Mike Cruickshank's "Momentum system"

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
sniffer66

Freeman229 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:16 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:38 pm
Call me cynical, but a first ever post stating it works ?

Secondly, if he had paid 100's for it, why would he share any data that would allow you to reverse engineer it ?
Fair enough I only signed up because I google mikes cruickshanks momentum system and this topic was 7th on google search.
Have used bet angel in the past loved the softwarw but other software did what I needed on the cheap.
As for the system it works (by that I mean I am in profit) so far but there is conditions obviously I made a loss in a game as stated in my first post.
I did trade the sheff utd west ham game although I submitted my bets fairly early and got a rating over 100% which is vital for profiting and ended with a 7% of max risk trading out at half time.
On the otherside of the coin I didnt have much liabilities in my account to get on the early afternoon games but the middlesbrough derby game was one of a number that qualifies. Was a mistake in play liquidy made for a poor game to trade despite being 8k matched before the game. Took a £1.21 loss couldnt get on anything else.
So not the lower league 3pm games works okay if you get a match on lower leagues when theres not loads going off.
Sometimes even a great match gets voided by the calculator if one of the odds goes a tick off. So you have to make sure you get matched exactly as specified.
Getting on to early can occasionally screw it up if the odds move too much especially the 0-0.

Not at that stage to reccommend yet but my max risk is pretty low so its good to test before I up the stakes.
Fair enough, in that case I apologise. Just been on too many forums over the years where someone asks a question re product x, and then there's an immmediate follow on post from a brand new user stating how good it is.
Good to hear it's working for you.

In all fairness, Mike Cruickshank would be well known to anyone in the matched betting world and his products do work - it's all maths based and legitimate. I've used Oddsmonkey but the principles are still the same. I couldn't see him risking his good name in that arena on something that didn't work.
sniffer66

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:37 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 pm
Jesus that Mike dude is selling over 15 different systems on his website.
Mike has been around for many years and promotes mathematical based products. They are not 'tips' in the true sense of the word, they are systems. One of his looks to take advantage of bookmaker each-way prices/terms that give the punter an advantage because of the artificial way the place price is calculated. He openly tells you that the bookie will close/reduce your account. Another is to take advantage of early morning BOG prices and back the full book where the overround is small. You are guaranteed a winner by backing all, some you will make a small loss because of the overround but others you can make a reasonable profit because of BOG. Again he openly tells you that the bookie will close/reduce your account. With another he looked to exploit the bookmakers' acca refund policies by mirror laying on Betfair. I've not looked at the Momentum system but have been interested in the discussion here.

I was going to post a similar response. There are a few sites around that offer similar. Each Way value betting does work but you will get stake restricted. I have, though after decent profits :)
Freeman229

sniffer66 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:05 am
Freeman229 wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:38 pm
Call me cynical, but a first ever post stating it works ?

Secondly, if he had paid 100's for it, why would he share any data that would allow you to reverse engineer it ?
Fair enough I only signed up because I google mikes cruickshanks momentum system and this topic was 7th on google search.
Have used bet angel in the past loved the softwarw but other software did what I needed on the cheap.
As for the system it works (by that I mean I am in profit) so far but there is conditions obviously I made a loss in a game as stated in my first post.
I did trade the sheff utd west ham game although I submitted my bets fairly early and got a rating over 100% which is vital for profiting and ended with a 7% of max risk trading out at half time.
On the otherside of the coin I didnt have much liabilities in my account to get on the early afternoon games but the middlesbrough derby game was one of a number that qualifies. Was a mistake in play liquidy made for a poor game to trade despite being 8k matched before the game. Took a £1.21 loss couldnt get on anything else.
So not the lower league 3pm games works okay if you get a match on lower leagues when theres not loads going off.
Sometimes even a great match gets voided by the calculator if one of the odds goes a tick off. So you have to make sure you get matched exactly as specified.
Getting on to early can occasionally screw it up if the odds move too much especially the 0-0.

Not at that stage to reccommend yet but my max risk is pretty low so its good to test before I up the stakes.
Fair enough, in that case I apologise. Just been on too many forums over the years where someone asks a question re product x, and then there's an immmediate follow on post from a brand new user stating how good it is.
Good to hear it's working for you.

In all fairness, Mike Cruickshank would be well known to anyone in the matched betting world and his products do work - it's all maths based and legitimate. I've used Oddsmonkey but the principles are still the same. I couldn't see him risking his good name in that arena on something that didn't work.
been a frustrating weekend with it though, got two games on today pre match but had 0-1s unmatched luckily since we are getting odds at decent value if a bet is unmatched the others have usually made a tick or so which ends with a small profit but you have to trade out or the risk isnt worth it. Hoping to be on verona v genoa and roma v juventus game tonight.

I am on oddsmonkey myself, also been on Profit Maximiser but found the daily offers were abit better on OM. It is of course a little dearer though.
Also when buying the momentum system I also bough the auto eachway sniper. Positive results so far after 4 days running it in lower risk mode. 5/33 winners averaging 13.2 and 15/33 placed bringing in £26 profit only using 3 bookmakers at the minute. Its going better than the momentum system anyway :D
Kai

firlandsfarm wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
Mike has been around for many years and promotes mathematical based products. They are not 'tips' in the true sense of the word, they are systems. One of his looks to take advantage of bookmaker each-way prices/terms that give the punter an advantage because of the artificial way the place price is calculated. He openly tells you that the bookie will close/reduce your account. Another is to take advantage of early morning BOG prices and back the full book where the overround is small. You are guaranteed a winner by backing all, some you will make a small loss because of the overround but others you can make a reasonable profit because of BOG. Again he openly tells you that the bookie will close/reduce your account. With another he looked to exploit the bookmakers' acca refund policies by mirror laying on Betfair. I've not looked at the Momentum system but have been interested in the discussion here.
I too have heard his name before, it's hard to forget such a unique last name. But you're right, there's not much opportunity and money in looking for small inefficiencies in bookie and exchange prices in general, and when there is by some miracle it probably can't last for very long for obvious reasons. It's practically picking up pennies in front of a steamroller which I don't think Mike is interested in doing himself, so arguably the only real opportunity for people like that is by packaging this into marketable products, hence the 15 different systems that Archery mentioned earlier.
ilovepizza82

Freeman229 wrote:

Hoping to be on verona v genoa and roma v juventus game tonight.
Dont raise your hopes :)
https://imgur.com/MlE5Zx8
ilovepizza82

In the meantime im tryin to crack it 100%
Working on how index is calculated.
The higher 1-0, 0-1 odds are, the more positive (green (and higher)) the index is.
In the screenshot, the ground zero of the index :)
https://imgur.com/1ASJiGQ

The index is only affected by 0-0, 1-0 and 0-1 (i know obvious thing but sometimes there are other things people use to calcualte those kind of things )
Last edited by ilovepizza82 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freeman229

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:43 pm
Freeman229 wrote:

Hoping to be on verona v genoa and roma v juventus game tonight.
Dont raise your hopes :)
https://imgur.com/MlE5Zx8
What software are you using there? I paid 249 for mine :lol: I had an opurtunity to get a match earlier but my money was in the Verona game, just gone 0-1 and I locked in £3.26 from a £25 max risk. Around 13% profit on max risk. Its good when you get a match this was the first game I properly got to trade all weekend.
ilovepizza82

Freeman229 wrote:

What software are you using there? I paid 249 for mine :lol: I had an opurtunity to get a match earlier but my money was in the Verona game, just gone 0-1 and I locked in £3.26 from a £25 max risk. Around 13% profit on max risk. Its good when you get a match this was the first game I properly got to trade all weekend.
I paid £8 for mine :D (but its only for testing purposes as its only for 10 days)
Not going to pay £250 ! :D No friggin way.
Its here:
https://correctscorestrading.com/
Freeman229

had a look at the site. there are monthly payments so I guess I just paid bulk works out about £20 a month for first year then much cheaper year 2 this way.
Managed to get on the roma game with a 100.11% rating max risk £15
Freeman229

3rd minute goal, abit too early for the system managed 5.1% of max risk, if using big stakes its probably easy money. I made £0.77 from my baby stakes. Goals later in the half make alot more money as the £3.26 I made earlier was from same small stake.
sniffer66

Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:06 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
I too have heard his name before, it's hard to forget such a unique last name. But you're right, there's not much opportunity and money in looking for small inefficiencies in bookie and exchange prices in general, and when there is by some miracle it probably can't last for very long for obvious reasons. It's practically picking up pennies in front of a steamroller which I don't think Mike is interested in doing himself, so arguably the only real opportunity for people like that is by packaging this into marketable products, hence the 15 different systems that Archery mentioned earlier.
It depends how much you need to keep your bookie accounts unrestricted on the stake front. I gave up on matched betting once the big bonuses dried up - was too much work for too little return. However, I've pulled in a few grand each way value betting, taking the stake restrictions as part of the risk. If you want to build a risk free bank to practice real money trading with, and aren't particularly flush, then it's not a bad way to start off a trading bank - at least you aren't throwing your own money away whilst you attempt to get profitable trading.
The qustion I ask is, if it wasn't profitable for the punter why would the bookies restrict you ?
sniffer66

Freeman229 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:56 pm
3rd minute goal, abit too early for the system managed 5.1% of max risk, if using big stakes its probably easy money. I made £0.77 from my baby stakes. Goals later in the half make alot more money as the £3.26 I made earlier was from same small stake.
Was just playing around with it in practice mode in BA. What do you term "baby stakes" ?
Freeman229

sniffer66 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:00 pm
Freeman229 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:56 pm
Was just playing around with it in practice mode in BA. What do you term "baby stakes" ?
Well I am calling them baby stakes but its the max I can get on but compared to the stakes Mike uses on the videos on the momentun site mine are baby sized. Max risk was 25 quid which is fine but the liabilities starts of at 150 for me. The calculator works it out so you put the highest liability you want and its all done for you.
Going to need ten times the bank yo make something decent per game the lower the 0-0 odds the more I can get on.
gunner0788

So how does this strategy work exactly I cant get my head around it.
wearthefoxhat

gunner0788 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:03 pm
So how does this strategy work exactly I cant get my head around it.
In a nutshell...

Take a position pre-off, covering, Lay 0-0, Back 1-0, 0-1.
Then Back 0-0 during the first half, drip feeding stakes to reduce the overall liability, if the HT score is 0-0.

If a goal during the first half - trade out take the profit.
If no goal during first half - trade out take a loss.

There are only certain games that fit the qualifying criteria.

Return to “Football trading”