Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

This is getting flipping ridiculous, if it wasn't already! Sole afternoon Brazilian match and it's suspended from the whistle. :x
Derek27

Now they're not suspending or closing markets after a goal.
greenmark

1.23 for England? In a friendly ahead of the biggest tournament for years? Are Romania that bad? They used to be very technical and tricky.
Derek27

What is the flipping point in having a match on the Sky red button if they start coverage halfway into the match??
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:47 pm
Now they're not suspending or closing markets after a goal.
I backed the under 2.5 market probably a second after a goal was scored, and redded-up. Later found they voided all bets after the goal, leaving me in the green. :)
Realrocknrolla

Belgium 🇧🇪 look like a good team for this competition coming up

Can see Lukaku getting golden boot 🥾
Derek27

Poor old Cyprus down to 10 men with an injured goalie. My over 3.5 looks good now. :D
Derek27

I was expecting a lot of goals in the Germany v Latvia match, but FFS, give me a chance to grab my profit before scoring another one. :lol:
Derek27

It's quite ironic when a fight breaks out in a 'friendly' match - they should be called competition-free matches.
Kai

Betfair made a right meal of the Spain v Lithuania friendly market yesterday that had around 100K matched, they decided to close and void it and now I see they open a new Spain (U21) v Lithuania market today. The convenient part is that I was looking at several hundred profit to begin with on the first market so hard not to feel a bit aggrieved.

How valid was that decision on their part? Didn't they leave the market open other times like when Liverpool U21 played Aston Villa in a cup game? I remember similar circumstances and trading opportunities there but don't know what to objectively think here.

The context here is that Sergio Busquets tested positive for Covid-19 but the whole Spanish team went into quarantine mode so they're sending their U21's to play that match against Lithuania today.
weemac

It's a tough one alright - quite possibly a first. IIRC Liverpool just unofficially fielded a weak team (who happened to be U21). I might be wrong, but this one appears to be an entirely new, officially sanctioned, replacement fixture.

If so, I reckon BF have done the right thing in re-starting from scratch.
Kai

Hard to find info but apparently the Spanish Federation has consulted whether in official terms the match will count for the players as an absolute international or Under-21 and FIFA confirmed late in the afternoon on Monday that the match is absolute for all purposes, so looks like there will be at least 16 debutants for the Spanish national team.

The clubs are apparently angry because this would mean they have to pay out special clauses and bonuses to those debuting for the senior team, when they don't really deserve those call-ups.

Meanwhile Betfair closed the market around 13:00 on Monday, looks like before the FIFA confirmation. So if the above is correct, the match shouldn't be called Spain U21 v Lithuania.

I accepted the decision right away and asked them to open a new market at least, I had a feeling the market might not stand and didn't catch the initial price correction but was active afterwards when I saw a lively market, I would just like to know for the future whether this was another Betfair cock-up of sorts or whether it's standard procedure.
Derek27

Either a bot's running amok on the Venezuela-Uruguay match or someone's watching the wrong match. :lol:
Derek27

FFS, the market's suspended more often than not!
Kai

Markets and betfair have been fukcing garbage last few days and Euros are taking forever to start

Return to “Football trading”