Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
eightbo

To those more experienced than I, do Premier League games ever start early - even if by a few seconds ?
Cheers
Derek27

I had some pretty dreadful luck yesterday with a second goal going against me before managed to get out of a losing position, twice in succession, but today it's happened in my favour. :D
Dallas

eightbo wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:32 pm
To those more experienced than I, do Premier League games ever start early - even if by a few seconds ?
Cheers
Never seen it happen.

When watching on TV you'll often see players at the centre spot waiting 20-30secs with their foot on the ball for the actual KO time
Kai

Jota will take Firmino's place at this rate, what a signing he has been.
eightbo

sweet ty Dallas
Kafkaesque

eightbo wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:32 pm
Cheers
Whether it ever starts a few seconds early is a tough ask. What I can say beyond doubt is that they'll never, ever start early and willy nilly, just because the teams and refs came out early.

Once the teams are ready to go, you'll see the ref look at the sideline rather than the teams. What he's looking at is a signal to go ahead from someone in charge of being in contact with TV stations (the ones paying the big money anyway) to make sure, they don't start early, ie. before TV is out of commercials. Aaaaaaaah moooooney :)
eightbo

it's the professional thing to do, ads or nought
Derek27

I've upgraded my package to include all the Sky Sports channels so I can watch the Arsenal match, but I've overlooked the BT channels that sometimes monopolise the football.
Derek27

FFS, what's Live: Renault Super Sunday?? Can they not just say football in the TV guide?

I past it over thinking it was motor racing!
Derek27

What a contrast to South America, real money flowing through the market like a river. :D
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:21 pm
I've upgraded my package to include all the Sky Sports channels so I can watch the Arsenal match, but I've overlooked the BT channels that sometimes monopolise the football.
In December Amazon Prime have 20 games live.
MemphisFlash

Thank you Paul Pogba

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Tambov 1 - 2 Dynamo Moscow

What a bonkers game of football!

Tambov go a goal down after 8 minutes, then get 2 men sent of in the second half, equalise from the penalty spot after 64 minutes, go 2-1 down thanks to a 93rd minute penalty and then get a chance to salvage a draw from the penalty spot after 99 minutes.... they missed!
Derek27

Looking forward to trading more premiership football but I can't honestly say the game's as fast and exciting as South American football, or maybe I'm being deceived by the frantic supercharged SA commentators. :)
Korattt

considering the passing of Nobby Stiles & the sad news about the health of Sir Bobby Charlton it shouldn’t have mattered who were put in front of United today, we should have won, I know you go out to win anyway but such circumstances should have given them much more of a reason to win.. so disappointed, why on earth Pogba was bought back for £90m I don’t know, Luke Shaw is not the same player since he had that bad injury, (never rated him anyway), should have got rid of de Gea had it not been for that poxy faulty Spanish fax machine, kept Romero, (best South American player United have had since Tevez), as for top four we can forget it, we’re a long way behind half the teams in that league at the moment, even behind that lot from Yorkshire

Rant over

Return to “Football trading”