Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

England never seem direct enough in these sorts of matches.
greenmark

Makes you wonder waht the players have been told to do. This is Englands B team but they're way better than the opposition. But it doesn't show. They should go full throttle. If things go wrong. There's a bench of quality to retrieve the situation.
First 5 of the second half will tell us all we need to know.
Emmson

Euler wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:47 pm
England never seem direct enough in these sorts of matches.
Peter Withe & Mark Hateley and some long ball may have worked a treat. :D
Trader Pat

Its hard to criticise a coach who just got his team to a Euro's final but even as an Irishman when I watch England play I just wish he'd take the handbrake off.

They'll probably go on to win 4-5 nil but one shot on target in the first half against a proper minnow team isn't great.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:08 pm
Its hard to criticise a coach who just got his team to a Euro's final but even as an Irishman when I watch England play I just wish he'd take the handbrake off.

They'll probably go on to win 4-5 nil but one shot on target in the first half against a proper minnow team isn't great.
For certain. 1-0 will be panned tomorrow.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:11 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

A country like England with that talent pool to choose from could be world beaters with a 'progressive' coach.

Not sure the FA will ever choose a coach like that, at least not this FA. Maybe that's where the changes need to happen but who chooses the FA?
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:11 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

A country like England with that talent pool to choose from could be world beaters with a 'progressive' coach.

Not sure the FA will ever choose a coach like that, at least not this FA. Maybe that's where the changes need to happen but who chooses the FA?
Indeed. Gareth is the golden boy because he's clever, cautious, media friendly, safe and has a pretty decent group to choose from.
Personally, I like him a lot. He's got guts. I've seen him play live and he was a superb athlete.
But all that aside. Hes there becuase of the abject failure since Robson and then before.
Being a non-nationalist I've often fantasised about a GB and Ireland team. But FIFA/UEFA would never allow that because they know we'd rule the world.
Dublin_Flyer

greenmark wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:06 pm
Being a non-nationalist I've often fantasised about a GB and Ireland team. But FIFA/UEFA would never allow that because they know we'd rule the world.
It would be fantastic to watch but even the individual FA's wouldn't go with it. There's too many in the IFA/FAI/SFA/FAW and FA on the gravy train to let it happen, they'd be risking their own job to go for it as there'd be 5 people going for every position. It's a possibility in the far future, but I can't see it in our generation, only non-sanctioned games like charity games or testimonials.
Dublin_Flyer

Brazil v Argentina interrupted after health officials came on the pitch to detain the Argentina UK based players for not quarantining, madness Ted! :lol:
Trader Pat

The Premier League clubs who refused to release Brazilian players won't be able to play them at the weekend.

Club it affects most is Liverpool who won't be able to play Alisson & Fabinho (Firmino as well but he's injured anyway) Also Leeds won't be able to play Raphinha so the Leeds - Liverpool game is the one most affected.

City will be without Ederson and Jesus for their game with Leicester but it's the Liverpool price I'll be keeping an eye on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Thankyou Harry Kane. Screamer. Don''t think Szczesny was expectinng that.
wearthefoxhat

Six pointer today....

Table.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Arteta surely gone if he can't get three points today.
wearthefoxhat

Juventus without Ronaldo, maybe he could already see the cracks appearing....

Juventus.png
firlandsfarm

Euler wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:08 pm
Arteta surely gone if he can't get three points today.
He got 3 points but one goal against the 2nd bottom team who had conceded 10 goals! Hardly impressive.

Return to “Football trading”