Psychoff - training course

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:23 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:15 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:08 pm
Here is how I know that the price is value.

Supply & demand.
Check out the testimonials on his website for yourself, there seems to have been previous demand... as for his current order book I have no idea and nor do I care because I'm not the one being a melt over his business.
Clearly you don't know yourself, which contradicts your supply and demand argument. I've looked at the testimonials. There's no feedback from anyone who's done the £24K course. Interestingly, there is a trader who was full-time for two years before he did the basic course. :?
Just because I don't know what his order book is like doesn't change the principle of supply and demand. You simply had no demand because it was just a sarcastic comment, not something you actually offer...

If you want to know why others who are capable of competing don't, go to page one where Peter basically says it ends up costing you more than you make, so even at these prices it doesn't seem to be worth the hassle or time but you go ahead and get stuck in... ill wish you all the best too.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:30 pm
Just because I don't know what his order book is like doesn't change the principle of supply and demand. You simply had no demand because it was just a sarcastic comment, not something you actually offer...
That's precisely my point. If there's no demand for his £24K course, you can't claim it must be value. If there is demand, he may be worth £1K an hour but that doesn't mean it's value.
The Silk Run

Dex, do you fancy doing an exotic Thursday.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:54 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:30 pm
That's precisely my point. If there's no demand for his £24K course, you can't claim it must be value. If there is demand, he may be worth £1K an hour but that doesn't mean it's value.
The thing is you don't know if there isn't demand, just as much as I don't know there is... but the principle of supply and demand remains & right now he is the only supplier out of a few people at that level. Not only that but he is actually offering that product/service, not just flippantly saying he's going to.

Look, I guess value on the customer side of things can also be one derived from perspective, which clearly we are on the opposite side of the spectrum to each other. There will be people who think like me & people who think like you.... I can't control your thought process and you cant control mine... it's not about who is right or wrong, we simply just see things differently & at that point I'm leaving it there before this goes on round and round for decades.
darchas

jimibt wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:24 pm
while you guys are ping ponging around, thought i'd ask for an alternative opinion on something that is somewhat related.

there's a service out there called IPT which offers a visually compelling view of the stats as they occur in real-time. is there any concensus out there as to how viable it is using this approach. they seem to have developed a few algos around what they call pressure indexes, so wondered if a similar appraoch could be used to identify and exploit edges in a similar fashion to what psychoff is observing while watching the markets games live.
I know you've had a couple of replies but my opinion from experience is that there's not a viable approach here. The tool is quite useful in terms of pulling games into one place where you can have a view of SOT's etc if that's your thing, but it's not much more than that. The strategies on there pretty much boil down to 'quite a bit of action, have a bet on overs'. That's probably a bit reductive from me but most of the strategies are just complicated ways of arriving at the same thing. You can do some decent stuff with filters, eg show me all games with x SOT's, 0 red cards, and overs odds of y. Which is quite useful but it's not really giving much of an angle as the majority of the time you'll find the game state as it is baked into the price (as expected). So it is quite useful but certainly not an angle on it's own. I played around with it for a year but ultimately moved on from it.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:05 pm
... but the principle of supply and demand remains & right now he is the only supplier out of a few people at that level.
That's not supply and demand, it's just supply. :)

The fact that he's charging 10-20 times more than his peers doesn't mean it's a higher level, just a higher price.
Trader Pat

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:57 pm
Complete with coconut bra?! :D
sniffer66

ODPaul82 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:33 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:19 pm

I do variations of Goalwatch and HTO, using PI stats (amongst others). Automated and using my own pre match and then IPT in-play. Works well for me
Clint was my mainstay for over 10 years which GW is pretty much based on. I'm pretty much full-on with the tennis and better returns with the unders that it was one less thing for me to try and be multi-tasking with
There's also another variation on one of theirs where you lay the unders for the next 3 goals from about 65 mins, based on PI stats. Blitz I think the author calls it
johnsheppard

The golden rule / categorical imperative is probably pertinent to the discussion. But then, most capitalists don't care about that, definitely not the advertising side of the biz.

One would hope that if a chess grandmaster was offering chess grandmaster training for premium market prices they would vet their customers. I.e. You gonna pay me 20K to learn the rules, soz buddy, keep your money... but... you already know everything there is to know? I'll take your 20K and teach you MORE than everything there is to know...

If said chess grandmaster guy wasn't doing that, well...it's plainly a poor value offer for ANYONE, noob or not noob...

So I guess the best thing to do is sign up for the course and tell him you're a noob and see what happens...probably easiest way to tell if it's value or not..
The Silk Run

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:33 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:57 pm
Complete with coconut bra?! :D
It's the Ru PAUL's Drag Race FINAL. Are you going to have a flutter :D :D
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:37 pm
ODPaul82 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:33 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:19 pm

I do variations of Goalwatch and HTO, using PI stats (amongst others). Automated and using my own pre match and then IPT in-play. Works well for me
Clint was my mainstay for over 10 years which GW is pretty much based on. I'm pretty much full-on with the tennis and better returns with the unders that it was one less thing for me to try and be multi-tasking with
There's also another variation on one of theirs where you lay the unders for the next 3 goals from about 65 mins, based on PI stats. Blitz I think the author calls it
to keep this thread clear, i might create an IPT thread during the week to get some discussion/ideas going. this thread just made me wonder about the possibilities of automating some of those key psychoff observations.
jimibt

Emmson wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:21 pm
jimibt wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:25 pm
phew -thank goodness everyone's had their say now!!

i still come to the BA forum thro habit, but imho, the quality input and brevity has gone (not just as witnessed on this thread, but in general).

shame, it shone for many a year, but :(
Place all those you deem beneath you on your ignore list!
Ignore List
-------------
  • me
rik

jimibt wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 pm

to keep this thread clear, i might create an IPT thread during the week to get some discussion/ideas going. this thread just made me wonder about the possibilities of automating some of those key psychoff observations.
In the trademate interview he was saying he feels there is a lot of smart automation that imitates a similiar approach to his in the bigger markets that is very smart taking into consideration not just statistics but ball position on the pitch etc, so he feels he lost most of his edge for premier league, championsleague etc and focuses more on 2nd tier leagues now
jimibt

rik wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:41 pm
jimibt wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 pm

In the trademate interview he was saying he feels there is a lot of smart automation that imitates a similiar approach to his in the bigger markets that is very smart taking into consideration not just statistics but ball position on the pitch etc, so he feels he lost most of his edge for premier league, championsleague etc and focuses more on 2nd tier leagues now
interesting... for sure, i don't think conventional approaches would mimic his intuition, but certainly as a numbers game, then some of the real-time stats look to offer a convenient window onto the game, especially when the cargo contains the betfair odds and other current and historical data.

will kick that thread off tmro as i said, save cluttering up here.
Trader Pat

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:25 pm
It's the Ru PAUL's Drag Race FINAL. Are you going to have a flutter :D :D

I just typed that into the Betfair search bar to see if there was a market for it! :lol:

There isn't but for some reason there is a market for Big Brother Brazil!

Return to “Football trading”