Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
psychoff

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:33 pm
It looks like the market's closed and all bets voided. SofaScore lists the match as abandoned. Unlucky footysystems.
Big mistake if this is the case. The second half will be played tomorrow at 14.00 UK time
footysystems

psychoff wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:33 pm
It looks like the market's closed and all bets voided. SofaScore lists the match as abandoned. Unlucky footysystems.
Big mistake if this is the case. The second half will be played tomorrow at 14.00 UK time
Let's hope this is the case 🤞
Derek27

Whatever happens, I'm just glad I've just got/had free bets. Cracking open the beers tonight, I'll probably be fast asleep at 14:00 tomorrow. :D
On_The_Edge

Annoying, I closed my position in profit at Gaziantep and just realised after reading this thread that it’s all been voided .
Derek27

R&R Part A-20
  • If a match is postponed, all undetermined bets will be voided as long as the match does not start before 23:59 local time (or if Betfair believes that a match will not have started by such time) on its scheduled date.
  • Fixtures that are rearranged before the scheduled kick off date will not be regarded as postponements and all bets will stand, as long as the rescheduled date is within 72 hours of the original kick off time.
  • If a match starts but is later abandoned, all undetermined bets will be voided as long as the match is not played to a finish before midnight local time on its scheduled date.
  • If the venue of a match is other than is indicated on our website, the bet will stand provided the match has not been switched to the opponent's ground, in which case the match will be declared void. Notwithstanding this rule, in major international tournaments (eg World Cup, European Championships), all venues will be deemed neutral. If the scheduled venue of a match is changed, including if the venue changes to a new venue in a different country, all bets will stand.
footysystems

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:35 pm
R&R Part A-20
  • If a match is postponed, all undetermined bets will be voided as long as the match does not start before 23:59 local time (or if Betfair believes that a match will not have started by such time) on its scheduled date.
  • Fixtures that are rearranged before the scheduled kick off date will not be regarded as postponements and all bets will stand, as long as the rescheduled date is within 72 hours of the original kick off time.
  • If a match starts but is later abandoned, all undetermined bets will be voided as long as the match is not played to a finish before midnight local time on its scheduled date.
  • If the venue of a match is other than is indicated on our website, the bet will stand provided the match has not been switched to the opponent's ground, in which case the match will be declared void. Notwithstanding this rule, in major international tournaments (eg World Cup, European Championships), all venues will be deemed neutral. If the scheduled venue of a match is changed, including if the venue changes to a new venue in a different country, all bets will stand.
Cheers Derek phewww
psychoff

I remember many games which are postponed to the next day and BF suspended / reopened the markets at match time. Some rules should have been changed recently or I am developing some kind of dementia which is the worst scenario.
footysystems

psychoff wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:37 pm
I remember many games which are postponed to the next day and BF suspended / reopened the markets at match time. Some rules should have been changed recently or I am developing some kind of dementia which is the worst scenario.
I have not seen this for a good while and your not losing your marbles 😁
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:26 pm
Annoying, I closed my position in profit at Gaziantep and just realised after reading this thread that it’s all been voided .
You're obviously more knowledgeable about football than I am so this might be a better thread to engage in, rather than simply posting all your bets to a thread where the only interest attracted is not in your bets but why you're posting them. :)
On_The_Edge

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:57 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
You're obviously more knowledgeable about football than I am so this might be a better thread to engage in, rather than simply posting all your bets to a thread where the only interest attracted is not in your bets but why you're posting them. :)
I might in future , who knows. There’s no point in posting my bets in more than one place.
Euler

Fulham 19 goals in three games. Amazing.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:57 pm
On_The_Edge wrote:
I might in future , who knows. There’s no point in posting my bets in more than one place.
If you want to post your bets, post them to your diary thread and people who are interested can view them. If you want to discuss football, things that are happening in the markets or on the pitch, lineup info, etc. post here. People may be interested in something that's happened in a match they're not watching or info about a match about to start that you kindly alert them to, but not in your bets.
On_The_Edge

So will the market for Gaziantep vs Malatyaspor open again? I don’t see it on betfair.
Derek27

On_The_Edge wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:39 am
So will the market for Gaziantep vs Malatyaspor open again? I don’t see it on betfair.
No, all bets have been voided, unfortunately.
MobiusGrey

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:04 pm

Nothing daft about that question. :) If you've got a free bet of £20 on the under market and the price is 1.1, you can pocket almost £20, your you can lay the profit away for a £200 free bet on overs. A goal, depending on the stage of the match, could push the price up to 1.5. That would give you a free bet of £100 on the unders or a green of £67. Two goals in the second half, with 20 minutes to go could push the price above 2.0.

Tried this last night on the Chelsea game and went relatively smoothly. I think I need to find the right time to create the free bet part though, I feel like I did this too early in the match when the odds on unders was higher, therefore if a goal goes in the odds would increase dramatically incurring a bigger loss. I think possibly the key is creating the free bet part either pre-kickoff or when the odds are a lot lower, therefore 1 goal goes in when you're exposed it's not as risky. I suppose this then links into what to do at this point, close for a loss is my feeling at the moment but will take a little bit of working out with forward testing.

Anyway, all of that was just to say thanks Derek, another string to my bow :)

Return to “Football trading”