Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:22 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:43 pm
We can complain about the offside but I suppose everybody wanted consistency so be careful what you wish for!

But how PIckford wasnt sent off needs to be explained... not sure what VAR was looking at there. Its irrelevant that Van Dijk was offside it was dangerous play, lucky not to have his leg broken or career ended
Could be wrong - given how often they change the rules these days - but for as long as I can remember, a foul (obviously including a penalty) cannot be given while the ball is not in play. It follows that any action, ie. a potential red card can't be given for said foul. Exception being deliberate violent conduct. As much as Pickford's challenge slash save attempt was rash, stupid and dangerous, it doesn't meet the bar for deliberate. Not even close; unless you're a Pool fan ;)

This is also why there's - even more - pushing and pulling right before a corner is taken. A shithousery trick when I, way too long ago, played was to stamp down on an attackers toes a few seconds before the corner was taken.

The laughable new procedure of letting play run its course before flagging muddies the waters, but to be clear then the ball was technically not in play the moment VVD went for the ball. Can understand the frustration for Pool fans though. I did - just be that I told you so guy - write on here, within a few matches of this dumb thing coming into effect that someone was going to, needlessly, get seriously injured, because of it.

I know the rule but theres a case to say it was dangerous play. He flies out studs up completely misses the ball... thats the first part of the tackle, the second part is where he then hooks his leg around Van Dijk, thats what did the damage.
Kai

Hmm, may have experienced something new for once on a football market. A large spike, but not the usual kind, it was more like the market was just fast-forwarded by Betfair, like a VHS tape. I can clearly see the spike on the matchstick graph but the Betfair graph shows a very different story, a story that didn't actually happen. Very strange.

May have been an internet hiccup or something, but don't think it was.
Trader Pat

Confirmed that Van Dijk has done his ACL and is likely to be out for the season.
danum

Some serious burnt fingers in Spurs game
Korattt

danum wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:28 pm
yup,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danum

Korattt wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:31 pm
danum wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:28 pm
yup,
Lovely 💵
Kai

City now clear favorites for the title, until the next City loss at least :)

No idea why Klopp didn't go for a CB after losing Lovren, there are no obvious prospects at the club.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:23 pm

No idea why Klopp didn't go for a CB after losing Lovren, there are no obvious prospects at the club.
I hope he goes with Fabinho & Matip for the main CB pairing. Big things expected from Billy Koumetio , he's only 17 but I'd expect him to be fast-tracked into the first team squad. Would think Klopp will have to go big in January for a CB, short term this is obviously a disaster but this time next season we could have a CB pairing of Van Dijk and Koulibaly.
MemphisFlash

nice trade 20 mins in
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:30 pm
Kai wrote:

I hope he goes with Fabinho & Matip for the main CB pairing. Big things expected from Billy Koumetio , he's only 17 but I'd expect him to be fast-tracked into the first team squad. Would think Klopp will have to go big in January for a CB, short term this is obviously a disaster but this time next season we could have a CB pairing of Van Dijk and Koulibaly.
Whole season could be a write-off after this point, in terms of challenging for the biggest stuff, massive challenge to play now without him, his aura of composure will be irreplaceable.

Yeah, will have to do what Pep did with Fernandinho and convert Fabinho to CB unless Gomez gets his confidence back. Koumetio very raw still for me, like Rhys Williams, behind van den Berg I think, plus they got rid of Hoever which was the only prospect I really liked. Nat Phillips now has to stay for backup, don't think he has what it takes at this level but could be a big opportunity if taken.

With Gomez struggling for confidence and Matip struggling to stay fit for years, it's going to be a long season :cry:
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:48 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:30 pm
Kai wrote:

Whole season could be a write-off after this point, in terms of challenging for the biggest stuff, massive challenge to play now without him, his aura of composure will be irreplaceable.

Yeah, will have to do what Pep did with Fernandinho and convert Fabinho to CB unless Gomez gets his confidence back. Koumetio very raw still for me, like Rhys Williams, behind van den Berg I think, plus they got rid of Hoever which was the only prospect I really liked. Nat Phillips now has to stay for backup, don't think he has what it takes at this level but could be a big opportunity if taken.

Be interesting to see if Klopp changes tactically, maybe not play such a high line. Still fancy us for the Premier League, don't think any team will be winning 8,9,10 games in a row. Even before this happened I didn't think there would be a stand out team in the league with the condensed fixture list especially in Europe. Going to be dodgy at the back but still think we have more than enough going forward to challenge, especially with Thiago in midfield. His injury not thought to be too serious so he should be back soon. As for the Champions League the group shouldnt pose too many problems, Ajax and Atalanta are attacking teams so we should be able to outscore them (fingers crossed) !

It will probably be a case of fastening your seat belt this season and might be a bit like when Brendan Rodgers was in charge but there should be plenty of goals! :D
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 pm
It will probably be a case of fastening your seat belt this season and might be a bit like when Brendan Rodgers was in charge but there should be plenty of goals! :D
Aye :D Always had a strong feeling it was all downhill right after winning the league, and winning everything else before that, but these last 2 matches are a bit hard to take.
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:05 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 pm
Aye :D Always had a strong feeling it was all downhill right after winning the league, and winning everything else before that, but these last 2 matches are a bit hard to take.
Stay positive Kai!

Sheff Utd in the league next so I'm choosing to believe it will be a confidence boosting win and trying my best not to entertain the thought of Rhian Brewster scoring a hat trick! :)
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG
weemac

Home wins this weekend:

1/8 in EPL
1/12 in Championship
0/9 in Bundesliga
0/5 in Scots Premier

Return to “Football trading”