Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:29 pm
Newcastle being favourite v Chelsea is very complimentary to Howe and his team. I don't think Chelsea are as bad as the odds suggest. But they look less than the sum of their parts at present and that's down to the manager. His clock is ticking already.
Ye, a lot going on today.

Chelsea went through a lot lately so looks like a transitional season with this makeshift squad, rotten run of form lately.

Haaland was back for City and they still lost, Brentford created like 6 big chances and Toney shoulda bagged a hat-trick.

Saints had a real go today and if they were slightly more clinical could have gotten a result as well.

Spurs hanging on with yet another comeback, maybe great for trading but they can't keep getting away with that.

No easy points anywhere in this league.
Dublin_Flyer

Kai wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:42 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:29 pm
Newcastle being favourite v Chelsea is very complimentary to Howe and his team. I don't think Chelsea are as bad as the odds suggest. But they look less than the sum of their parts at present and that's down to the manager. His clock is ticking already.

No easy points anywhere in this league.
Easy 3 points for Fulham tomorrow though. Mitrovic to be booked, sent off, and score. Hopefully in that order :shock: :lol:
Kai

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:06 pm
Easy 3 points for Fulham tomorrow though. Mitrovic to be booked, sent off, and score. Hopefully in that order :shock: :lol:
Even United aren't pushovers anymore :D But sadly Mitrovic is out for tomorrow and a doubt for Qatar as well.
greenmark

Well, well! Toon 1-0 up. There's something going on up there and I'm pleased for 'em. The support and history has always been there. Now they have money (from dubious sources, of course) and a manager that has looked competent and loyal to his team for a long time.
Hope I don't jinx this.
Kai

England's two best managers for me, will be interesting to see how they both do
Dublin_Flyer

Just got a stream to load for the game, NBC. One commentator calls the Chelsea player CucareYA, his colleague calls him Cucarella 5 seconds later. Reminds me of the arguments in school over whether that Dutch lad was pronounced Gullit or Hullit :lol:
greenmark

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:18 pm
Just got a stream to load for the game, NBC. One commentator calls the Chelsea player CucareYA, his colleague calls him Cucarella 5 seconds later. Reminds me of the arguments in school over whether that Dutch lad was pronounced Gullit or Hullit :lol:
Had a workmate and squash pal form NI that used to to tease me with the pronunciation of his surname Strachan. We all called him "Stracken", he claimed it was Strahaan. What's in a name? He also used to joke when someone upset him that he would send them a present and it would be ticking. But he was a lovely fella. When I was in dire straits he lent me a load of books that kept me sane.
Archangel

Newcastle up to third, well deserved
Chelsea down in eight, also well deserved
Kai

Archangel wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:56 pm
Newcastle up to third, well deserved
Chelsea down in eight, also well deserved
Brighton is just above them in the table, on goal difference and with a game in hand. Awkward
Euler

Still confused why they sacked Tuchel after a dip in form.

As for Lampard, surely toast.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:15 pm
Still confused why they sacked Tuchel after a dip in form.

As for Lampard, surely toast.
I got the impression Tuchel's intense and direct style got the thumbs down from the dressing room.
Modern players are odd beasts. They have to be smart and dedicated but they can't take any sort of criticism (constructive or not).
There is a connection between Tuchel and Lampard - an apparent willingness to criticise his players in public.
Moyes and Ten Hag are getting near the edge too.

BTW Brighton have just been robbed of a penalty by ref and VAR. I'd like VAR to have to explain those decisions. Perhaps there is a worry that fans will go berserk, but you can't make policy decisions based on the potential misbehaviour of a few halfwits.
Kai

Shots fired :shock:

jd28

Kai wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:13 am
Shots fired :shock:

He comes across as egomaniacal, selfish and unable to deal with rejection...Shocked....You think you know someone... :D
Kai

jd28 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:20 pm
He comes across as egomaniacal, selfish and unable to deal with rejection...Shocked....You think you know someone... :D
Oh yeah, he doesn't take rejection well at all :lol: This interview should almost be used as proof in his rape case, seems evidence enough to reopen the case.

Judge : "A good looking wealthy guy like you can have 99% of the women out there."

Ronaldo : "But I am a perfectionist!!!"
jd28

Kai wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:32 pm
jd28 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:20 pm
Oh yeah, he doesn't take rejection well at all :lol: This interview should almost be used as proof in his rape case, seems evidence enough to reopen the case.

Judge : "A good looking wealthy guy like you can have 99% of the women out there."

Ronaldo : "But I am a perfectionist!!!"
Ha - exactly! He could probably call Piers Morgan up as a witness for the defence, as he was probably somewhere up Ronaldo's arse on the night in question..

Return to “Football trading”