Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

Woeful football match, I barely saw much of it, xG must be crap too.
Trader Pat

Emery's response
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morbius

Euler wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:53 pm
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:50 pm
Arsenal don't deserve this.... Pathetic game stats for a semi final
Y, they look disorganised and not up for it. You wouldn't think they only needed one goal.

I would be surprised now if Arteta is there next season. Two seasons running they haven't even sniffed the top four. The FA Cup win bought him time and the belief that they may be building something even though the Cup means little really but they have regressed this season. However their expenditure dictates their position really so its not all his fault... But he's still a gonna for me
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 pm
Emery's response
:lol:

He's gotta win the whole thing now! We can't have United winning :twisted:
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 pm
Emery's response
:lol:

He's gotta win the whole thing now! We can't have United winning :twisted:
Liverpool scraping into the top 4, Villareal and Chelsea winning their finals... almost worthy of a banner on the Kop!
Morbius

Dinamo Zagreb 3 Tottenham 0 and no trophy since 2008

Arsenal 9th in the league and one goal on target at home vs a team nowhere near top four in their own league.

ESL material..... YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:00 pm
I would be surprised now if Arteta is there next season. Two seasons running they haven't even sniffed the top four. The FA Cup win bought him time and the belief that they may be building something even though the Cup means little really but they have regressed this season. However their expenditure dictates their position really so its not all his fault... But he's still a gonna for me
Fair assessment.

I think the problem if you're an Arsenal fan is you have an owner who doesn't want to spend the finances it will take to get them into the Top 4 conversation and what top coach would be interested in taking the job on with that squad?

Having said that Benitez is itching for a move back to the Premier League so maybe its a job for Super Rafa?!
Kai

Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:13 pm
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:00 pm
Fair assessment.

I think the problem if you're an Arsenal fan is you have an owner who doesn't want to spend the finances it will take to get them into the Top 4 conversation and what top coach would be interested in taking the job on with that squad?

Having said that Benitez is itching for a move back to the Premier League so maybe its a job for Super Rafa?!

Yeah you've nailed it Pat really. The other top clubs have blown them away in spending power and these owners decided not to engage in that "arms race". It's been a slow slide since Abramovich went to Chelsea and suddenly two teams were competing for the title against Arsenal and not just United and then came City. Top players won't sign for teams who are now 17 years without a title and no CL. So they are getting lower calibre players year on year. They are a cup side now and no more. They are living on name only
Morbius

"OVER TWO LEGS WE DESERVED TO WIN"....... Arteta

BS..... just listening to Lee Dixon now and he's hammering him and not surprised :o
Morbius

Right it's past my bed time.... Night lads
Trader Pat

Good read this for Liverpool fans, interesting insight into 'that' comeback from a Barcelona point of view

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... a-18205436

Happier times :D
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:52 pm
Good read this for Liverpool fans, interesting insight into 'that' comeback from a Barcelona point of view

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... a-18205436

Happier times :D

Great read Pat.. Don't worry pal. You're "happier times were only a short while ago unlike Arsenal's who were 2004 :lol:

That was one of those games where you recall where you were when you watched it like the Milan final and United in 99 or even Owens goal in St Ettiene when Kai was only in nappies lol

What that game indicates to me is the slide of Barcelona. That followed the 3-0 loss against Roma from a 4-1 first leg lead. They haven't even been in the final since 2015. They are a spent force in the higher echelons of CL football and think about where they were between 2009-15. Three CL titles in that time. Walloped at home by PSG this year who in turn were beaten easily by City.

This is a trend and is why IMO Neymar and Suarez left. Messi at 33 has been on the wane for a while and he's lost a yard but that's to be expected. Remember the 8-2 loss to BM last year. Was a spine tingling night though and an amazing 24 hours with Ajax vs Spurs game the following night
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:29 pm
Was a spine tingling night though and an amazing 24 hours with Ajax vs Spurs game the following night
Was also an amazing 24 hours for the Madrid hospitality industry :D
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:55 pm
Morbius wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:29 pm
Was a spine tingling night though and an amazing 24 hours with Ajax vs Spurs game the following night
Was also an amazing 24 hours for the Madrid hospitality industry :D

Yeah... Apologies if Carl's cold analytic style seemingly diluted the achievement :D

Been following European football for a long time and in terms of drama from start to finish of a match its tough to surpass. It would take some event back in 2005 to beat it but for the life of me I can't remember who was in the champions league final in Istanbul 😁

Return to “Football trading”