Psychoff - training course

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

xtrader16 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:48 am
If we put our minds together 'for once' we could easily work out Phycoff's trading (gambling) strategy.

I'd suggest, something like, he backs Under 1.5 goals but covers the liability by using another market to cover his opening position such as draw/draw (generally x1.6 the match draw price) and as the game progresses takes the green off <1.5 then as >1.5 goals price increases he lumps all this <1.5 goals green on overs.......I don’t think what he does is rocket science it is all there in front of us. He also uses stats to predict which team he should play on, therefore narrowing down his market. I'd also suggest he doesn’t really tell people about his break even or losses as much as you may think.

If he wasn’t using thousands and instead used hundreds....nobody would pay any attention to him.

Off topic bit I really think we would benefit from having an open slack room for chatter, set up and monitored by BA but run by volunteers, I am sure there are a few old-fashioned Crisp monitors active in the forum.

Just a thought/opinion.
How much do you want us to pay for that suggestion? ;)
Derek27

arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:03 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:57 pm
arbitrage16 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:24 pm
There are going to be people tearing their hair out trying to learn to trade football, then they find Psychoff and are delighted that they can learn how it's actually done.

In terms of conning people - suggesting the guy is "looking to pay his income tax" when it's been stated in multiple places, including this very thread, that he's actually doing it for visa purposes is way more of a con. Shameful distortion of the truth.
Exactly. It's been stated before in this thread so I didn't feel the need to mention a visa.
No you portrayed it as something completely different to make the guy look bad. Intellectually dishonest and frankly a scummy move by you. I hope people take note.
You're the one doing the misrepresenting. This is what I said:
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:37 pm
He already explained his reason for selling services, he needs to pay income tax.
The reason why he needs to pay income tax (which means generating it) was obvious. If you're cynical or paranoid enough to take that out of context and assume I'm being malicious that says more about you than me.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:48 pm
What about Real Madrid v Atalanta

Dutch laying:
- Lay O1.5 goals at 1.23
- Lay U2.5 goals at 2.52

Cover the exposure by Dutch backing:
- CS 0 - 2 at 23
- CS 2 - 0 at 16
Why not just lay 1-1?
ShaunWhite

xtrader16 wrote:

Off topic bit I really think we would benefit from having an open slack room for chatter, set up and monitored by BA but run by volunteers.
Why involve BA? I find the forum creates a kind of hive mentality and a Slack version would be the same.
Archangel

xtrader16 wrote:
He also uses stats to predict which team he should play on, therefore narrowing down his market. I'd also suggest he doesn’t really tell people about his break even or losses as much as you may think.

If he wasn’t using thousands and instead used hundreds....nobody would pay any attention to him.

He has stated several times in the few interviews he has given that he never looks at stats before or even during a game. He says he often doesnt even know how the teams are doing in the league.

Some of the things he did alude to were:
He mainly trades the Under/Overs, Match Odds and CS markets. But that is not unusal as they are the most liquid markets
His edge is in knowing what the odds in a given situation SHOULD be, and if they differ from what they are, he backs or lays accordingly. (Maybe that edge is dissappearing as bookmakers start using machine learning systems to keeps odds as efficient as possible)
He mainly likes to scalp, along with other strategies such as laying the leader when they are ahead but he sees some hope in the opposition coming back.
Volatility is key to trading, particulaly in scalping. So look for markets that offer that opportunity

One thing he says a lot is that he must be watching a game live to trade it. I have no idea how he selects which games to watch when there are so many occuring simultaniously :?:
ShaunWhite

Archangel wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:30 pm
I have no idea how he .......
One of many $64,000 dollar questions.

Or £46,000 questions at today's rates....making the number of questions you could ask in 25hrs 1-2-1 and 12 weeks of follow-ups sound like good value. ;)
ShaunWhite

Archangel wrote:
His edge is in knowing what the odds in a given situation SHOULD be
That's the edge every trader/gambler has isn't it? Whether it's value betting or looking for moves it's all about knowing what doesn't look right about what's in front of you and pre-empting everyone else spotting it.

Being fast enough on the uptake is what seperates the winners from the wananabes. He'll tell you what to do but can you see in yourself in a split second or will you sit there figuring it out for 5s and miss the boat?
Archangel

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:19 pm
Archangel wrote:
That's the edge every trader/gambler has isn't it? Whether it's value betting or looking for moves it's all about knowing what doesn't look right about what's in front of you and pre-empting everyone else spotting it.

Being fast enough on the uptake is what seperates the winners from the wananabes. He'll tell you what to do but can you see in yourself in a split second or will you sit there figuring it out for 5s and miss the boat?
I agree. And you would imagine there are bots out there much more capable of making these lightening quick decisions
footysystems

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:19 pm
Archangel wrote:

He has to be making decisions based on inplay. Got us all thinking though.

He does seem to be very good at Turkish matches which his is country of origin. Goals do come very late there if you look at the data ?
arbitrage16

"He already explained his reason for selling services, he needs to pay income tax."

Anyone reading your statement without prior knowledge of Psychoff's situation would have no idea that he is doing it in order to stay in the country.

You spun this in order to make him look bad. Like I said, scummy move.
Derek27

arbitrage16 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:05 am
"He already explained his reason for selling services, he needs to pay income tax."

Anyone reading your statement without prior knowledge of Psychoff's situation would have no idea that he is doing it in order to stay in the country.

Like I said, your negativity says more about you than me. Anyone without prior knowledge of Psychoff's situation would also have to be without a brain not to realise that they haven't read the thread. If you're reading a thread halfway you can expect to be missing part of the picture. Besides, I was talking to people who were discussing Psychoff's services so at least the people I was talking to could have been expected to know about the visa situation. It's not as if I said he owes £££ to the taxman or he's got a huge tax bill.

If you're really honest with yourself you'd realise you don't know whether or not I had malicious intentions, you're just speculating, yet 100% confident in your speculation. I don't give a fuck what you think of me, I just hope you don't get called up for jury service. :)
Realrocknrolla

60657453-A61E-4AAA-A699-56F79E0F300C.gif
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:23 am
arbitrage16 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:05 am

Like I said, your negativity says more about you than me. Anyone without prior knowledge of Psychoff's situation would also have to be without a brain not to realise that they haven't read the thread. If you're reading a thread halfway you can expect to be missing part of the picture. Besides, I was talking to people who were discussing Psychoff's services so at least the people I was talking to could have been expected to know about the visa situation. It's not as if I said he owes £££ to the taxman or he's got a huge tax bill.

If you're really honest with yourself you'd realise you don't know whether or not I had malicious intentions, you're just speculating, yet 100% confident in your speculation. I don't give a fuck what you think of me, I just hope you don't get called up for jury service. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

One of the biggest problems I've found with offering advice is plagiarism.

People mimic your content to position themselves as an expert, it's rife on YouTube, but you expect that. Providing any quality content via a course appears to be problematic.

Content I restricted to face to face courses has found its way out in a number of places, including published books. This was despite telling people that to do so would undermine their ability to trade the markets using the same knowledge. I resorted to getting people to agree and sign that they wouldn't, but it still happened. So enforcing that became more complicated and costly that running the courses!

Anybody that offers information of any value, will find it gets republished. I guarantee you Psychoff's content will be out there soon. I did warn him about this and I'm sure he is aware of the risks.

The other interesting thing I've found about teaching people is you can give two people the same knowledge and they end up interpreting and acting on it differently. While teaching my children I also came to realise that you are just teaching a moment, something that works now. But a lot of my edge has been in a deep understanding of the markets and how they function and that allows me to change what I do as the markets shift around.

I've seen so many people stumble into a strategy only to last a few years when it stops working. Most of the reason I've been trading successful for so long is all the stuff I do when I'm not trading. I don't sit on a beach somewhere thinking how great I am, it's straight back onto the spreadsheets.

So trading is so much more than just an idea or strategy or moment. I'm sure most of us here realise that.
Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:22 am
One of the biggest problems I've found with offering advice is plagiarism.

People mimic your content to position themselves as an expert, it's rife on YouTube, but you expect that. Providing any quality content via a course appears to be problematic.

Content I restricted to face to face courses has found its way out in a number of places, including published books. This was despite telling people that to do so would undermine their ability to trade the markets using the same knowledge. I resorted to getting people to agree and sign that they wouldn't, but it still happened. So enforcing that became more complicated and costly that running the courses!

Anybody that offers information of any value, will find it gets republished. I guarantee you Psychoff's content will be out there soon. I did warn him about this and I'm sure he is aware of the risks.

The other interesting thing I've found about teaching people is you can give two people the same knowledge and they end up interpreting and acting on it differently. While teaching my children I also came to realise that you are just teaching a moment, something that works now. But a lot of my edge has been in a deep understanding of the markets and how they function and that allows me to change what I do as the markets shift around.

I've seen so many people stumble into a strategy only to last a few years when it stops working. Most of the reason I've been trading successful for so long is all the stuff I do when I'm not trading. I don't sit on a beach somewhere thinking how great I am, it's straight back onto the spreadsheets.

So trading is so much more than just an idea or strategy or moment. I'm sure most of us here realise that.
I envy you teaching your children...

This home learning through lockdown was murder.

I won’t slag another teacher off again.

So glad schools are back.
Euler

It's been an interesting experience, as I'm having to teach them the value of money, risk, some concepts I would consider pre-requisites for trading.

Younger types lack some of the appreciation of risk and reward that more mature types would get instantly. They often fall into the 'system' trading trap quite easily as well. Looking for simple answers.

It echoes back to an earlier part of my career where I broke the mould in the company I was working for, by not seeking highly qualified graduates, but seeking people who were hungry and had some experience but not the right qualifications. Give me somebody with drive and ambition any day, you can't teach that.

Return to “Football trading”