Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:28 pm
Betfair took ages to unsuspend the England match after the equaliser!
They were probably too busy celebrating
Euler

Scotland still 0-0 with Faroe Islands!
Euler

Trouble in Albania, match currently paused.
Euler

Money buyers not happy this evening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Salah again! WOW!

After seeing replays of his goal against City he said to himself "Hold my non-alcoholic beer" and has just equalled if not bettered it!
Euler

Liverpool have completely pissed all over Watford today.
Trader Pat

Looks like Claudio has a big job on his hands
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:44 pm
Salah again! WOW!

After seeing replays of his goal against City he said to himself "Hold my non-alcoholic beer" and has just equalled if not bettered it!
What Salah sees

jamesg46

Looking forward to the Newcastle v Tottenham game. I've been pondering if Newcastle will be the victims of their own minds today. The question of an uncertain future could have planted plenty seeds of self doubt & if Tottenham get an early goal it may all unravel on the pitch.

The players will know that the fans see them as yesterday's news and have shifted their sights to bigger & better things. Will there be a lack of desire to fight for something that you're not going to be a part of in a process where you're not appreciated.

A real can of psychological enemies could be opened in this game.
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:22 am
Looking forward to the Newcastle v Tottenham game. I've been pondering if Newcastle will be the victims of their own minds today. The question of an uncertain future could have planted plenty seeds of self doubt & if Tottenham get an early goal it may all unravel on the pitch.

The players will know that the fans see them as yesterday's news and have shifted their sights to bigger & better things. Will there be a lack of desire to fight for something that you're not going to be a part of in a process where you're not appreciated.

Perhaps they will fight to be part of the future. Plus, if a player thinks "I'm toast now", his focus ought to be on showing other clubs he has useful qualities.
The stand-out for me is Shelvey. A London lad. Has been itinerent most of his career. Maybe now is the time to head home. I reckon a few clubs would be interested. So we might see him showcasing himself. Or get sent off. :-)
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:50 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

Perhaps they will fight to be part of the future. Plus, if a player thinks "I'm toast now", his focus ought to be on showing other clubs he has useful qualities.
The stand-out for me is Shelvey. A London lad. Has been itinerent most of his career. Maybe now is the time to head home. I reckon a few clubs would be interested. So we might see him showcasing himself. Or get sent off. :-)
I think the media have done a good enough job of planting doubt… I mean the talk has been non stop about which players & manager should it be. Maybe there will be one or two that see it as a challenge…. But in the words of the manager “I have to be realistic”, that in itself comes from a place of believing you’re not good enough for the upcoming project & if that’s coming from the manager I’m sure as heck not gonna believe he’s doing much for the players confidence. Anyway, this is why I’m interested to watch because there is these unknowns. Watch Newcastle batter Spurs now tho 😉
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:16 pm
greenmark wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I think the media have done a good enough job of planting doubt… I mean the talk has been non stop about which players & manager should it be. Maybe there will be one or two that see it as a challenge…. But in the words of the manager “I have to be realistic”, that in itself comes from a place of believing you’re not good enough for the upcoming project & if that’s coming from the manager I’m sure as heck not gonna believe he’s doing much for the players confidence. Anyway, this is why I’m interested to watch because there is these unknowns. Watch Newcastle batter Spurs now tho 😉
With Kane having been "Levyed" that should drag Spurs down.
The market says Spurs, but I think all your points throw it all up in the air. Where it lands, we shall see. Game on.
I actually hope we see the real Harry Kane, but that is looking increasingly unlikely. The guy has been a shadow of his former clinical striker self.
The whole Kane episode has been incredibly mis-managed.
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:33 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

The market says Spurs, but I think all your points throw it all up in the air. Where it lands, we shall see. Game on.
I actually hope we see the real Harry Kane, but that is looking increasingly unlikely. The guy has been a shadow of his former clinical striker self.
I think it was silly to keep him. He was always likely to go into a place of mental sulk & who knows what that internal voice is saying or how negatively that is going to impact his game longer term.
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:38 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:33 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

I think it was silly to keep him. He was always likely to go into a place of mental sulk & who knows what that internal voice is saying or how negatively that is going to impact his game longer term.
Indeed. Pundits have been saying he will maintain his professionalism. So far, he hasn't. And who could blame him. He has been the stand-out striker for a while. Now he's entering the twilight of his career and Levy has blocked him from his final lucrative move.
I hope I'm wrong because I love watching exceptional footballers doing their thing. But the guy looks hollowed out. Such a shame.
greenmark

Good grief! 1-0

Return to “Football trading”