Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
wearthefoxhat

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:10 am
Claudio Ranieri has already been matched at 5.00JFav to be the 'Next Manager to Leave Position' :lol: :lol:

I know the market is in it's infancy, but what a joke of a club this makes Watford look.....they are still 4pts clear of the drop zone.
What the heck are their owners expecting?
They've sacked 15 or so managers in 10 years or so.

Probably should have stuck with Sean Dyche.... :roll:

Watford.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:59 am
convoysur-2 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:01 am
Hi
I was trading a game tonight and just before Ht a goal came. So jumped in to have a couple of quick scalps. 2 mins later the goal was Disallowed. So the overs i was trading went from 1.3 to around ,1.7 leaving me with a red of 77 euro. I had thought that betfair had stoped this shit by cancelling trades when this happened. Long story short i want some money back. I know its happened to lots of traders on here before. Is there a topic thread for it? I wanted to know whats my best way forward with betfair correspondence. As if i talk to chat ill just get all the excuses and third party disclaimer bullshit like always. Any advice welcome. Ive been caught out with this countless times now. Thanks in advance.
I can fully understand the frustration and feeling of unfair treatment you, I and others feel when this happens but what else can Bf do? They can't let a goal stand when officially ruled out ... maybe they could look at a duplicate market settling bets based on goals awarded by the ref but does it happen often enough to warrant that?
The issue convoysur-2 is complaining about is that Betfair didn't void the bet he placed in accordance with their rules.

Personally, I'd rather they just stopped managing goals/VARs if they can't do it properly and let all bets stand. At least that way we'd all know what the situation and risk is.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:48 pm
The issue convoysur-2 is complaining about is that Betfair didn't void the bet he placed in accordance with their rules.

Personally, I'd rather they just stopped managing goals/VARs if they can't do it properly and let all bets stand. At least that way we'd all know what the situation and risk is.
Ah, OK. Sorry but I must admit I am not sure of the details around such an event because I have only been caught out once. I would have thought they should void all bets from when the goal 'was scored' and VAR overturning it.
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:09 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Ah, OK. Sorry but I must admit I am not sure of the details around such an event because I have only been caught out once. I would have thought they should void all bets from when the goal 'was scored' and VAR overturning it.
Or perhaps the rules should be based on the referee's decision, not VAR. In the aftermath of a goal awarded by a ref, lots of people will be making other bets based on the supposed goal and left high and dry if VAR overturns it.
There is a caveat here that we all now know this can happen, so we should factor that eventuality into what bets we place.
Maybe the solution is as simple as, if the ref awards a goal, its a goal in terms of the bets placed.
Who loses if we ignore VAR?
Gets more complex with under/overs but that's not my problem. :-)
firlandsfarm

greenmark wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:36 pm
Or perhaps the rules should be based on the referee's decision, not VAR. In the aftermath of a goal awarded by a ref, lots of people will be making other bets based on the supposed goal and left high and dry if VAR overturns it.
There is a caveat here that we all now know this can happen, so we should factor that eventuality into what bets we place.
Maybe the solution is as simple as, if the ref awards a goal, its a goal in terms of the bets placed.
I don't see how the bets can be settled on the ref's decisions without regard to the official result. That could change the outcome of every market on the match! But as I proposed maybe there could be limited dual markets based on ref's decisions.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

That's what they should do according to their rules, but occasionally they forget, until after you closed the trade that they later void.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

That's not practical. Some people will wonder why they bet on their football team lost when their team won 3-0!
LeTiss

Nice little drift on the Swedish match between Vasteras and GAIS kicking off at 6pm

Vasteras have been backed consistently all day, all the way down to 1.67
They just drifted 20 ticks back to 1.88 in 10-15 mins flat

8-) 8-)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:12 pm
greenmark wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:

That's not practical. Some people will wonder why they bet on their football team lost when their team won 3-0!
Well quite. So the only solution is for people to wait until VAR has spoken.
That shouldn't be too difficult for the average trader.
A goal is not a goal until VAR says it is. Caveat emptor!
greenmark

Italy? Spain have not pulled up any stumps for a while.
But this is a peculiar fixture. Mid-season. Does anyone give a monkeys? But this is Italy v Spain. I think they care about this. So my money is on Italy.
ijamieson

greenmark wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:48 pm
But this is a peculiar fixture. Mid-season. Does anyone give a monkeys? But this is Italy v Spain. I think they care about this. So my money is on Italy.
Great game, been missing Internationals played like this since the Euros!
greenmark

ijamieson wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:02 pm
greenmark wrote:
Oddly, even though I lost my £2, I did enjoy that game. Stereotypical Spanish 2 touch footy. Maybe one step too far for this Italian team, but what a record they have created.
Realrocknrolla

greenmark wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:45 pm
ijamieson wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:02 pm
greenmark wrote:
Oddly, even though I lost my £2, I did enjoy that game. Stereotypical Spanish 2 touch footy. Maybe one step too far for this Italian team, but what a record they have created.
I would of backed Italy also... lucky for me I did half of day yesterday and forgot to get involved.

Spain looked good!
Derek27

Matches in Bahrain kick-off 5 minutes early. Have they no respect for gambling?
Emmson

My hometown team is now owned by the murderous Saudi Arabian regime. This is sick! how can those monsters pass a fit and proper person test?

Return to “Football trading”