Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:44 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:41 pm
Kai wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:10 pm
For a final its a piss poor market thus far, like the treble market
Y, lost all its appeal in recent years just like the tournament itself really - which is a shame, and I remember how I used to love FA cup final day when I was growing up

But he were go again aboard the rollercoaster of torture for the next few hours :roll:

Just hope the dream lives on come 7pm :D
Yes, it used to be a 2-hour binge of crisps and chocolate bars for me. :)
We used to spend the morning/early afternoon having a match on the local field, then split into groups of 3-5 and pile into the houses of whoever had a TV in their bedroom or who's parents weren't in
Euler

I think it's a relative decline. Prize money for winner is £1.8m which may have made a difference before the premier league. But it's chicken feed now compared to TV revenue via the EPL.

Shame really, as I have fond memories of it, but it hardly registered for me today.
Derek27

Market's been suspended for the goal kick!
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:47 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:43 pm
Kai wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 4:42 pm

Just realized Chelsea have lost this final in the previous 2 seasons :shock: Third time lucky??

It's just a shame we only play United twice a season
Y, no team has ever lost three FA finals in a row - I'm routing for Chelsea to break that record this afternoon :lol:
Same, but why are Chelsea playing in the Watford kit, it just feels wrong
TT insisted on a yellow kit as Chelsea haven't won a major cup game recently wearing blue. He then said they will win wearing yellow....
Trader Pat

Losing Salah might be a blessing in disguise. He's been poor since AFCON
Kai

Last time Salah hobbled off in a cup final in the first half it didn't end great for Liverpool
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:42 pm
Losing Salah might be a blessing in disguise. He's been poor since AFCON
Was just thinking the same thing, if only Jota wasn't in poor form himself, but he can always snatch a goal out of nothing
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Kai wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Y, no team has ever lost three FA finals in a row - I'm routing for Chelsea to break that record this afternoon :lol:
TT insisted on a yellow kit as Chelsea haven't won a major cup game recently wearing blue. He then said they will win wearing yellow....
Arsenal tried that before in an FA Cup Final, they wore yellow & blue while all their fans turned up in red & white. They got beat.
Kai

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Kai wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Haha, sounds like Tuchel, he always tries a trick to get a psychological boost, like in the Carabao cup final when he subbed his goalie for Kepa for pens, which backfired spectacularly after he didn't save any and then skied the last pen
greenmark

Get Firmono on. He'll do somethiing.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:46 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Kai wrote:

Arsenal tried that before in an FA Cup Final, they wore yellow & blue while all their fans turned up in red & white. They got beat.
Then there's Man Utd changing from their Grey strip at HT in a league match claiming they couldn't see each other - I'm sure that was against the saints?
Dublin_Flyer

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:53 pm
Derek27 wrote:
wearthefoxhat wrote:

Then there's Man Utd changing from their Grey strip at HT in a league match claiming they couldn't see each other - I'm sure that was against the saints?
Yep, 6-3. I was in Cuba when it happened on a school cultural trip and we only found out in Gatwick airport a week later coming home reading Shoot or Match magazines. Couldn't understand what the fuck actually happened but the Utd fans reactions were hilarious when they found out :lol:
Kai

Liverpool prices against Southampton, Real Madrid etc already reacted when Salah went off, was sort of anticipating a drift anyway if this final went to extra time

Hopefully Salah is fine for the rest of the matches
Kai

A bit of casual racism there by the commentator, mistaking Kante for Malang Sarr
Trader Pat

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:55 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:53 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Yep, 6-3. I was in Cuba when it happened on a school cultural trip and we only found out in Gatwick airport a week later coming home reading Shoot or Match magazines. Couldn't understand what the fuck actually happened but the Utd fans reactions were hilarious when they found out :lol:
School cultural trip to Cuba?!

Don't know what school you went to but in mine we went to a very wet Wexford to see an ancient Viking settlement or some such bullshit! :D

Return to “Football trading”