Psychoff - training course

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

arbitrage16 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:05 am
"He already explained his reason for selling services, he needs to pay income tax."

Anyone reading your statement without prior knowledge of Psychoff's situation would have no idea that he is doing it in order to stay in the country.

You spun this in order to make him look bad. Like I said, scummy move.
Like I said, your negativity says more about you than me. Anyone without prior knowledge of Psychoff's situation would also have to be without a brain not to realise that they haven't read the thread. If you're reading a thread halfway you can expect to be missing part of the picture. Besides, I was talking to people who were discussing Psychoff's services so at least the people I was talking to could have been expected to know about the visa situation. It's not as if I said he owes £££ to the taxman or he's got a huge tax bill.

If you're really honest with yourself you'd realise you don't know whether or not I had malicious intentions, you're just speculating, yet 100% confident in your speculation. I don't give a fuck what you think of me, I just hope you don't get called up for jury service. :)
Realrocknrolla

60657453-A61E-4AAA-A699-56F79E0F300C.gif
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:23 am
arbitrage16 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:05 am
"He already explained his reason for selling services, he needs to pay income tax."

Anyone reading your statement without prior knowledge of Psychoff's situation would have no idea that he is doing it in order to stay in the country.

You spun this in order to make him look bad. Like I said, scummy move.
Like I said, your negativity says more about you than me. Anyone without prior knowledge of Psychoff's situation would also have to be without a brain not to realise that they haven't read the thread. If you're reading a thread halfway you can expect to be missing part of the picture. Besides, I was talking to people who were discussing Psychoff's services so at least the people I was talking to could have been expected to know about the visa situation. It's not as if I said he owes £££ to the taxman or he's got a huge tax bill.

If you're really honest with yourself you'd realise you don't know whether or not I had malicious intentions, you're just speculating, yet 100% confident in your speculation. I don't give a fuck what you think of me, I just hope you don't get called up for jury service. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

One of the biggest problems I've found with offering advice is plagiarism.

People mimic your content to position themselves as an expert, it's rife on YouTube, but you expect that. Providing any quality content via a course appears to be problematic.

Content I restricted to face to face courses has found its way out in a number of places, including published books. This was despite telling people that to do so would undermine their ability to trade the markets using the same knowledge. I resorted to getting people to agree and sign that they wouldn't, but it still happened. So enforcing that became more complicated and costly that running the courses!

Anybody that offers information of any value, will find it gets republished. I guarantee you Psychoff's content will be out there soon. I did warn him about this and I'm sure he is aware of the risks.

The other interesting thing I've found about teaching people is you can give two people the same knowledge and they end up interpreting and acting on it differently. While teaching my children I also came to realise that you are just teaching a moment, something that works now. But a lot of my edge has been in a deep understanding of the markets and how they function and that allows me to change what I do as the markets shift around.

I've seen so many people stumble into a strategy only to last a few years when it stops working. Most of the reason I've been trading successful for so long is all the stuff I do when I'm not trading. I don't sit on a beach somewhere thinking how great I am, it's straight back onto the spreadsheets.

So trading is so much more than just an idea or strategy or moment. I'm sure most of us here realise that.
Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:22 am

People mimic your content to position themselves as an expert, it's rife on YouTube, but you expect that. Providing any quality content via a course appears to be problematic.

Content I restricted to face to face courses has found its way out in a number of places, including published books. This was despite telling people that to do so would undermine their ability to trade the markets using the same knowledge. I resorted to getting people to agree and sign that they wouldn't, but it still happened. So enforcing that became more complicated and costly that running the courses!

Anybody that offers information of any value, will find it gets republished. I guarantee you Psychoff's content will be out there soon. I did warn him about this and I'm sure he is aware of the risks.

The other interesting thing I've found about teaching people is you can give two people the same knowledge and they end up interpreting and acting on it differently. While teaching my children I also came to realise that you are just teaching a moment, something that works now. But a lot of my edge has been in a deep understanding of the markets and how they function and that allows me to change what I do as the markets shift around.

I've seen so many people stumble into a strategy only to last a few years when it stops working. Most of the reason I've been trading successful for so long is all the stuff I do when I'm not trading. I don't sit on a beach somewhere thinking how great I am, it's straight back onto the spreadsheets.

So trading is so much more than just an idea or strategy or moment. I'm sure most of us here realise that.
I envy you teaching your children...

This home learning through lockdown was murder.

I won’t slag another teacher off again.

So glad schools are back.
Euler

It's been an interesting experience, as I'm having to teach them the value of money, risk, some concepts I would consider pre-requisites for trading.

Younger types lack some of the appreciation of risk and reward that more mature types would get instantly. They often fall into the 'system' trading trap quite easily as well. Looking for simple answers.

It echoes back to an earlier part of my career where I broke the mould in the company I was working for, by not seeking highly qualified graduates, but seeking people who were hungry and had some experience but not the right qualifications. Give me somebody with drive and ambition any day, you can't teach that.
Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:42 am
It's been an interesting experience, as I'm having to teach them the value of money, risk, some concepts I would consider pre-requisites for trading.

Younger types lack some of the appreciation of risk and reward that more mature types would get instantly. They often fall into the 'system' trading trap quite easily as well. Looking for simple answers.

It echoes back to an earlier part of my career where I broke the mould in the company I was working for, by not seeking highly qualified graduates, but seeking people who were hungry and had some experience but not the right qualifications. Give me somebody with drive and ambition any day, you can't teach that.
Always been the same when seeking employees, somebody that wants it. 🤑

I always preferred employing younger people as they can be moulded where as the older employee knows it all.

Ambition definitely goes along way with a positive mindset.

Good luck today PW.
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
I don't sit on a beach somewhere thinking how great I am, it's straight back onto the spreadsheets.
At some point this year I intend to do all three at the same time 8-)
jamesg46

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:36 am
Euler wrote:

I envy you teaching your children...

This home learning through lockdown was murder.

I won’t slag another teacher off again.

So glad schools are back.
https://youtu.be/5LlL_tgY4YY
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:55 am
Euler wrote:
I don't sit on a beach somewhere thinking how great I am, it's straight back onto the spreadsheets.
At some point this year I intend to do all three at the same time 8-)
When I've had enough to drink, I dream about how great I am. :D
psychoff

Euler wrote:

That's true. I remember our speech on this. I am of course aware of pros and cons of the matter.

Another point that I strongly agree is, how my trading style has changed during the years (and it still does). It is impossible to survive without adaptation to changes in the enviorenment, both in the nature and in trading as well.
Euler

That's very true, I've adapted and morphed over many years. You have to if you want to keep your edge.

I've seen an article I published in a magazine reused many times over and it's become funny to watch it proliferate, without any credit to the original author of course! You realise if you put anything out there, that's bound to happen.

But the funny thing is that the mimics didn't realise is that the original article was modified by the editor and lost a key part of the text. As a result, it lost its true context. I've kept an eye on this particular strategy to see how many years it will be copied and reproduced before people realise it's wrong. It's been 15 years now and nobody has spotted the error.

It's really interesting experiment in whether people actually use the stuff they talk about. Because if they did, the error would be apparent very quickly. It's even made it's way into two books as well.

It's a funny and revealing experiment.
jamesg46

& this is why the use of the word "edge" frustrates me... because so many people are searching for it, like it's a fixed asset.
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:46 pm
& this is why the use of the word "edge" frustrates me... because so many people are searching for it, like it's a fixed asset.
Since lockdown my 'edge' is doing an excellent impression of the scarlet pimpernel. What on earth did I tune into?
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:43 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Since lockdown my 'edge' is doing an excellent impression of the scarlet pimpernel. What on earth did I tune into?
No idea what the Scarlet Pimpernel is about & I'm not about to spend the time reading about it.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:49 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:43 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
No idea what the Scarlet Pimpernel is about & I'm not about to spend the time reading about it.
The only thing you need to know about him is the quote.....
"They seek him here, they seek him there
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That demned elusive Pimpernel"

Basically just "elusive"

Return to “Football trading”