Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
greenmark

Fulham disallowed goal was ridiculous. Arm by side. Ball pinged at him from short range, Would have had to to raise his arm to an unnatural position to avoid contact with the ball to get out of the way.
Not a "clear and obvious error' that needed correcting.
VAR is a load of inconsistent crap in it's implementation.
wearthefoxhat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:11 am
Fulham disallowed goal was ridiculous. Arm by side. Ball pinged at him from short range, Would have had to to raise his arm to an unnatural position to avoid contact with the ball to get out of the way.

It's important for the actual referee (and FA/FIFA) to remember that VAR stands for...

Video Assistant Referee

A linesman (assistant) gets over-ruled at times, yes, the actual ref can consider their flag/or no flag, but makes the decision. It needs to be reviewed on those lines...simples...
greenmark

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:36 am
greenmark wrote:

It's important for the actual referee (and FA/FIFA) to remember that VAR stands for...

Video Assistant Referee

A linesman (assistant) gets over-ruled at times, yes, the actual ref can consider their flag/or no flag, but makes the decision. It needs to be reviewed on those lines...simples...
Turns out it was the correct decision. Apparently the rules on handball have changed. If the ball strikes an attacking players arm at all and it leads to a goal, the goal is ruled out, regardless of the position of the arm or whether deemed to be intentional or not. But the same no longer applies to defenders. They have now reverted to arm position and intent as being factors.
So VAR was right, I was wrong, but the rule is silly.
Trader Pat

Liverpool as short as 2.32 to finish in the Top 4 :shock: Should be closer to 3 for me.

People seem to be factoring in our run in compared to others teams around us but forgetting the fact that we don't look like bating anybody at the moment
Derek27

Croatia's not listed in the filter by country settings!
Trader Pat

Further proof that the world is gone mad Loris Karius is being linked with Bayern Munich!
greenmark

greenmark wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:03 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:36 am
greenmark wrote:

Video Assistant Referee

Turns out it was the correct decision. Apparently the rules on handball have changed. If the ball strikes an attacking players arm at all and it leads to a goal, the goal is ruled out, regardless of the position of the arm or whether deemed to be intentional or not. But the same no longer applies to defenders. They have now reverted to arm position and intent as being factors.
So VAR was right, I was wrong, but the rule is silly.
Good grief, I feel faint.
They've changed the rule .
"Handball rule changed as football's law makers Ifab confirms new accidental ruling"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56291850
Oh well, credit where credit's due. Well done ifab!
wearthefoxhat

Could it really happen?

soton.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

Defeat today to Sheff Utd, and I'd definitely say "yes" it could happen
sionascaig

I can see the euros being cancelled in scotland givens the scenes this morning...

https://twitter.com/FootballJOE/status/ ... 140?s=1002
Trader Pat

I'm officially done watching the Premier League for the rest of the season.

Beyond painful at this stage.
Dallas

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:11 pm
I'm officially done watching the Premier League for the rest of the season.

Beyond painful at this stage.
Greatest crash and burn of any reigning PL/Division 1 champions ever!

And not just the reigning champions but when you think they'd never beaten at home in the league in 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and first half of 2020/21 - setting a new record
Then in 2021 we have 1 Draw and 6 losses from the first 7 games - and set another new record!

I blame it all on Southampton!!
Since the defeat there on 4th Jan this year all four wheels have feel off along with the exhaust, suspension and now even the engine's fell out
Trader Pat

It's a hell of a fall from grace.

What I'd like to see just once is Klopp coming out after the game and laying into the players. Listening to his post match interviews he's been sounding defeated for a while now.

Might have to make the champions wall a little wider for this new UEFA Conference League it looks like we're heading into!
wearthefoxhat

Jurgen Klopp counting up the number of consecutive home defeats at Anfield.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1368590667358822402
MemphisFlash

As Mr Punch would say

"That's The way to Do It"
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Football trading”