Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:44 pm
Spare a thought for Spurs fans, even their new sponsors are taking the pi$s :lol:

https://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/spurs-e ... z5k9o9zdvb
Nicked this!!!

Forwarded to all my Spurs mates!!!

Up the Gooners!
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:10 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Spare a thought for Spurs fans, even their new sponsors are taking the pi$s :lol:

Nicked this!!!

Up the Gooners!
:lol:
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:12 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

Nicked this!!!

Up the Gooners!
:lol:
Just googled Gooners, and it has nothing to do with Miligan, Secombe, Sellers or Bentine.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:32 pm
Morbius wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:22 pm
OGS was somebody else who I thought shouldn't have got the job. A team like United should be aspiring to get back to where they were namely winning the league and three CL finals in 4 years between 2008-2011. I never saw how a manager like Moyes with one 4th place finish on his CV and an FA Cup final with Everton was going to deliver that. Ditto with OGS with Molde and Cardiff City on his. I think you're right about the owners, its about the money but for how long will the fan base wear that??? That fan base and subsequent value was built on on the field success and not top four and Europa League/CL last 16 exits. They can only keep this going for so long. 8 years since a title and 10 years since a CL final, they are living on past glories as it is and that's going to reflect on the players they can sign.
I had the same opinion of Ole, I thought he was out of his depth but he seems to have turned it around so it will be interesting to see how Utd get on next season. Moyes time was up at Utd when he said they weren't on the same level as Liverpool, the fans had the knives out as soon as he said that. Even if it was true you don't say something like that as coach of Utd.

If ever a man looked and sounded out of his depth it was Moyes. The stories from reliable sources coming out of that club are mind numbing. Players had no respect for him and one of the stories that got leaked was in how he took the defenders to one side in training and made them watch footage of Phil Jagielka as a benchmark for how to defend certain types of situations. Can you imagine Rio Ferdinand's reaction to that??? Moyes level can be summed up in two words...Marouane Fellaini. Then they were stuck with him because the level that they had slipped to he could do a job at that level and be useful but talk about cause and effect :-)

United do not deserve their fan base IMO because fans want success and they have sold them short on numerous occasions. If they want to be called a "stellar club" at the same status as Real Madrid, Barcelona etc etc then they need to start performing on the pitch and getting the right people in and spending the money. But to be honest I think its got so bad now that spending money isn't enough. Its going to take a slow build if at all but at least they can mug the fans off for a few seasons in the hope that they are building towards something. Real, Bayern, Barcelona don't end up like this when they change managers but that's a difference in owner mentality. There were catastrophic decisions made in 2013-14 that United are now paying the price for.
Morbius

As an add on to the United topic, the effect of their on field performances is now being felt off the pitch. Its not long back where they held the position of the World's richest club although they didn't have number one spot for long iirc but they were never out of the top three. Deloitte currently have them at 4th and Bayern have overtaken them by some way. Liverpool/PSG/City are only just marginally behind them and they could be 7th on that list in a couple of years time. In fact as you go down the top 10 richest clubs, since Ferguson left in 2013, the only team on that list with a worst performance than United in terms of trophies won is Tottenham and they almost don't count lol
Trader Pat

Trader Pat wrote:

Dulux have since come out and apologised... Seems like they're trying to gloss over it!

Sorry...
Kai

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

Nicked this!!!

Up the Gooners!
Underrated driveby comment 👍
Morbius

greenmark wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 pm
Kind of weird the way Mourinho has fallen from his pedastal as a serial winner.

Its pretty easy to figure the why greenmark. He's like the kid in school who has fights with everybody and then wonders why he has no mates.

If you look at the big title winning clubs in England, City/Chelsea/Liverpool and I'm throwing in United. Burned his bridges at Chelsea and United. Liverpool and City wouldn't go near him. So let's move onto Spain. Burned his bridges at Real Madrid and Barcelona wouldn't go near him. So now move onto Germany. Bayern wouldn't have him so that leaves Dortmund who wouldn't have him either. So now let's move onto Italy. He's been to Inter but they have slipped a long way behind Juventus who wouldn't want him so where does he go to win the CL or even a domestic title in a major league??? PSG wouldn't take him either. Could you EVER imagine Guardiola or Klopp ending up at Tottenham?? He's done as a CL winning manager and probably a domestic league title winning manager too but he will still pick up the odd Europa/FA Cup/Carabao or foreign equivalent. I wouldn't be shocked to see him manage Portugal as that may be the only "club" side left soon and a crack at the World Cup may suit his ego
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:22 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Dulux have since come out and apologised... Seems like they're trying to gloss over it!

Sorry...
They just delivered a whole load of Red and Blue dulux paint to the kit department, looks like they'll be wearing Maroon next year....
Kai

José being the excuse merchant that he is, will be desperate to win the Carabao Cup this season.
Derek27

I don't like to see players get injured but it is nevertheless a relief when you realise that's why the market's just been suspended. :)
Derek27

There's a guy playing for Rotherham called 'On a Sunday'. :lol:
Kai

If José doesn't win a trophy with Spurs that will be a career-ending injury to his égo.
greenmark

Morbius wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:27 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:57 pm
Kind of weird the way Mourinho has fallen from his pedastal as a serial winner.

Its pretty easy to figure the why greenmark. He's like the kid in school who has fights with everybody and then wonders why he has no mates.

If you look at the big title winning clubs in England, City/Chelsea/Liverpool and I'm throwing in United. Burned his bridges at Chelsea and United. Liverpool and City wouldn't go near him. So let's move onto Spain. Burned his bridges at Real Madrid and Barcelona wouldn't go near him. So now move onto Germany. Bayern wouldn't have him so that leaves Dortmund who wouldn't have him either. So now let's move onto Italy. He's been to Inter but they have slipped a long way behind Juventus who wouldn't want him so where does he go to win the CL or even a domestic title in a major league??? PSG wouldn't take him either. Could you EVER imagine Guardiola or Klopp ending up at Tottenham?? He's done as a CL winning manager and probably a domestic league title winning manager too but he will still pick up the odd Europa/FA Cup/Carabao or foreign equivalent. I wouldn't be shocked to see him manage Portugal as that may be the only "club" side left soon and a crack at the World Cup may suit his ego
That's possibly the most excoriating demolition of a formerly top manager's chances. And I can't disagree.
It's just a shame for me. I liked his 'The Special One'' audacity. And until Real Madrid I believe his players were 100% onside.
Another example that put's Fergie's and Wenger's tenures into sharp relief. It's a tough job. No wonder they're paid millions.
Derek27

Pretty sure BLV is at least 15 seconds behind in Argentina.

Return to “Football trading”