Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
weemac

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:00 pm
weemac wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:53 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:30 pm
I love a goal against the run of play when trading the OU markets. :)
What difference does it make who scores?
It makes another goal more likely and the under price goes higher than it would have done if the fav scores, with the fav pushing hard for an equalizer instead of sitting on their lead. Think it just makes a more interesting market.
Mmmhh, hadn't realised that. I keep sticking with CS where O/U is prob better.
greenmark

Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:49 am
Palace sacked Vieira. I know there on a bad run but I'm not so sure about this one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64972447
Hodgson the early front runner.
He likes to keep things tight, but is becoming a draw machine going to do the trick?

Plus Palace have had a tough fixture list since the New Year so it looks a whole lot worse than the reality. Now heading into playing their relegation opponents almost to the end of the season. Was Vieria ejected too soon?
Derek27

weemac wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:05 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:00 pm
weemac wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:53 pm

What difference does it make who scores?
It makes another goal more likely and the under price goes higher than it would have done if the fav scores, with the fav pushing hard for an equalizer instead of sitting on their lead. Think it just makes a more interesting market.
Mmmhh, hadn't realised that. I keep sticking with CS where O/U is prob better.
I had a wee dabble on the CS market but never really got into it. I found all the activity was spread over too many selections instead of focused on the 2 or 3 in the OU and match markets.
weemac

With CS, you can formulate your own O/U book, say favouring 1-0 / 0-1 / 2-0 more than 0-0 /1-1 / 0-2, or whatever tickles your fancy.
Derek27

A handball and a foul in one is pretty good going. I wonder if it's possible to get one yellow for the handball and one for the foul. :lol:
greenmark

Ooh that handball for the Newcastle pen. You can't wave your arm about like that. It looks like a gamble to block and he got caught out.
Michael5482

greenmark wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 pm
Ooh that handball for the Newcastle pen. You can't wave your arm about like that. It looks like a gamble to block and he got caught out.
Very silly especially in stoppage time. Newcastle deserved the win, far better side. That 4th place is right up for grabs. Going to be a fantastic end to the season at both ends, plenty of drama left.
greenmark

Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 pm
Very silly especially in stoppage time. Newcastle deserved the win, far better side. That 4th place is right up for grabs. Going to be a fantastic end to the season at both ends, plenty of drama left.
LFC hopes that NUFC would droop (Ok my hopes) have been trashed by that performance. Good throughout and gutsy to win in the end. Humph!!!!!
greenmark

Motherwell v Rangers suspended for way after Motherwell equalise. Finally unsuspends. Then Rangers score (on the tv feed) and the market remains unsupended. Who are these idiots?
Michael5482

greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:54 pm
Motherwell v Rangers suspended for way after Motherwell equalise. Finally unsuspends. Then Rangers score (on the tv feed) and the market remains unsupended. Who are these idiots?
Betfair regularly advertise there cash out any time feature but fail to mention it's regularly unavailable in football markets due to incompetence or lack of comms :lol: should be done for false advertising :lol:
Derek27

Michael5482 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:37 pm
greenmark wrote:
Betfair regularly advertise there cash out any time feature but fail to mention it's regularly unavailable in football markets due to incompetence or lack of comms :lol: should be done for false advertising :lol:
Betfair once said on Twitter following an outage that the exchange is for betting only, you shouldn't rely on being able to cash out (or words to that effect), but the comment was soon taken down. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:02 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Betfair once said on Twitter following an outage that the exchange is for betting only, you shouldn't rely on being able to cash out (or words to that effect), but the comment was soon taken down. :lol:
They get away with a lot. I wonder why. Friends in high places or regulators that are corrupt, stupid or asleep. If ony they dedicated as much energy to probity as they do to "safe gambling" which is a topnotch oxymoron.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:41 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Michael5482 wrote:

They get away with a lot. I wonder why. Friends in high places or regulators that are corrupt, stupid or asleep. If ony they dedicated as much energy to probity as they do to "safe gambling" which is a topnotch oxymoron.
It's incompetence and poor training. I once started a new job and my boss told me, the first thing you need to learn when you work here is that outside of these four walls, everyone's an arsehole. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:10 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

It's incompetence and poor training. I once started a new job and my boss told me, the first thing you need to learn when you work here is that outside of these four walls, everyone's an arsehole. :)
Wow. That would have freaked me out. "Everyone". Depressing stuff.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:17 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:10 pm
greenmark wrote:

Wow. That would have freaked me out. "Everyone". Depressing stuff.
It was a bit tongue in cheek, but surely if a few of us were working in a Betfair CS office we'd be saying the same thing.

As Charlton Heston alluded to in Planet of the Apes, if that's the best they've got, a year from now we'll be running the company. :D

Return to “Football trading”