Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

From what I can gather, the reason the French police have given for deploying teargas and pepper spray was not the behaviour of the Liverpool fans but the fact that they were allegedly armed with counterfeit tickets. :roll:
Trader Pat

Sadio Mane has agreed a 3 year deal with Bayern.. up to the clubs to agree a fee now.
Derek27

The West Ham cat kicker has been banned from owning animals for 5 years, fined £9000 and ordered to undertake 180 hours of community service. :D
Derek27

Shame Italy-Argentina is on at the same time as Scotland-Ukraine.
Derek27

Argentina a goal up against Italy.
Euler

Scotland really flunked that. Very nervy performance.
greenmark

Euler wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:46 pm
A population of 45 million (albeit war-torn) will always have an advantage over 5.5 milion.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:57 pm
Euler wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:46 pm
A population of 45 million (albeit war-torn) will always have an advantage over 5.5 milion.
There can't have been that many people on the pitch!
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:07 pm
It can't be that difficult to stop forgeries. A name and address printed on the ticket with ID requirement or a PIN attached to each ticket number.
The problem is that a ticket is only properly checked when the ticket holder is attending the event. It could also have been through many black market transactions before bought by the end user. The end user will carry out a cursory check as an 'amateur' based on public knowledge of what the ticket should look like. I only gets a through check when presented and the ticket holder then becomes very agitated not just because they have lost their money but also because they will not see the event they were happy to pay over the top for. There is no way the end user can establish the authenticity of the ticket unless bought through an official source.

Some form of hard linking between the original purchaser and the ticket would be good but very difficult. "Yeah, yeah, it's a genuine one ... look I have the PIN here on this [forged] receipt"! or "No problem, here's a copy of the ID you'll need to use the ticket"! So photo ID ... people with passports/photo driving licences can go to events others can't. Don't see that getting approval! :)

The frogs are wanting to blame the Liverpool fans for the forged tickets but for all they know the forged tickets could have been printed in France by a French gang!

People will fall for Arthur Daley's story every time because they are driven by the desire to see the event more than their fear of buying a duff ticket.
jamesg46

I know there is a few Liverpool supporters on the forum so I've purposely waited a little before asking this question... I didn't want anyone to think I was being a cock as per.

Anyway, interested to hear (through general thought) and see (through data) where you guys think Liverpool fell (just) short in their League campaign?.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:14 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:07 pm
It can't be that difficult to stop forgeries. A name and address printed on the ticket with ID requirement or a PIN attached to each ticket number.
The problem is that a ticket is only properly checked when the ticket holder is attending the event. It could also have been through many black market transactions before bought by the end user. The end user will carry out a cursory check as an 'amateur' based on public knowledge of what the ticket should look like. I only gets a through check when presented and the ticket holder then becomes very agitated not just because they have lost their money but also because they will not see the event they were happy to pay over the top for. There is no way the end user can establish the authenticity of the ticket unless bought through an official source.

Some form of hard linking between the original purchaser and the ticket would be good but very difficult. "Yeah, yeah, it's a genuine one ... look I have the PIN here on this [forged] receipt"! or "No problem, here's a copy of the ID you'll need to use the ticket"! So photo ID ... people with passports/photo driving licences can go to events others can't. Don't see that getting approval! :)

The frogs are wanting to blame the Liverpool fans for the forged tickets but for all they know the forged tickets could have been printed in France by a French gang!

People will fall for Arthur Daley's story every time because they are driven by the desire to see the event more than their fear of buying a duff ticket.
That's my very point. Have a name and address printed on every ticket and it can't be sold on the black market. I've bought tickets for Wimbledon for my sister. If I remember correctly, they have your name and address printed and/or you're not allowed to transfer them but nobody checks.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:48 pm
That's my very point. Have a name and address printed on every ticket and it can't be sold on the black market. I've bought tickets for Wimbledon for my sister. If I remember correctly, they have your name and address printed and/or you're not allowed to transfer them but nobody checks.
Can't comment on the lack of checking but I would have thought a cursory glance at you would tell all but a blind person that you are not your sister! :lol: :lol: :lol: No my point was that they would sell a package ... forged ticket, forged name/address (sex to suit) and forged ID. Simples. :D
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:30 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:48 pm
Can't comment on the lack of checking but I would have thought a cursory glance at you would tell all but a blind person that you are not your sister! :lol: :lol: :lol: No my point was that they would sell a package ... forged ticket, forged name/address (sex to suit) and forged ID. Simples. :D
I think they come in pairs, so her husband could be me. But as I said, it's just a rule that doesn't seem to be enforced.
greenmark

Well done Cymru. Obviously coloured by Ukraine's situation, but the players can do nothing about that.
Wonder where Bale will appear now. He needs game time for the World Cup. Brentford alongside Eriksen? That would be very interesting.
Derek27

Austria v Denmark half an hour late. No doubt it will start when I pop out for a fag.

Return to “Football trading”