Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
greenmark

I wonder who the AZ Alkmaar yobs are. My experience of the Netherlands is maturity, social responsibility. But it seems the Netherlands has as many nutters as we do. Yay!
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 4:31 pm
I wonder who the AZ Alkmaar yobs are. My experience of the Netherlands is maturity, social responsibility. But it seems the Netherlands has as many nutters as we do. Yay!
Holland has a long history of football hooliganism, the worst of which was seen during the Rotterdam riots back in 1999.

Worryingly for the Police and authorities is it’s been back on the rise in recent years.

Many of them travel overseas (including to the UK) just to get involved in trouble without actually knowing or supporting the teams playing. Which I guess some others do too.

Back in the 80’s and 90’s Dutch hooligans use to side with Millwall and Westham fans just for a weekend punch up.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:10 pm
greenmark wrote:
Holland has a long history of football hooliganism, the worst of which was seen during the Rotterdam riots back in 1999.

Worryingly for the Police and authorities is it’s been back on the rise in recent years.

Many of them travel overseas (including to the UK) just to get involved in trouble without actually knowing or supporting the teams playing. Which I guess some others do too.

Back in the 80’s and 90’s Dutch hooligans use to side with Millwall and Westham fans just for a weekend punch up.
All pretty rubbish stuff we don't want to go back to. Pointless mindless waste of effort in pursuit of what a footy hooligan friend of mine told me was "fun". Idiots!
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 9:21 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 5:10 pm
greenmark wrote:

All pretty rubbish stuff we don't want to go back to. Pointless mindless waste of effort in pursuit of what a footy hooligan friend of mine told me was "fun". Idiots!
+ 1
Michael5482

Not a single PL game with over 50K matched at KO on Over/Under 2.5 markets. That's pathetic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Some idiots think a potential handball is as good as a goal. They didn't even get a penalty.
greenmark

This Arsenal performance against a relegation struggler speaks volumes. They simply don't have what it takes. The 2nd half may prove me wrong, but they they don't look like a Title contender at all.
Michael5482

greenmark wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:23 pm
This Arsenal performance against a relegation struggler speaks volumes. They simply don't have what it takes. The 2nd half may prove me wrong, but they they don't look like a Title contender at all.
Arsenal's challenge was just about over after the Southampton game, you could tell off the body language of the players. The Liverpool away game just confirmed it.

A bit harsh to say they don't have what it takes, there a young squad and have pushed City as far as they can which is more than what anyone else has done. They've had a very good season and come up short but no shame in that against a City team who are as good as it gets.
wearthefoxhat

Leeds v Sean Dyche II

Last year Leeds were 1/3 to be relegated playing against a Sean Dyche side (v Burnley), and here we are again, (v Everton)

relodds.png

The game against West Ham tomorrow, comes at the right time. On the form book, it's a win for West Ham who have recently qualified for the europa league final. However, with all the games stacking up recently, they may be fatigued and Moyes will want to keep the players fresh for June 7th. To ask Leeds to win a game when winning hasn't exactly been a habit recently, is a big ask, but win they must. This would take Leicester out of the equation and give them momentum on the last day v Spurs, whom are in bad form too, and in turn survive even if/when Everton beat Bournemouth in their final game.

odds.png

Trying to remain objective, I reckon Leeds will somehow survive this season. With teams like Luton or Coventry coming into the Premiership and Sheff Utd in the mix already, survival next year is very likely as well, although another relegation scrap is likely on the cards again.

If they don't, I can see a quick return next year if they can retain the bulk of the squad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Nine changes
greenmark

Michael5482 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:19 pm
greenmark wrote:
Arsenal's challenge was just about over after the Southampton game, you could tell off the body language of the players. The Liverpool away game just confirmed it.

A bit harsh to say they don't have what it takes, there a young squad and have pushed City as far as they can which is more than what anyone else has done. They've had a very good season and come up short but no shame in that against a City team who are as good as it gets.
Yes "don't have what it takes" was harsh. But it's a harsh environment. Overall I'm really impressed by what Arteta has done. Even more so the rejuvenation of Xhaka's career. Apart from his tiff with Alexnader-Arnold Xhaka has been brilliant. And that's a phrase I never thought I would utter.
greenmark

Well done Man City. It's all very well having money. It takes skill to do what Pep has done.
And you will never know how much saying that hurts me as a Liverpool supporter. But Man C deserve it.
I hope we will be back at that high table.
Next season......yeah?
Derek27

Graeme Souness is gonna swim the Channel to raise money for a girl with a rare skin condition.

Is he nuts? He's 70!
Derek27

Some of the children lining up at the beginning of the Empoli match are almost as tall as the players!
Michael5482

greenmark wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 5:39 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:19 pm
greenmark wrote:

Yes "don't have what it takes" was harsh. But it's a harsh environment. Overall I'm really impressed by what Arteta has done. Even more so the rejuvenation of Xhaka's career. Apart from his tiff with Alexnader-Arnold Xhaka has been brilliant. And that's a phrase I never thought I would utter.
They've had a good season and agree Arteta is doing a fantastic job. He's assembled a very young good squad who'll only improve, if they can hang onto the best young players of course!

Return to “Football trading”