Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

FFS, an hour late!
Euler

The nations league feels like the league cup of international football.
greenmark

Oh Harry. German defender was already waving innocence as he hit the ground.
Great pen for Harry.
When he's on it, he's brilliant.
And, reluctantly, would have to say Grealish has done well.
Derek27

flipping hell, I'm the only one that's got a bet in this market. :lol:
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

I see now, that £4.68 lay on over 0.5 was taken after a goal was scored when the market hadn't gone in play. :lol:
On_The_Edge

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:40 am
I see now, that £4.68 lay on over 0.5 was taken after a goal was scored when the market hadn't gone in play. :lol:
You often tend to trade late evening matches - what do you do when the market gets suspended for no reason? During daytime hours I usually contact Betfair help on twitter, who are pretty decent at passing these requests to the trading team.

But at night betfair twitter is closed and I have to resort to the Betfair help chat on Betfair's site; however they are worse than useless - I tried several times explaining to them that the some live market is suspended and asked them to forward this notification to their traders, but they simply refuse to understand / refuse to contact their traders with my requests.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:50 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:40 am
You often tend to trade late evening matches - what do you do when the market gets suspended for no reason? During daytime hours I usually contact Betfair help on twitter, who are pretty decent at passing these requests to the trading team.

But at night betfair twitter is closed and I have to resort to the Betfair help chat on Betfair's site; however they are worse than useless - I tried several times explaining to them that the some live market is suspended and asked them to forward this notification to their traders, but they simply refuse to understand / refuse to contact their traders with my requests.
I've just contacted the chat line and they were quite good, on this occasion. They asked me to wait while they contact the relevant department but I found my bet in the graphic I just posted has been voided and somehow my o/u 4.5 position has been reduced to a few quid of bets that were matched before kick-off. I presume only bets after the match has started were voided.

The chat facility is really a lucky dip. Usually they're next to useless but sometimes you get helpful people. I'm just experimenting with a few ideas on these obscure markets to see if it's worthwhile trading or automating them but I usually trade matches with pics.
Derek27

I'm sure there's value to be had trading the obscure under 0.5 markets. Many seem to have goal expectancy grossly higher than they work out.

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Same match. I'm gonna have to investigate these bum-grade leagues for betting purposes. :D

Capture.GIF
Trader Pat

I thought I was done obsessing about football for a couple of months but now I'm obsessing about this Darwin Nunez tug of war between Liverpool and Utd :shock:
Derek27

French police chief apologises for gassing innocent Liverpool fans and their children but insists "there was no other way".

No other way to achieve what? :roll:
Trader Pat

Not much steel in that England team apart from Rice
jamesg46

Every time i see Harry Maguire a mental image of Dennis The Menace pops into my mind.
Euler

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:39 pm
No creativity either
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:37 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:39 pm
No creativity either
I suppose you could put some of it down to personnel and it being the end of a long season but as a neutral I'd like to see them being a bit more adventurous. England always seem to play with the handbrake on.

The other thing is you're playing against the team that beat you in the final of the Euro's. You're never going to get revenge for that in a Nations League game but I thought there would be a bit more fight about them.

Return to “Football trading”