Psychoff - training course

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:47 pm
will kick that thread off tmro as i said, save cluttering up here.
Yes, it's annoying when people take a perfectly good thread off-topic. ;)
sniffer66

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:52 am
jimibt wrote:
I was the OP so slightly justified, however, I agree. Will make for a good discussion ;)
xtrader16

If we put our minds together 'for once' we could easily work out Phycoff's trading (gambling) strategy.

I'd suggest, something like, he backs Under 1.5 goals but covers the liability by using another market to cover his opening position such as draw/draw (generally x1.6 the match draw price) and as the game progresses takes the green off <1.5 then as >1.5 goals price increases he lumps all this <1.5 goals green on overs.......I don’t think what he does is rocket science it is all there in front of us. He also uses stats to predict which team he should play on, therefore narrowing down his market. I'd also suggest he doesn’t really tell people about his break even or losses as much as you may think.

If he wasn’t using thousands and instead used hundreds....nobody would pay any attention to him.

Off topic bit I really think we would benefit from having an open slack room for chatter, set up and monitored by BA but run by volunteers, I am sure there are a few old-fashioned Crisp monitors active in the forum.

Just a thought/opinion.
The Silk Run

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:12 am
The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:25 pm
It's the Ru PAUL's Drag Race FINAL. Are you going to have a flutter :D :D

I just typed that into the Betfair search bar to see if there was a market for it! :lol:

There isn't but for some reason there is a market for Big Brother Brazil!
I know who is going to WIN. Do you fancy a P2P wager POOR Pat :)
arbitrage16

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:57 pm
arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:24 pm
There are going to be people tearing their hair out trying to learn to trade football, then they find Psychoff and are delighted that they can learn how it's actually done.

In terms of conning people - suggesting the guy is "looking to pay his income tax" when it's been stated in multiple places, including this very thread, that he's actually doing it for visa purposes is way more of a con. Shameful distortion of the truth.
Exactly. It's been stated before in this thread so I didn't feel the need to mention a visa.
No you portrayed it as something completely different to make the guy look bad. Intellectually dishonest and frankly a scummy move by you. I hope people take note.
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
jimibt wrote:
:lol: :mrgreen:
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:57 am
Derek27 wrote:
jimibt wrote:
I was the OP so slightly justified, however, I agree. Will make for a good discussion ;)
gonna pop that new thread up later. i think there's a vacant space been created for some creative thinking on not only psychoff's approach, but real-time stats/activity driven trading within football (and of course other sports per se). for me, IPT is as good a starting point for the discussion as any in that respect
The Silk Run

I believe Ersen GUVEN will have the last laugh after his brief insertion, and how the discussion played out their after ....
wearthefoxhat

xtrader16 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:48 am
If we put our minds together 'for once' we could easily work out Phycoff's trading (gambling) strategy.

I'd suggest, something like, he backs Under 1.5 goals but covers the liability by using another market to cover his opening position such as draw/draw (generally x1.6 the match draw price) and as the game progresses takes the green off <1.5 then as >1.5 goals price increases he lumps all this <1.5 goals green on overs.......I don’t think what he does is rocket science it is all there in front of us. He also uses stats to predict which team he should play on, therefore narrowing down his market. I'd also suggest he doesn’t really tell people about his break even or losses as much as you may think.

If he wasn’t using thousands and instead used hundreds....nobody would pay any attention to him.

Off topic bit I really think we would benefit from having an open slack room for chatter, set up and monitored by BA but run by volunteers, I am sure there are a few old-fashioned Crisp monitors active in the forum.

Just a thought/opinion.
Maybe he uses the Under goals market more for insurance. As the game develops, creates a position in the match odds market, watches the game for attack/momentum and adjusts accordingly. (or maybe it's the other way around) ;)
Archery1969

What about Real Madrid v Atalanta

Dutch laying:
- Lay O1.5 goals at 1.23
- Lay U2.5 goals at 2.52

Cover the exposure by Dutch backing:
- CS 0 - 2 at 23
- CS 2 - 0 at 16
Derek27

xtrader16 wrote:

Just a thought/opinion.
How much do you want us to pay for that suggestion? ;)
Derek27

arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:03 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:57 pm
arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:24 pm
There are going to be people tearing their hair out trying to learn to trade football, then they find Psychoff and are delighted that they can learn how it's actually done.

In terms of conning people - suggesting the guy is "looking to pay his income tax" when it's been stated in multiple places, including this very thread, that he's actually doing it for visa purposes is way more of a con. Shameful distortion of the truth.
Exactly. It's been stated before in this thread so I didn't feel the need to mention a visa.
No you portrayed it as something completely different to make the guy look bad. Intellectually dishonest and frankly a scummy move by you. I hope people take note.
You're the one doing the misrepresenting. This is what I said:
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:37 pm
He already explained his reason for selling services, he needs to pay income tax.
The reason why he needs to pay income tax (which means generating it) was obvious. If you're cynical or paranoid enough to take that out of context and assume I'm being malicious that says more about you than me.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:48 pm
What about Real Madrid v Atalanta

Dutch laying:
- Lay O1.5 goals at 1.23
- Lay U2.5 goals at 2.52

Cover the exposure by Dutch backing:
- CS 0 - 2 at 23
- CS 2 - 0 at 16
Why not just lay 1-1?
ShaunWhite

xtrader16 wrote:

Off topic bit I really think we would benefit from having an open slack room for chatter, set up and monitored by BA but run by volunteers.
Why involve BA? I find the forum creates a kind of hive mentality and a Slack version would be the same.
Archangel

xtrader16 wrote:
He also uses stats to predict which team he should play on, therefore narrowing down his market. I'd also suggest he doesn’t really tell people about his break even or losses as much as you may think.

He has stated several times in the few interviews he has given that he never looks at stats before or even during a game. He says he often doesnt even know how the teams are doing in the league.

Some of the things he did alude to were:
He mainly trades the Under/Overs, Match Odds and CS markets. But that is not unusal as they are the most liquid markets
His edge is in knowing what the odds in a given situation SHOULD be, and if they differ from what they are, he backs or lays accordingly. (Maybe that edge is dissappearing as bookmakers start using machine learning systems to keeps odds as efficient as possible)
He mainly likes to scalp, along with other strategies such as laying the leader when they are ahead but he sees some hope in the opposition coming back.
Volatility is key to trading, particulaly in scalping. So look for markets that offer that opportunity

One thing he says a lot is that he must be watching a game live to trade it. I have no idea how he selects which games to watch when there are so many occuring simultaniously :?:

Return to “Football trading”