less powerful than men.
So you couldn't place a swift forward female ahead of a male. And you coudn't place a tall girl in place of any man approaching the competence of virgil van dijk.
Or maybe I'm wrong. The changing room scenario would be interesting though.
'tis tough. i guess you look at messi and there's a guy (ultra talented, but diminutive) who would have been under the radar (in his early days) of many.

who the feck knows tbh.. all i know is that we're on the cusp off seeing sports men and woman across the disciplines that could party in either camp. it's definitely an open debate. gender aside, as an amateur in many sports (badminton, tennis, table tennis, squash, macramé), i often experience defeat from female opponents and definitely recognise it as being factuated (made up word) on their superior skill, mental agility and dogedness...

in short, I reckon the prem is ready for this kind of *shock*. certainly, a select few on the field tonite may be in league (pun intended) with some of these guys. of course, this won't happen tmro... but
greenmark

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:11 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:46 pm
Can't ever see a woman in the Prem. An intriguing concept though.
How would it work? Women are (so far as my stupidity extends) are generally 10% less powerful than men.
So you couldn't place a swift forward female ahead of a male. And you coudn't place a tall girl in place of any man approaching the competence of virgil van dijk.
Or maybe I'm wrong. The changing room scenario would be interesting though.
'tis tough. i guess you look at messi and there's a guy (ultra talented, but diminutive) who would have been under the radar (in his early days) of many.

who the feck knows tbh.. all i know is that we're on the cusp off seeing sports men and woman across the disciplines that could party in either camp. it's definitely an open debate. gender aside, as an amateur in many sports (badminton, tennis, table tennis, squash, macramé), i often experience defeat from female opponents and definitely recognise it as being factuated (made up word) on their superior skill, mental agility and dogedness...

in short, I reckon the prem is ready for this kind of *shock*. certainly, a select few on the field tonite may be in league (pun intended) with some of these guys. of course, this won't happen tmro... but
I too have played against ladies and realised if we had had the same physicality I'd have been toast. I was able to bully almost all except for one.
She was short, quite plump, but was fast across a squash court and could drop, lob and make the ball cling to the wall brilliantly. So perhaps you are right that we should open up our thinking.
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:20 pm
I was able to bully almost all except for one.
and SHE married you :D
greenmark

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:45 pm
greenmark wrote:
No, but the other two girls I had a squashy struggle with (that sounds a bit disgusting, but anyway) I would have had a relationship with at the drop of a hat. Legs, eyes and things. Fwooaarr!!!
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:51 pm
jimibt wrote:
greenmark wrote:
No, but the other two girls I had a squashy struggle with (that sounds a bit disgusting, but anyway) I would have had a relationship with at the drop of a hat. Legs, eyes and things. Fwooaarr!!!
lol.. bet you can't say that about your male opponents, or if you can, who cares!!
greenmark

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 pm
greenmark wrote:
jimibt wrote:

lol.. bet you can't say that about your male opponents, or if you can, who cares!!
Indeed. Some of my male opponents were frankly disgusting. Showering with blokes isn't my thing but if the alternative is climbing into a car for a sweaty, unshowered journey home I'll take it. I was surprised over the last decade of my sporting exploits that my "right-on" young team-mates were happy to drive home soggy with sweat. What were they afraid of I wonder?
jimibt

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:06 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 pm
greenmark wrote:

Indeed. Some of my male opponents were frankly disgusting. Showering with blokes isn't my thing but if the alternative is climbing into a car for a sweaty, unshowered journey home I'll take it. I was surprised over the last decade of my sporting exploits that my "right-on" young team-mates were happy to drive home soggy with sweat. What were they afraid of I wonder?
if you've got a spare 45 mins, tonite's moral maze on R4 was decent.. not so much sweaty sensitivites as cancel culture and where do we stop. no conclusion as ever, but great points raised: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0018xfd
Derek27

"Tackled yesterday, went down today". :lol:
Derek27

Imagine scoring a goal and finding 7 girls on top of you. :D
Crumpets

Almost worth moving to Sweden, wearing a wig, then kicking a footy around in the slight hope of getting scouted. Bit of a long shot, but I've done it before
Derek27

It's amazing how the French can be so formidable, ruthless and sexy at the same time. :D
Derek27

I've noticed at halftime you sometimes have to refresh the page to get the match view graphic working again.
MakeThat$$$

cant believe Molde got u2,5 and no btts
Derek27

Laying under 1.5 and getting a goal in the first minute is like premature ejaculation. Great that you've won but the fun's over as it begins. :lol:

Return to “Football trading”