Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

Another English final would be fantastic though.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 pm
You're right Carl. I think I saw there was 6 different scenarios last week regarding LFC. Didn't wanna care too much about different calculations, more or less indifferent at this point.

Yeah you're right. A lot has to happen to get to that situation. The projected points totals for the teams above them makes it difficult for them to make it anyway. West Ham have an easy run in on paper and Liverpool could finish 5/5 and still fall short
Morbius

OGS wise to put a strong side out tonight. They have to prioritise the EL now as top 4 locked up. I recall Roma coming from 5-0 down at anfield in 2018 to only lose 7-6 on agg. Then there was the Barcelona comeback and even though this team is weaker, United are not great defensively. Imagine the knock on effect of surrendering a 6-2 lead :shock:
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:24 pm
I'm struggling to remember a great final where two teams from the same country were in it. Going all the way back to Milan vs Juventus at Old Trafford to the two Madrid finals and iirc the United vs Chelsea final was poor as was Liverpool vs Tottenham. Iirc I don't think BM vs BD came alive in 2013 until extra time. The Chelsea vs Arsenal EL final was poor as Arsenal never turned up.
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:38 pm
Kai wrote:
I'm struggling to remember a great final where two teams from the same country were in it. Going all the way back to Milan vs Juventus at Old Trafford to the two Madrid finals and iirc the United vs Chelsea final was poor as was Liverpool vs Tottenham. Iirc I don't think BM vs BD came alive in 2013 until extra time. The Chelsea vs Arsenal EL final was poor as Arsenal never turned up.
Well, from a trading perspective an English final can attract more money and the fillrate could be slightly less crap :D And boring games in general can be good to trade as well.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:50 pm
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:38 pm
Kai wrote:
Well, from a trading perspective an English final can attract more money and the fillrate could be slightly less crap :D And boring games in general can be good to trade as well.

Spoken like a true trader ;)

Arsenal really have to step this up. The intensity of this team in that first half was poor. If Villareal score they're in trouble. This is a European semi ffs. I thought they were poor value at evens. Arteta could have 45 mins to save his job
Kai

Well all of us always want English teams in big finals, England in a World Cup final or EURO final would be an insane market. Sadly hasn't happened yet for some reason :) 8-)

And I always felt like there's a bit of an English bias as well in the market overall, not looked at any data but could very well be, makes the markets slightly more predictable and possibly easier to read.
Euler

Kai wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:02 pm
Well all of us always want English teams in big finals, England in a World Cup final or EURO final would be an insane market. Sadly hasn't happened yet for some reason :) 8-)

And I always felt like there's a bit of an English bias as well in the market overall, not looked at any data but could very well be, makes the markets slightly more predictable and possibly easier to read.
There is!
Kai

Euler wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:07 pm
Kai wrote:

There is!
Thanks for confirming that, always wondered :D
Morbius

Kai wrote:

We would have been in a final but some pesky Eastern European team did a number on us in the semi whose name I can't remember

There is a huge English bias in the market Kai and has been for years. When the "it's coming home" mob get to work then you watch those odds tumble. Bookies don't offer 16s when shaven headed fat beer swilling potato heads from Millwall will jump all over 7s. :roll:
Morbius

Don't worry I don't bear grudges lol

How we got to that semi is a mystery... Well actually it might have something to do with a qualifying group that Scotland could have qualified from.... Tunisia and Panama in the group and Colombia and Sweden in the last 16 and quarters. France would have done us in the final anyway
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:16 pm
How we got to that semi is a mystery...
It's really not. Set piece practice :lol:
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:18 pm
Morbius wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:16 pm
How we got to that semi is a mystery...
It's really not. Set piece practice :lol:

Oh thanks for reminding me about the qualities of slab head mcguire

Mmmmm Roma two goals in two mins.... Surely not
Morbius

Whatever happens tonight.... There was huge value IMO backing Villareal to win the EL. If they get to the final Emery could school OGS and he's got the players to do a number on them and what a record he has in this tournament
Kai

If Villarreal win Unai "Good Ebening" Emery will finally have his revenge for all those times you lot mocked his English :) Hopefully not and Arsenal lifts the trophy in the end.

Return to “Football trading”